collapse

Author Topic: Help me find a broker please  (Read 3966 times)

Offline corre971

Re: Help me find a broker please
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 11:35:57 PM »
Quote from: Phil Emery link=msg=353955 date=1460131085

Quote from: JulioPipo link=msg=353622 date=1459107240

Phil and Todd, do I understand correctly that OctaFX is registered on the island of St Vincent?

Octa Markets Incorporated, reg. no. 19776 IBC 2011. Registered address: Cedar Hill Crest, Villa, Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, VC0100

Where can we see their licence?

I believe you can already see it yourself, so whats the point of asking? Whats wrong with St Vincent regulation? Sorry mate, but please dont create your own judgments it makes absolutely no sense. Ive been working with OctaFX broker since past 3 years; I have not faced any issue at all, you got no point to talk about broker that youre not even aware of. You have right to share your views, but you DONT have right to accuse any broker without any logic!

Phil, are u aware that all your 35 posts are celebrating Octa FX?

Offline Sultan

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 08:21:23 AM »
Sorry to spit into your corn flakes Phil, but when it comes to choosing a broker the safety of funds comes first and everything else afterwards.

These days, when even so called "European" regulators are partnering with brokers with questionable reputation to steal hundreds of millions of $ from their clients (see IronFX's case) the best choice is to choose a broker with the strictest regulator possible.

Choosing an offshore broker means even a greater risk, then choosing a dodgy European one (like Cypriot brokers).
What can the clients do if the offshore broker decides to disappear with all they money or gets bankrupt? Where do the clients can go to get their money back?

FCA(UK) already earned its reputation. Let's see for example to case of Alpari UK. It had got bankrupt, but the the clients got their money back (or some cases are still in the process) or at least partially got compensated because the regulatory system works.

This is not the case with CySEC and other bucket shop organizations.

OctaFX might be a good broker, but they should move to a normal country, under a reputable regulatory body, in order to take them seriously.

Offline Armando

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 08:39:27 PM »
I have an account with CTOption and so far, Im happy. I havent notice any widening in spread or any other suspicious activities regarding to charting. Customer support is also good, always available to answer question when needed. But, you may also go for Goptions and IQ Options. these are most finest brokers right now. Read this review to know features of ctoptions broker.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
I was comparing spreads recently and OctaFX kept popping up at the top of the list for the best spreads.  It made me a little cautious as I'd never heard of them.  Good luck to you Phil if it's working well for you - hope it continues.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
Spread has been mentioned as one of the deciding factors in selecting a broker.

Attached is the SpreadWatch EA (and guide) which will allow you to monitor spreads and get a view across whatever time period you choose - e.g. if you want your Asian scalper EA to tear the market to shreds then you can first validate that the spreads of the chosen broker aren't going to trip it up.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
I've now uploaded the Spread Watch EA to the EA downloads section.  You can find it here :-

http://www.donnaforex.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2

Enjoy.

Offline parkerbonline

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »
If I was you, I'd open an account with a number of brokers with a low deposit and see how they all perform for you. I'm sure you could find a list of 5 from suggestions made below.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
Quote from: parkerbonline link=msg=356528 date=1468937356

If I was you, I'd open an account with a number of brokers with a low deposit and see how they all perform for you. I'm sure you could find a list of 5 from suggestions made below.

Yes that great advice and another useful trick is to check live broker spread comparisons like this https://www.hotforex.com/hf/en/trading-products/spread-graph.html

Offline Keen

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »
I think it is just a mere generalisation to discourage people from trading with CySEC-regulated brokers.  I trade with Vipro Markets, a relatively new forex broker with authorisation in 4 other jurisdictions. An ECN broker with solid financial standing. Leverage, spreads and commission fees are satisfactory but would expect bigger variety of trading instruments to be honest. As a trader i give much emphasis on safety first, and then come other things.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
Best way to choose your broker is to compare several different brokers (FCA, CySEC and offshore) to figure out which offers best trading conditions. If your deposit is less than 10K then trading with offshore is quite safe for example I keep 6K on Hotforex and I have been working for 3 years with them. But if you want even higher level of protection then trade with several brokers (split deposit between them) and place trades using master account and connecting other accounts to it for signal copy.
MT4 is very flexible and fast that's why its my preferable platform. But I also use Ninja Traders to trade on stocks.

Offline PapiaKhatunAsha

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 10:58:22 AM »
I will love to help you with suggesting the broker, but at the same time I will say always do your own homework and only then go ahead with any company. I am working with Manhattan Global Markets and its one of the best there is for multiple purposes, but the point to note is the model they work with which is STP, so basically in short they earn only when WE earn and they are not like other brokers packing us up with fake bonuses or such stuff instead they give us something thats serious including Trading Signals, its done by some highly recognized traders, therefore, its not just a trustworthy broker but ideal guidance for newbies.

Offline francmorio

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
Quote from: jamesfrance link=msg=19936 date=1256547984

Hi All,

After demoing FXCBS for several months ,I have had no issues and have been very please with EA performance with them.
However I have read several negative comments relating to fund withdrawal issues and a few relating to live performance issues,so I am looking for alternatives but it's not easy,I have spent over a week searching but every time I think I have found the "one" I find negative comments relating to that broker.
So here are my requirements;

NO dealing desk ( a must)
STP
ECN ( not essential if confirmed no dealing desk/STP)
Minimum opening balance 5k or lower.
Regulated
Hedging allowed
Scalping allowed
EA's allowed
Segregated or protected funds

Please make some suggestions if you have been using a live broker that meets that criteria above.(I'm banging my head against the wall searching at the moment)
Thanks for any help.

I must confess, its the very first time I am hearing about FXCBS. Is this a new broker? what are their spreads are they regulated?  and what about their reviews, where can I find their reviews? thanks

Offline ichamp

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
Quote from: drunkfx link=msg=358238 date=1476542498

MT4 is very flexible and fast that's why its my preferable platform. But I also use Ninja Traders to trade on stocks.

I also prefer trading through MT4, maybe because of its ease to use or due to the reason that i started trading through this platform.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
Is it good to use fixed spread account for news trading? I want to try Hotforex fixed spreads but want to know are there any pitfalls?

Offline hardforex

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 08:42:17 AM »
I recommend you LMFX, a good broker I am trading with but the broker you mentioned is also good.