collapse

Author Topic: CabEX by PhiBase  (Read 110922 times)

Offline WiZARD

Re: CabEX by PhiBase
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »
I really don't know to buy it or not. I don't like this H1 open/close, it reminds me of Synergy...
Greed is good

TradeNow

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »
I really don't know to buy it or not. I don't like this H1 open/close, it reminds me of Synergy...

ouch  >:(
dont remind me. my synergy trauma is realy deep.

Waiting for the first trade  ;D

best regards
Mark

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:39 AM »
on the phibase site they are talking about a 1000 pips drawdown phase which is heavy but then they are talking about a 1800 dd phase.
so I don't know, also both backtest are different in my
view. 39% <> 21% dd is a huge difference.
what you guys think about that?

p.s mark, I will send you an email when I'm at work  ;)

The backtest are for 5 year period (DD 22%) and 13 year (40% seen in 2004).

The 5 year backtest was conducted using DukasCopy tick data at 99% quality. This GBPUSD data was found to be most reliable. The EA has a very high Expected Payoff value of above 20 pips - so conducting 99% test is not required.

Phibase had obtained GBPUSD data set from a private source but this was found too have issues with varying GMT offset within the data set. The HLC values did not match the values found on Dukas copy data as well.

13 year backtest was conducted with MetaQuotes data at 90% quality. The data contains gaps and is not considered to be good quality. This test was conducted to see if the EA's startegy can survive longer period backtest without making any changes.

CabEX version 1.0 is being released only to Phibase members. This is similar to the model we used for Ray Scalper. Ray Scalper prelaunch version was released during last week of august. The commerical release was done in January, 2013. This period also enables us to have reasonable live performance period - but more importantly, our members and experts here have always been able to provide us with great feedback and suggestions to improve the strategy. CabEX will be commercially released by August, 2013.

Our website is being updated with more information on the trading strategy, screen shots of trade setups and other analysis. The following is part of the content which will be presented on the website in the next couple of days. 

CabEX EA is not based on basic technical strategy, but on the behaviour and range of the GBPUSD. Behaviour of GBPUSD will change over time - increase/decrease in volumes and liquidity, change in Forex regulations curbing the effect of marker makers and banks, centralizing of all Forex operations will pose changes to the currency behaviour, Break up of EURO zone, etc.

We do not see CabEX to be a software which will function over 10 year periods with out requiring any changes to strategy.  This may in fact be applicable for almost all trading strategies. Synergy and Ray Scalper are basic strategies that can be termed robust and can be expected to work within the statistical range seen in backtests - This is because these are based on  technical strategies which have been in use for several decades. CabEX is trading price behavior at conjestion zones and extremes. There are no indicators or optimization involved.

Price behaviour in GBPUSD changed in 2010 - break out startegies which performed well in tests prior to 2010 failed completely after that. Technical strategies like breakouts, reverse traders or trend followers will not be able to work for trading such currency pairs in live trading for long.

CabEX is an attempt to trade the price curve only based on its closing value. The movements which is seen in between High and Low is discarded as noise - these movements are very attractive and seem like great trading oppurtunities - but in reality, these moves are based on order visibility available to bigger players. It would not be possible to trade these without data on market depth, buy/sell interest and centralized volume data.

CabEX will trade the price curve reversals and trends - the trade management gives it enough room from being chopped off by the normal fluctuations. It would be easier for members to trade GBPUSD if they use the Line option on the chart (instead of Bar or Candles) - since this is the way the EA will be seeing the price moves.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:32:13 AM by phibase »

Offline fx.mstr

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
As I see the backtests the recent period is either flat or declining, just like Ray and Synergy (and many other GBPUSD EAs as well).

If I see the live performance of Ray and Synergy (especially Synergy) I have some concernes.
The support service is great but the EAs are not really profitable.

Due to the poor performance of Synergy here is the big question: Can I change my Synergy licence to a CabEX licence?
If you find my post interesting, funny, boring, annoying or meaningless please donate $1 to any animal shelter. :)

Offline alex100

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
Due all respect to phibase guys now is not the best time to come out with new product. Ray now is not doing good and Synergy as far as I know never made it.

TradeNow

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »
Right now all of the so called better eas are struggling in those choppy market.
So it doesnt matter when phibase release its new baby imho  :D

I am quite pleased that this ea is another approach and that its NOT a eurusd ea.
And if its a looser? Except marty and grids no ea is doing well right now. So we will see but i invest my money first in a solid vendor with solid eas than in another piece of junk. And maybe ray synergy and this new one will do well in future markets. Who knows...thats forex or not?  ;)

best regards
Mark

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
Fully agree with you, Mark.
If the EA is not doing well in the immediate term, it does not mean it will fail in future. I find the concerns being expressed about Ray to be over the board. The EA has done well considering the deeper trouble seen in other ea's. It wont make sense comparing any one them one to one... but dd and bad patches are not digested well  :-\

Synergy seem to have found its foot... seeing some wins after long... its just a matter of time, as long as the max dd is not broken in live trade it is still very much in the game.

