collapse

Author Topic: Trusted FX  (Read 115222 times)

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
Re: Trusted FX
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
He loss at the beginning  was on August 28th when he set up the myfxbook and after an BOE interest rate decision. Expect losses as that is part of the game but as you can see he recovered fine even using a lower lot size after his loss. His max dd is never more than 8-12 percent but as you can see he is very high probability trader as his average trade time is no more than 30 minutes.

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:47:29 PM by jshear »

Offline nu t ka ze

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 02:34:22 PM »
Jeff,

it seem that you follow him as well. mind to hang your fxbook here, at least we all know that you can walk the talk.

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Are you serious? You are asking me to  post my personal account info?Yes I follow him but I do trade myself as I was taught by this guy. So my fxbook is irrelevant.

Jeff

PS You have a million dollar live fxbook account to follow and trades done today this is all your going to get not my personal accounts sorry!!

Offline forexbaby

• Money is NOT the key to happiness.
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »
If risk is 10%, i think this is a great signal and he seldom go there.

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »
Here is a description of the signal:

SIGNAL DETAILS

This trading system is based on volatility and momentum using dynamic stops and dynamic take profit/Maximum stop 8% to 12% of equity on all open positions / Max overall drawdown (worst case scenario) 27% ( Never once have I hit this but user need to be aware) , Maximum open positions 5 per currency pair and a total of 15 trades with all combined pairs There should be an average of 5 to 20 trades per week, as I said an average also if there is ever a breach of the 8% to 12% equity stop, open positions will start to be closed as needed in order to bring the draw down below the levels mentioned above. This does not mean that all trades will be closed at the same time, only the required amount to bring the risk level back below the 8% to 12 % level.

Tradable Pairs :(EUR/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/CAD,USD/CHF, EUR/ NOK, EUR/AUD).

The core of the system is based on Demark's Sequential and MTF Fibonacci levels .Using 7-8-9-11 bars on 1 h chart and sequential 9-13 on 15 m chart or sequential 9-13 on 4h chart. Since some of these pairs are correlated at times and sometimes they are not, When pairs are in fact correlated locked in (example: EUR/USD and GBP/USD) and are moving in the same direction then only one pair maybe traded at a time, which ever of these 2 pairs is either the weakest or strongest and has the most fundamental news behind the move. Unless there is some surprise news event that affects the untraded pair and causes a major move, then I will take advantage of the movement.

Position size and leverage (1% to 3% per individual trade) will vary depending on several factors, which include if the trade was established based on technical levels only or if the trade was established based on technicals and a fundamental news driver that occurred in real time when the trade was open adding confluence to the position, while still keeping within the max 8% to 12 % equity draw down limit.

Trades are managed VERY actively. We also place high emphasis on Capital Preservation in the same manner as we place on our trade signals and managed accounts and also taking into account fundamental news along with, large option levels and implied volatility. Most trades will only be open when the technicals are supported by fundamentals.

The trading system is comprised two methods within the Demark's Sequential,

(1) A trend reversals or trend exhaustion, or/ (2) Pullback or bounces into a trend continuation. Trading hours are from the London open to the London Fix. Also trading will not occur during major holidays, unless there is some unforeseen news release that has enough strength to cause a major move,(Examples/ Sovereign downgrade or an act of war, a statement which was not scheduled by the Head of the ECB, BOE,BOC or the FOMC, something very major that I deem tradable has to take place.)

Also if youre the type of investor that needs to see trades everyday, please do not join, I am here to make money for myself and the end user and I do not cater to trade junkies.

On the other hand if youre here to accept a measure degree of risk and control, you may find this just what you been looking for.

Trades usually will not be open 1 hr before any High impact news (unless the news is leaked), I will wait until the outcome to determine if there been a trend change or a trend continuation, any trades that are still open before any High impact news release on the affected pair will either have the stop lose moved to lock in profit/ reduce stop lose or may be closed all together depending on the Demark's Sequential setup. Also 90% of the time there will be no trades left open over the weekend, its a judgment call, and the reason for the 10% option to leave open if needed with tight stops lose.

Having said all the above.. I don't want anyone to have any unrealistic expectations. I am a very consistent full time trader, but I'm sure there will be some losing days, as well as some losing weeks.

Ultimately, I am in full control of how much I can lose...I have always chosen to basically lose next to nothing at months end. The old saying goes "armatures think about how much they can make. Professionals think about how much they can lose. I am not here to make friends; I am here to make money with acceptable risk and control.

I expect to make money just about every month... though I may have an occasional losing month... but if you check back every couple months... I'm pretty sure you'll like the results and  my goal for myself since I living from my trading is to make a new water mark high each and every month or end the month flat at best.

If you join you must be prepared for a 8 % to 12% drawdown it will happen some day. If that is too high for your stomach then you can always reduce the risk ratio by 50% or what ever feels most comfortable to you, everyone is different, do not fool yourself think you will get rich overnight .

This is all the information I am prepared to share, also if you find that you are having problems with the trade copier, please email Simpletrader.com, they offer great support and any technical questions or problems that may arise are better answered by Simpletrader.com support, I have no control over any of these issues concerning the trade copier and will not answer any e-mail with question about the trade copier.

IF anyone has any questions that have not been covered here or cannot be seen on the Simpletrader.com website with regards to our system, you may email us, please do not email asking a questioned that has already clearly been answered or displayed here. I trade all day and do not have time for question that I have already taken the time to write about here and can be clearly seen. I will try to answered emails with 48 hrs after trading hours are over.

I will also not participate in any public forums or message board< I have no time and want to keep insulated  from all the comments being made in forums ( good or bad) by users who have no idea what trading is all about, if your such a great trader then make it easy on yourself , DO NOT JOIN! Simple enough right? Is this rude? No its the truth if youre that good and better then myself then you should not be here.

