collapse

Author Topic: FX Quick Route systems and tools  (Read 207634 times)

Offline Okda

Re: FX Quick Route systems and tools
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:23 AM »
So you follow the rules of entry for dual drive and only use the xtreme zone to confirm that you are in the "safe"  zone?
I watched the videos but I was wondering how to use both together

Thanks for the info

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:44:54 AM by Okda »

Offline FQ

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 10:43:22 AM »
Dual drive and xtreme zones will only give entry points for possible scalping opportunities. The exit will depend on your sysem. You can optimize dual drive to adapt current market condition

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
Yes, exactly
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline Okda

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »
Thanks
Looking forward for your results
Kindly try to take screenshot of some trades and share it with us

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Offline compujock

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »
So you follow the rules of entry for dual drive and only use the xtreme zone to confirm that you are in the "safe"  zone?
I'm looking forward to the results as well.  Thanks for sharing Ody.
Demo Test of Serial Scalper 2.0 manual strategy from fxquickroute:

Offline aagarcia

• VIP
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
Dual drive and xtreme zones will only give entry points for possible scalping opportunities. The exit will depend on your sysem. You can optimize dual drive to adapt current market condition

Wouldn't the red and blue dots serve as exits??

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
Actually, yes they can, but realize that they only show up well after the fact, sometimes 5-8 bars after....they seem to be partly based on fractals.
So they are NOT the optimal places to exit. Well they are, but you dont get to SEE them until far later.

In the interests of calrifying my myfxbook public test of DualDrive + XtremeZones combo, here are some of the basic rules I will be using and general notes:

1) entries will ONLY be from 8AM to 1:30 PM NY time.
2) my TF is m5 and I'm watching 8 pairs (the 7 USD majors + gold)
3) because the TF is m5 and exits are at my discretion, I am using a TP of 20 pips as a sort of benchmark. I will enter using only the DualDrive+XtremeZones rules (swing dot inside the zone), and I will exit on 1 of the following:
 a) a valid opposite signal
 b) at midline if there is >20 pips from entry arrow to midline OR at the opposite Xtreme zone if < 20 pips to midline
 c) at 5PM NY time (or 4PM or so if I have other commitments - and note that although I will strive to watch it the full NY trade day, I at times may elect to close a trade early if I have to leave my desk and cannot monitor it adequately)

Note 2 other things:
1) I am attempting to be as objective and agnostic as possible concerning the performance, and using what I consider to be very basic rules and the same settings of signalbars=4 / timegap=2 for all pairs. This is likely not optimal, but it IS standardized. Note that some days (like mondays) may not be good to trade in real life, but I am including them for completeness.
2) this test is on a demo account, and I do not use a hard stop loss. I am using a standard size of 1 minilot on a $10k starting balance, just to stay standardized for purposes of this test. I do NOT yet use this on live accounts and I would caution anyone from doing so just yet. lets see what the performance says, at least on these pairs and this TF with these settings.
3) This test is being done on an "as I have time" basis, it isnt what I do full time, so if I miss an alert or trade entry or exit opportunity, thats the way it is. I will use my best efforts so we can all see if what I perceive as strong potential does in fact pan out in live use (again, at least on these pairs and tf and general time). It could be that OTHER pairs/TFs/sessions are in fact more optimal to use, but I cant test them all. Feel free to conduct your own tests. I believe regardless of the results of this performance that the software is well built and the availability to do on-screen visual win% and pip count tests really is a powerful tool that should make this software well worth its price - and thats why I endorse and promote it.

Wouldn't the red and blue dots serve as exits??
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:42:46 PM by odysseus11 »

Offline compujock

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
Sounds very logical, organized, and fair to me.  Thanks for doing this.
Demo Test of Serial Scalper 2.0 manual strategy from fxquickroute:

Offline catbanks

• Stealth like a cat
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 02:56:42 AM »
hi odysseus,

your system in dual drive is very interesting.
perhaps you can also make a system out of trend flow. im using it now and its very good for scalping big trends

Serial Scalper Default Mode

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:40 AM »
Hi cat, I am for sure going to do a similar test for TrueBreakout 4.0
Not sure about Trend Flow, havent really read up on that one as much - do you have it?

Offline catbanks

• Stealth like a cat
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 03:17:42 AM »
yes i have it,

here is a video
Trend Flow V2

you can check this since its good in combination with trend systems. it can be also used with xtreme zones for targets

Offline policepolice

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 06:09:27 AM »
well
i have purchased the xtreme zones and trend flow
so far it's good but i need to use it on lower time frame 5m and 15m but still didn't find the setting for the best result
some times it doesn't catch the big move trend because this is a retracement basic
so do you have any suggestion?

Offline catbanks

• Stealth like a cat
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
well
i have purchased the xtreme zones and trend flow
so far it's good but i need to use it on lower time frame 5m and 15m but still didn't find the setting for the best result
some times it doesn't catch the big move trend because this is a retracement basic
so do you have any suggestion?

im testing now with my system, i will try to open demo to record trades. im trading m15 timeframe using default settings with xtreme zones and my indicators

Offline mikeh

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
I am running Serial Scalper on 10 pairs, those recomended by FX Quickroute as least volatile. I am taking signals during the recommended Asian session. I will only entertain signals with 20 pip stops or less. Any signal with less than 15 pip stops I will set the take profit at the second TP level. Otherwise the TP is at TP#1 level.

Last night- 3 signals occured during the Asian session. Two had SL of 20 pips or more... no trade.

1 signal occured on the GBPUSD. I closed it after 12 bars (1 hour) as it ranged (another exit suggestion by the vendor)  Closed it at Breakeven.

So far- even.

The alerts are great. I'm using push notifications on my phone. Working out well. We will see.

Good job on the Extreme Zones and Fractals set ups I see here.

Offline Viktory

• VIP
  • Find your way and focus...
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
Hi Mikeh,

Thanks for also sharing your experience :)

I've just purchased the "Xtreme Zones + Dual Drive" promo (thanks to Odysseus's excellent advice ;D), but I have not begun to test it yet. Albeit, I feel I have nothing to lose given the great possibilities involved... Also thought on "Xtreme Zones + Trend Flow", but after reading the information and watching the provided videos, I see Dual Drive much more in sync to my personal style and what I'm looking for while trading manually.

The upcoming version "Serial Scalper" also looks very appealing, but I don't think I will have the required time to be continuously staring at charts at fixed schedules in order to properly use it as it was intended... That's why I'm looking forward to "True Breakout", that apparently seeks for longer term moves and seems to work more according to what I need at the moment.

Cheers!
Vctor