collapse

Author Topic: Help me find a broker please  (Read 3764 times)

Offline jamesfrance

Help me find a broker please
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »
Hi All,

After demoing FXCBS for several months ,I have had no issues and have been very please with EA performance with them.
However I have read several negative comments relating to fund withdrawal issues and a few relating to live performance issues,so I am looking for alternatives but it's not easy,I have spent over a week searching but every time I think I have found the "one" I find negative comments relating to that broker.
So here are my requirements;

NO dealing desk ( a must)
STP
ECN ( not essential if confirmed no dealing desk/STP)
Minimum opening balance 5k or lower.
Regulated
Hedging allowed
Scalping allowed
EA's allowed
Segregated or protected funds

Please make some suggestions if you have been using a live broker that meets that criteria above.(I'm banging my head against the wall searching at the moment)
Thanks for any help.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:17:37 AM by jamesfrance »

Offline SHARKspear

• Henry @ SteadyWinner
Re: Help me find a broker please
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »
Hi James,

First, there is no perfect broker, if you want to find one, you are going to struggle forever. I am currently using FXCM UK which fit all your criteria and it will soon give us free VPS. If you are trading manual like me, you will be OK with FXCM UK but if you trade robots, FXCM's spread is not very attractive (not bad though).

In additional to your criteria, credit card funding option is a must for me (and all customer in Asia). For a deposit as low as $2K, bank wire charges is a fierce bite to our capital and those without credit card funding options are simply out. Also I need honest company and those with withdrawal problems are not acceptable.

Hope that help you a bit.

Cheers
SHARK

Offline jamesfrance

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
Thanks Shark

I have actually just opened an account at FXCM and also FXCBS

So I will be using the two of these,FXCBS for the bots and FXCM for manual and Robominer

Offline SHARKspear

• Henry @ SteadyWinner
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
For very small broker, I will suggest you to retrieve the initial capital if you can earn a profit equal to that. Then you will have no worry even if that broker go completely crazy.

I did not try FXCBS, GallantFX and IAMFX because they do not allow credit card fund-in. If they provide this later, I will try them but will retrieve my capital as soon as I can.

Offline Greeboz

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:24:11 PM »
Hi James,

I am more confident with big brokers such as Forex.com, AlpariUK, IBFX, FXDD. New broker with a small spread is based on the information I read a lot of cheating.

Offline forexnewshelp.com

• Learn Forex Trading With These Top Forex Tips And Strategies
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
Fxdd
marketiva
fxpros
but
fxpros its best
Learn Forex Trading With These Top Forex Tips And Strategies
http://forexnewshelp.com

Offline Kristofer

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
When I am asked  which broker I can recommend, I always I suggest trying Freshforex. Why? Well, firstly, technical support always helps. Its professionalism is confirmed by the fact that   it was titled as the best support on the Forex market. Then their website is very informative and offers a friendly personal service. There are useful promotions and bonuses, which help in the trade, and allow sekoyou to save money!   For example, now   you may indemnify deposit commission at the expense   and use saved money   on your own needs. The website of Freshforex even has examples   of what you can buy with that money.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »
I have to laugh at the way this thread has been dormant for six whole years and now has had two posts this month.

By this time the original poster has either found his ideal broker, found another profession or found his final resting place.

But in case others are still looking for the perfect broker, don't waste your time. There aren't any. Some are better than others but you won't find these by trawling forums because you will always find someone wanting to trash a broker. Any broker will do.

Instead, open accounts with ten brokers, place a small deposit with each and run identical software at identical risk. When you have doubled your money with a broker. try to withdraw your winnings. If you succeed, put this broker on your "white list",  open another account with the same broker, deposit a larger amount and continue.

Brokers who do not enable you to double your money for any reason or brokers who will not allow withdrawals should go on your "black list". Put this down to experience.

Finally, don't share your experience with anyone who is not willing to pay for the information. Your trial will have cost you a lot of money and others will pay to find the truth.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 02:33:36 AM »
personally,
when I investigate a broker I read ALL the reviews I can find online.
And I take into account reviews from senior and well known members of forums, who I know arent shills.
Then, I contact the broker I might use, and actually get to know management via phone. If they want my money, we can get to know each other. If I am depositing a large amount, I will visit their office in person. In this process, if I get ANY unresolved red flags, I dont proceed.

http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline Sultan

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 01:09:28 PM »
A friendly advice: Avoid all CySEC regulated brokers! In Cyprus there is no real regulation. Your money is not safe there.

If the safety of your funds matters to you chose a well-regulated broker.
The quality of service should be checked by yourself, because different conditions required for different trading strategies, but the first priority should be the safety of funds.

I do not want to advertise any brokers, but I have been trading with Australian and New Zealand based ones and have not have any problems with them as for the deposits and withdrawals are concerned, despite that FSP regualtion is not very strict.

FCA regulated companies are also safe, because the regulation is strong and you will get your funds back sooner or later if the sh*t hit the fan.

Offline candlesurfer

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
Proper broker selection is critical to success in forex

I also prefer FCA(UK) regulated brokers - not perfect but at least it shows the broker is willing to put themselves under the microscope and the FCA here in the UK is generally pretty thorough..

Oh and pay close attention to a broker that states they are FCA regulated. Most people automatically assume that 'FCA regulated' is the same as is 'FCA(UK) regulated'.

It isn't!

There are several other countries also use the initials FCA so check, don't assume!

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »
I suggest contacting Forest Park FX and asking for Trent.
www.forestparkfx.com

They are the best IB around, and they will work with you to select the best broker for your needs and situation, and then provide excellent support above and beyond the broker itself - top notch.

http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline JulioPipo

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 09:14:48 PM »
You might also want to take a look at Vipro Markets (www.vipromarkets.com) and talk to Loukia at loukia@vipromarkets.com . She was very helpful today on the phone, helped me increase the Demo balance and talked about the company in general. This is a pure STP broker with friendly staff and very clean trading environment.

Offline PapiaKhatunAsha

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »
I really dont know how much I will be able to help you out, but I can suggest you the broker I am working with, it is Vinson Financials since they are well-established and organized company which is servicing clients worldwide since last 11 years and still going strong, so trading with such broker might not always be the greatest thing, but it is definitely the safest thing and this feeling of comfort and not having to face manipulation and all that, it is what has made me succeed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:25:51 PM by PapiaKhatunAsha »

Offline JulioPipo

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
Phil and Todd, do I understand correctly that OctaFX is registered on the island of St Vincent?

Octa Markets Incorporated, reg. no. 19776 IBC 2011. Registered address: Cedar Hill Crest, Villa, Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, VC0100

Where can we see their licence?

* Recent Posts

Re: FxMath Harmonic Patterns Signals By Email by FxMath
[Yesterday at 08:12:44 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by El_KaPpa
[Yesterday at 07:52:41 PM]

Re: Dux Forex by dutchie
[Yesterday at 07:49:50 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by 999cjb
[Yesterday at 06:00:36 PM]

Re: FOREX - An Easy Way To Lose Money by equityfx
[Yesterday at 03:50:39 PM]