Cheers

Jeff ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:08:00 PM by jshear »

Offline Tempestshade

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 02:54:54 PM »
This looks extremely interesting jshear! Thanks for this.

Does there happen to be an account with more history? No worries if there isn't, the fact that you waited until there was three months of performance shows that this individual is serious.

Would you be able to share what commission/avg spread he is paying so we can determine if our brokers are suitable due to the low pip wins?

Thank you,
David

Offline jubal

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »
"Would you be able to share what commission/avg spread he is paying so we can determine if our brokers are suitable due to the low pip wins?"

Good point.   some the the winners are quite small and with the wrong broker could end up overall negative
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.... then you have probably underestimated the seriousness of the situation

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »
He is using as his master ATC Brokers and his commissions are 8.00 per lot. As most good ECN brokers now offer much lower commission that ATC and as good or better spreads. For example any of HFT brokers are all good.

Jeff

http://www.hftgroupfx.com

Offline pipmenow

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »
A subscription fee of $115 combined with an average monthly profit of about 1.5% doesn't really fit to the recommended minimum investment of just $500.

I agree with you. Making 1.5% per month even on a $8000 account would barely cover the subscription cost and maximum DD is about 8-12%.

So if you double or triple your risk in order to enjoy higher gains you also double or triple your DD.

So on an $8000 account we have the following possible scenarios.

Using risk multiplier of 1.
$8000 * 1.5% = $120 (just enough to cover the subscription fee) and a possible DD of 10%

Using risk multiplier of 2.
$8000 * 3% = $240 (now we have a little profit) and a possible DD of 20%.

Using risk multiplier of 3.
$8000 * 4.5% = $360 (things are looking better) and a possible DD of 30%.

Using risk multiplier of 4.
$8000 * 6% = $480 (getting better) and a possible 40%????????????????
Grid "born and bred".

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
He's up 2.8 percent this week first week of the month. The trading description is very clear. He is trading for himself and clients to make money and actually you are coming for the ride. If you want to waste your hard earned money with systems that will blow up your account then this is not the right trader for  you. But if you want consistent monthly gains with no stress then you have found the right place.

Cheers

Jeff ;)

Offline Steve Cole

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »
Steve: I am confused about your earlier post. You say this reminds you of a trader at Lehman Brothers that traded for you and you loss 200K at Lehman. Was the loss due to the traders trades or was it due to the fact the Lehman Brothers collapsed and clients lost there deposits? You also say he left and you never heard from him. Its possible maybe he was your trader. Not sure about that but as you say the style of trading is very similar.

Cheers

Jeff ;)

Jeff

No never, the problem was that the trader whos trading style looks so identical to this master account you have posted, made me money always, some months break even but over 70% of the time other month where extremely good months and I mean good. Its just not for small accounts, that trader would use very low leverage on large volume,

The problem with me is that I was notified of the MBS melt down ahead of time by the Lehman Bros trader, this trader had a very small group of investor (high end accounts) that he handle, later on in a court case, I came to find out that he moved either to another firm or just went on his own, how? Simple my attorney later on through a motion  for discovery for evidence in a case I had against Lehman revealed that he advise all clients to sell all MBS holding before the melt down took place and the memo never went out and the firm trashed it , so in trying to save his clients I guess he got fired, or he just quite . But the style of trading looks so familiar for me that I cannot help but take notice it, consider yourself lucky to have him as a friend and if in fact its the same trader and those wanting him to come this forum , good luck if your not a high net worth individual its never going to happen  . I had to make 2 week appointments at Lehman Bros, these guys have a gift and at best all we can do ride the wind ,But like I said the styles of trading are the same, sniper shooting nothing fancy .

Offline forexbaby

• Money is NOT the key to happiness.
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Just one qn, is VPS based in UK London or US New York better? 

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
Based on my experience a VPS newr your brokers servers or simple trader is good.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 01:38:30 AM »
A subscription fee of $115 combined with an average monthly profit of about 1.5% doesn't really fit to the recommended minimum investment of just $500.

I agree with you. Making 1.5% per month even on a $8000 account would barely cover the subscription cost and maximum DD is about 8-12%.

So if you double or triple your risk in order to enjoy higher gains you also double or triple your DD.

So on an $8000 account we have the following possible scenarios.

Using risk multiplier of 1.
$8000 * 1.5% = $120 (just enough to cover the subscription fee) and a possible DD of 10%

Using risk multiplier of 2.
$8000 * 3% = $240 (now we have a little profit) and a possible DD of 20%.

Using risk multiplier of 3.
$8000 * 4.5% = $360 (things are looking better) and a possible DD of 30%.

Using risk multiplier of 4.
$8000 * 6% = $480 (getting better) and a possible 40%????????????????

This is a good analysis pipmenow. This isnt worth it much for the cost and potential drawdown unless you have an exceptionally large account to trade it on.

Looks like it will be a stable signal, but not much history yet to really tell much of anything. It sounds from members on the board here that your word goes a lot further than having a decent verifiable history jshear.

For those of us who do not know you, is there any other history or track record the trader has? 3 months is better than nothing but certainly not much at all in terms of justifying a profitable trading strategy. Again, it looks good but I have to agree with pipmenow on the risk/reward based on account balance. It is not really worth it for many investors unless putting it on a sizeable account. If you put in $20,000 to trade it on, based on the history you could maybe make $4 or 500 or so per month, then after subscription fee of $115 you are still left with some cash. It is not really meant for smaller retail accounts it appears.

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »
I just woke up to 6.1 pips in my account.

Jeff ;)