collapse

Author Topic: Looking for a broker  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Eightbitpwny

Looking for a broker
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »
I am searching for a reliable and good broker for dealing with high investments (200-300k to begin with), I read that its not possible or reliable to trade big lot sizes on certain brokers. Or that other brokers would be really nice but require a big initial deposit/investment.

As I am planning to invest big and trade large lots I would be greatful for some input on how to chose a broker, or weather to split the investment among 3-4 brokers, and if so which should I chose?

Thank you for your help

Offline jeuro

Re: Looking for a broker
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Dukascopy Bank is probably your best choice.

J. 

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
Wrong audience. most here are trading with some 10-50k max.
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline compujock

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »
I am searching for a reliable and good broker for dealing with high investments (200-300k to begin with), I read that its not possible or reliable to trade big lot sizes on certain brokers. Or that other brokers would be really nice but require a big initial deposit/investment.

As I am planning to invest big and trade large lots I would be greatful for some input on how to chose a broker, or weather to split the investment among 3-4 brokers, and if so which should I chose?

Thank you for your help
I would recommend Global Prime.  Very honest broker and will provide you with trade receipts any time you ask.  They can and will provide you with a completely customized feed if you're trading very big lots.  They did this for Geektrader who runs a MAM. Just ask him.  He was executing very large trades with little slippage.  I know because I'm in the MAM and saw the trade size and slippage.
Demo Test of Serial Scalper 2.0 manual strategy from fxquickroute:

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »
who knows what "very big lot's" from Geektrader are? We talk about 200lots/trade. maybe it helps
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline Viktory

• VIP
  • Find your way and focus...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:32:05 AM »
I can also confirm Global Prime as being one of the best brokers (if not the best) currently available for retail traders. Because of their technology, excellent relationship with Liquidity Providers and superb/personalized customer service.

who knows what "very big lot's" from Geektrader are? We talk about 200lots/trade. maybe it helps
Everyone with real interest and knowing how to use the search function of any forum, would lead to the corresponding post inside Global Prime's thread.

Offline compujock

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 03:28:47 AM »
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  :-)   Yes, it was actually over 200 lots.  I remember one trade specifically being at 222 lots with only -0.3 pip slippage!  Another one was 236 lots with -0.4 slip on open and +0.2 on close!  So there can even be positive slippage at those large lot sizes at Global Prime.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:48:05 AM by compujock »
Demo Test of Serial Scalper 2.0 manual strategy from fxquickroute:

Offline bintsk

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »
I'd suggest you to go to this site: http://www.nasdaq.com/investing/forex/forex-brokers.aspx
IMO, the brokers are reliable and have good customer service. A friend of mine used to use this site. It's really good. happy trading
 :)

Offline Aries

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
I agree with jeuro Dukascopy Bank is a good one , specially with big funds .

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »
SynergyFX.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline jshear

• Elite
  • I EAT PIPS
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »
I personally like:

ATC Brokers
LMAX
AXI
Global Prime
IC Markets

For me all these brokers have been great!!

Cheers

Jeff

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 02:10:02 AM »
I use CitiFX. The spreads are average 1.2 pips in the Asian session. Also the account is FDIC insured free of charge because it's a bank. My IB is Back Bay FX and they also are a really big help. My execution is superior.

Offline Highlander

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 03:45:36 AM »
 JFD Brokers?

Offline J16

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »
ICM or Axi trader

Offline jeuro

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
I use CitiFX. The spreads are average 1.2 pips in the Asian session. Also the account is FDIC insured free of charge because it's a bank. My IB is Back Bay FX and they also are a really big help. My execution is superior.

Need to re-ck Big Steve.
The FDIC in USA does not extend the insurance protection for forex trading nor deposits for forex trading.

That is why  better for anyone to use European Brokers if possible.
Swiss, UK and the majority of European Union Countries.

J.