collapse

Author Topic: Forex Flex EA  (Read 32539 times)

Offline dotcomrich

Re: Forex Flex EA
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
Quote from: Tomtom link=msg=356954 date=1470600946

Bought the flex ea yesterday and trying it on demo.any suggestions on the strategy to start with?Keen to know from other memebers hows it been performing ?

I've been using it for quite awhile now and have dabbled across many of their strategies, and Default always seems to come out on top over the long run. Some of the other strats like trendsurfer or shotgun can make a lot of money quick, but are a bit riskier.

Other solid alternative strategies to Default are BigDefault and Half-Grid.

3.5x is the beginning of indicator based filters that can be toggled on/off and customized a bit. I haven't played around with these much but it looks like you can use some of these to solidify a few strats, or make entirely new strategies. The TDI cross is of particular interest because of the success of the TMS thread on FF. I will let you know if I find anything of interest with the new features in this version.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
Hi,

i dont want to crash the party here but forexflex like any other grid system will crash the account sooner or later.
I had this system two years ago and if they didnt change it completely the strategy will open up to 5 trades against the trend.
Most of the time the price returned and all is fine but if not the positions will stay open until the account is gone.

You can make money with such systems but be sure to watch the market and to withdraw on regular basis.
Much stress for nothing in the long run imho.  :)

best regards
Mark
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:26:28 AM by Tradenow »

Offline studavis

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
Quote from: dotcomrich link=msg=357091 date=1471117538

Quote from: Tomtom link=msg=356954 date=1470600946

Bought the flex ea yesterday and trying it on demo.any suggestions on the strategy to start with?Keen to know from other memebers hows it been performing ?

I've been using it for quite awhile now and have dabbled across many of their strategies, and Default always seems to come out on top over the long run. Some of the other strats like trendsurfer or shotgun can make a lot of money quick, but are a bit riskier.

Other solid alternative strategies to Default are BigDefault and Half-Grid.

3.5x is the beginning of indicator based filters that can be toggled on/off and customized a bit. I haven't played around with these much but it looks like you can use some of these to solidify a few strats, or make entirely new strategies. The TDI cross is of particular interest because of the success of the TMS thread on FF. I will let you know if I find anything of interest with the new features in this version.

So when you say you've been dabbling do you mean trying out or coding the EA?

Seen's as it looks like you own it?

Offline ingonicole

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
Hi iam selling my Forex Flex license for 180 Euro

Online iliosellas

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2016, 01:23:57 AM »
I have been using some of the Flex EA's since spring (Default, Big Default, TrendSurfer and SuperPricise). I have dropped TrendSurfer because although profitable, I am not comfortable with trades staying open for more than a day or two. You need to use myfaxbook (summary) and trade only pairs which have a high win ratio and trade all pairs with the lowest possible lot size (.01-.04) lots or risk .1 to .3.
I am eager to try the new strategy Steve is working on, Correlated Hedge - Real ( http://www.myfxbook.com/members/flexea/flex-ea-correlated-hedge-real/1863539 ) which he has indicated will release starting the new year.   ;)

Offline Tomtom

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »
OKay ..so ran the Flex Hybrid .... it wiped the profits that it made ..not good during High impact news (Us election) .But there has been a new release after that with improved news filter.
Yet to run other strategies ..any recommendation /best pairs to run on ?
Regards

Online iliosellas

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2017, 08:31:27 PM »
Read my earlier post. You MUST keep risk low; no more than .2; if you do, I can't see how you would blow an account. I find Shotgun very rewarding as well, but again, I trade .04 lots in a 10 k account.

Regards,
Ilios Ellas