collapse

Author Topic: FX Viper  (Read 152293 times)

Offline websmith

• Earning money should be boring.
Re: FX Viper
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
I try to analyse this stats http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FXViperTrading/fx-viper-live-account/616112
Average Win: 3.98 pips or 0.14%
Risk per every trade is 10% (??? http://www.liveforextrading.info/forex-signal/633/FX-Viper.html ???)
Let is assume we have $1000. We are risking $100 on every trade in order to get $1.4 (0.14%). So we should have 71 winning trades per 1 full SL only to be at BE.
Monthly: 3.72%
Well. We will be winning during 4 months in a row in order to lose all profit in one trade.  :-\
Conclusion: in spite of the fact that master account has $100k personally I doubt that this account will be profitable
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:53:39 AM by websmith »

Offline kjen17

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
i like the idea that we will be copying from a REAL 100k worth account

yes that's unusual, makes a change from the usual two-bit rubbish

Offline SteveOSling

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »
I try to analyse this stats http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FXViperTrading/fx-viper-live-account/616112
Average Win: 3.98 pips or 0.14%
Risk per every trade is 10% (??? http://www.liveforextrading.info/forex-signal/633/FX-Viper.html ???)
Let is assume we have $1000. We are risking $100 on every trade in order to get $1.4 (0.14%). So we should have 71% winning trades only to be at BE.
Monthly: 3.72%
Well. We will be winning during 4 months in a row in order to lose all profit in one trade.  :-\
Conclusion: in spite of the fact that master account has $100k personally I doubt that this account will be profitable
There's definitely a lot of merit in what you say. I suppose the only saving grace is the fact that not all losses will equal 10%, very few in fact.

But the big loss will inevitably come and wipe out much profit. Similar behaviour to a marty.

For sure, this system will need a fair sized account to generate profits safely.

One has to respect the master account size however!!

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Trader Recruiter - PM me if you want to commercialize your trading
  • Trading Forex to Financial Freedom
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:59 AM »
The trader has actually given me a maximum risk of around 5% per trade, however I've chosen to publish 10% because I'd rather give him a buffer.

I also don't want to have to  deal with people freaking out then having to defend him and justify the trade if he decides to go above 5% for a legitimate reason.

If you want to see a little bit more history you can check out his demo account taking the same trades. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FXViperTrading/fx-viper-master-account/616044

We were going to use this as a master initially before we decided to go with a live account master

Offline Pipstar

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 05:08:16 AM »
Hi Nick,

Where do I sign up for the 4 weeks trial? Your website shows 2 weeks to trial.

Offline rippa

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »
Hi Nick,

Where do I sign up for the 4 weeks trial? Your website shows 2 weeks to trial.
The introductory email states, "Exclusive 4 Week Free Trial For FX Amplified Subscribers".
Are you a current customer of FxAmplified?

Offline pj

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 05:47:01 AM »
Hi Nick,

I think its better to not give a buffer. If the trader says 5 % max risk per trade basket then that should be it. If he goes over then that is a warning sign to subscribers .To give him a 5% leeway says " I dont trust him". Anyway thanks for the free 4 week trial. Very generous of you.

cheers
PJ

Offline traderpip

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 06:24:51 AM »
It appears from the trading style that the 5% (or 10%) max loss may simply be an emergency stop.  And just because the emergency stop is there does not necessarily mean that an open trade down pips will be held until it hits stop.  I think people should not jump to that conclusion until we see how the trader handles the trades live.

Furthermore, if you look at the normal duration time of the trades they are quite short.  Moreover, from the time of day the trades are open it seems this trader is trading during periods when there is no major impact news being released which adds an extra layer of safety.

Unlike amplified which can open trades at any time of day, trade through news and go through the hope and pray of recovery if the market goes against him this trader seems a little more strategic in terms of when he takes his trades.  That is not to say that both styles cannot be successful it is just a matter of perhaps this being a slightly more cautious approach as to when positions are being opened.

Though the history is somewhat short it does look quite promising.   If the assumption about the cautious approach is correct and the trader displays the ability to enter and exit trades in strategic manner that mitigates the risk on the overall account then he could be very successful with this style. 

Offline BoozyBum

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:45 AM »
If I had $40k (instead of my $4k) to put behind his trading I'd do it.

Oh, you would put it here or in Fxamp...? Pfff!

I wish there weren't rules that stopped me from abusing people.

Offline SteveOSling

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 11:50:57 AM »
First trade for me.

7.3 pips on Excel
6.2 on LQD

Nice start, I'm happy.

Offline rippa

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »
6.2 Thinkforex
6.3 Pepperstone

good start  ;)
first of many, I hope.

Offline forexbaby

• Money is NOT the key to happiness.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
7.2 axi pro ecn

Offline Okda

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »
first trade for me also with Viper

6.4 Forex.com & ST VPS

Offline bizmark

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Hi Nick,

Is this 4 weeks free offer for FX Amplified customers meant to be activated anytime (let's say after months, so there will be longer history), or it just 4 weeks from today? Doesn't make much sense to me to be "pushed" in without reasonable sample of trades.
I would like to have an answer to this message please

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Nick, have you noticed this question?

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Trader Recruiter - PM me if you want to commercialize your trading
  • Trading Forex to Financial Freedom
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 12:33:21 PM »
Hi Nick,

Is this 4 weeks free offer for FX Amplified customers meant to be activated anytime (let's say after months, so there will be longer history), or it just 4 weeks from today? Doesn't make much sense to me to be "pushed" in without reasonable sample of trades.
I would like to have an answer to this message please

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Nick, have you noticed this question?

Sorry, I missed this question.

I'll cut off the 4 week trial on the 1st of August when we open it up to the public.