collapse

Author Topic: Forex Flex EA  (Read 32229 times)

Offline Basilero

Re: Forex Flex EA
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
I asked the developer of the test, in response to the silence. invited him to this thread for a discussion and his robot. this too was ignored. apparently does not pass testing robot. all this is alarming.

TradeNow

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »
Hi,

vendor replied some hours later to my questions. Right now no bt possible. He said they are working at the problem which occured with new mt4 build. So maybe someone who is running 509 can make a bt.
I am not interested in any bt. I am looking forward to my real live results. Also my question about lot sizing was answered after a short time. So right now i can not complain about the support.

We will see......only time will tell  :D

Br
Mark

Offline aicohn

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 02:10:56 AM »
EA does not appear to work properly.  I set the risk to 0.1 and virtual trades to 0 just to see it place a trade, which it did.  With a TP of 11 and SL of 30, it was placing TP values of 1100 and SL of 3000 pips!  It then closed the trade immediately, but the P/L statement in the display kept updating as if the trade were still open.  If it's doing the same with the virtual trades, it will likely never place any real ones.

Anybody else having similar problems or able to reproduce this apparent bug?? *** Note: My broker is Tallinex, a 5 digit broker, like the myforex model accounts shown at the site ***

I do have a query out to the developers about this apparent bug, but this appears to be a really shoddy fly-by-night ea and I would caution against buying it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:17:30 AM by aicohn »

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 03:06:17 AM »
EA does not appear to work properly.  I set the risk to 0.1 and virtual trades to 0 just to see it place a trade, which it did.  With a TP of 11 and SL of 30, it was placing TP values of 1100 and SL of 3000 pips!  It then closed the trade immediately, but the P/L statement in the display kept updating as if the trade were still open.  If it's doing the same with the virtual trades, it will likely never place any real ones.

Anybody else having similar problems or able to reproduce this apparent bug??

I do have a query out to the developers about this apparent bug, but this appears to be a really shoddy fly-by-night ea and I would caution against buying it.
I don't have the EA to know for sure but it  sounds like possibly something to do with 4 or 5 digit pricing? Just don't know for sure but it lends to that suspicion. I would check with a user or the vendor to be sure.

Offline wmoody

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:23 AM »

Anybody else having similar problems or able to reproduce this apparent bug??

Sounds like Big Steve is right. Thanks for bringing this up. I was just going to let it run without testing it. I did as you did with a five digit broker and a trade opened just fine except the take profit, which should have been 30, opened up at 100. Not sure if this is a "fake" take profit to throw off dirty brokers or there is something wrong with the EA. The trade however did stay open for a few minutes before I closed it manually.

Offline aicohn

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 06:00:42 AM »
I was using a 5-digit broker also (tallinex).  Hotforex and fxopen the ones they use for the myfxbook accounts are 5-digits also.  Can't use hotforex or fxopen because of where I live.

It's weird that a 30 would come up as 100 pips in one broker and 3000 in another (both 5-digit).

Maybe it is just something put out there to confuse the broker and the system is controlling it. But if they're doing something like that, why not document it?!   It seems like the ea is doing erratic things.  And in the absence of something from support, I don't trust this to use it on a real-money account.

At first I thought about the 4-digit, 5=digit thing also.  But then I checked.  Hotforex, fxopen, tallinex... ALL 5-digit brokers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:38:23 AM by aicohn »

Offline wmoody

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »
Yes and now as stated before my copy is now tracking a trade that is not even open. According to the EA I have a trade open that is in the negative for 188.52. I wonder if that is one of the so called "virtual trades" that it's looking at.

TradeNow

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:18 AM »
Yes and now as stated before my copy is now tracking a trade that is not even open. According to the EA I have a trade open that is in the negative for 188.52. I wonder if that is one of the so called "virtual trades" that it's looking at.

Hi,

my copy is also tracking virtual trades on eurusd. Which pair do you talk about?

Br
Mark
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:38:00 AM by TradeNow »

Offline aicohn

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
You aren't even supposed to see the virtual trades.

No, this just seems like a buggy piece of software.  And no response yet from support.

This has a very bad smell to it.

Offline wmoody

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »

Hi,

my copy is also tracking virtual trades on eurusd. Which pair do you talk about?

Br
Mark

Only EURUSD. The other pairs are still at 0. Seems to be a bug. The number just goes lower and lower no matter which direction the pair goes.

TradeNow

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
Yes it goes lower and lower but why should it be a bug? 
I will wait until ea opens his first real trades. I checked with virtual 0 and ea opened up a trade immedeatly.
So far the ea is doing what is written in the doc file. Hope that you will get an answer from support.  :D

best regards
Mark

Offline aicohn

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
Why should it be a bug?  Because the display isn't reflecting the reality of the system.  How's that for starters...

TradeNow

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
Why should it be a bug?  Because the display isn't reflecting the reality of the system.  How's that for starters...

Its only a bug if developer didnt want that the ea is displaying these numbers.
It doesnt make any sense for me but right now i see that the ea is doing something. If we see similiar activity on the other charts it seems to be quite normal. And after the first real trades i see the reality of the system reflecting directly on my balance  ;)

br
Mark

Offline aicohn

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
Tradenow,

I'm not presently a software engineer, but did carry that title in the distant past, so you might say I have a background in it (Schlumberger after grad school in math.).

If a system is not reflecting reality, that is a bug by definition.  Case closed.

I have not received a response from support.  And my comment on the forexfbi site concerning behavior of this system has been held "awaiting moderation" for over 24 hours now.

In short, this is smelling very bad, and I'm taking the forexfbi site itself to traders court at forexpeacearmy for what they've done.

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 03:46:57 PM »
Hi aicohn,
Forex FBI is a complete waste of time. I would not be surprised of your post is awaiting moderation even year form now, sorry to say.