I have requested phibase to correlate dd phases with respect to long term market conditions.  This will be useful in judging the dd periods and to understand the losses better.

I jumped in on cabex mainly because it was trading GU... would not have considered if it was yet another EU trader.... need to consider other pairs too  8)    infact I think the timing is good... they have released it just after a 15% dd seen in backtest, so max dd seen is closer....  ;D ...

@Hammy.. You are one of the few successful traders who seem to have found the right method of using grid/mart and on/off for other ea's.... once you are successful with grid, it is hard to like any other..... I have had my bad with grids/marts... so choosing safer way for me is to go for regular strategies with normal losses and dds  ;D
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Online Ash

• Click my HEART for Good Luck ;)
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
Hi Mike,

well I am still all-in with RayScalper and Fancy Bot for a little while, but have dropped most others.

But you are right about grid/mart, I am getting the best results possible, very happy.
If you are interested, send me a PM, I can get you on the right path, because grids are suicide if not traded smart.

Hi Hammy,

Do you have a specific thread with advice on trading grids/martin's?

I have been trading Forex Cantata with success for 1 year now, consistantly returns 3 to 5% a month for me with AUDNZD and AUDCAD.

I would and i'm sure others would appreciate your guidance...

Ash

TradeNow

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
Hi Hammy,

I have been trading Forex Cantata with success for 1 year now, consistantly returns 3 to 5% a month for me with AUDNZD and AUDCAD.

Ash

off topic

Hi,

why not opening a new thread? I am also trading tea 1.94 and traded cantana.
So we can exchange infos how to trade those high risk eas.

best regards
Mark

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

CabEX only sets protective server side SL (300 pips) and TP (500 pips) – trades will obviously close if price touches these hard levels.

Trades are closed on H1 close above/below the hidden TP (300 pips) and hidden SL (100 pips).

The target levels (TL1, TL2, etc) are also hidden levels and close above/below them will trigger hidden SL modification.

Since H1 close is required, the EA closes/modifies hidden TSL levels only at new bar.  High/Low/price movements inside the H1 bar are considered as noise – they will not cause trigger of hidden SL/TP/SL.

The screen shot is below describe these levels:

CabEX EA will see the chart as a line chart (Not as a Bar or CandleStick chart) - H1/W1 High-Low values are used as part of trading logic, but not in trade management. The Closing value line chart with shifted one bar is shown below:

Candle Stick Chart of the above screen is given below for reference:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:17:35 PM by phibase »

Offline hammy

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
Hi Mike,

well I am still all-in with RayScalper and Fancy Bot for a little while, but have dropped most others.

But you are right about grid/mart, I am getting the best results possible, very happy.
If you are interested, send me a PM, I can get you on the right path, because grids are suicide if not traded smart.

Hi Hammy,

Ash

Ash,  please check out the threads for Tom's EA and ForteFX

thanks !

Offline Dash

• Trading since 2005
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 06:09:52 AM »
the vendor should focus on making their existing EAs profitable first before trying to sell yet another UNPROVEN EA. their Ray scalper is going no where and is on a downhill spiral atm. Phibase was a disaster.

Offline nc!

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »
vendors should have real performance first, generic programs that pass BT is nothing. Vendors can find many pairs and settings that pass BT does not mean anything, will it will work in real account? Hype and marketing is investors enemy. 8)  maybe after a year when version x ...if it makes any money. :)
No eas in real accounts

Following Signals

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »
the vendor should focus on making their existing EAs profitable first before trying to sell yet another UNPROVEN EA. their Ray scalper is going no where and is on a downhill spiral atm. Phibase was a disaster.

Quick quick... add it to your black list.. the more the merrier  ;D  ;)

On a serious note:

Ray is not spiraling down  ??? .. my mbt and ibfx accounts are doing slightly better than the vendors reference for v1.9/2 reads as :

jan: + 106 pips (mbt 112, ibfx 121)
feb : - 7 pips  (mbt 26, ibfx -22)
mar : +126 pips  (mbt 128, ibfx 110)
apr : +46 pips  (mbt 62, ibfx 52)

If your account is spiraling down... it would do you good to consult with vendor or just change account. The ea is doing its job.... we have to provide it a good environment to trade with.

Synergy V4 was an update made available just last month...  the vendor has updated the pattern strategy and improved up on it 4 times since start in early 2012. This is a good sign and indicates dedication to improve and make it better. If DD cannot be accepted, only grids/marts should be traded....   :P

Cabex will add more diversified strategy... I do not think that a single ea wil be able to make money for anyone..  :-X

BTW: cabex is waiting for its first trade......  :D
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline DrNoob

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »
hey guys,

any movement with CabEX during the last days?

regards

Kian