collapse

Author Topic: Looking for a broker  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Forexbkk

• NA
Re: Looking for a broker
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
I use CitiFX. The spreads are average 1.2 pips in the Asian session. Also the account is FDIC insured free of charge because it's a bank. My IB is Back Bay FX and they also are a really big help. My execution is superior.

Bigsteve how did you hear of and become involved with Back Bay FX? is it an advantage to use them than go direct with the broker?
INCLUDING OFF SITE LINKS IN MY SIGNATURE LEADS TO MODERATION

Offline indicator

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 05:50:34 AM »
Looking for broker is the 2nd most difficult thing in forex market after learning and mastering the art of forex trading. The best method for this is to ask your friends that are already trading in any broker and are fully satisfied with it.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
reagrding brokers, everyone the past week or so has been SCREAMING for a "Hybrid" model account type - well, huge news from Synergy FX http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13805.0
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline trevor.1975

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
That Hybrid Model literally makes no sense.  You are either running their so called "Agency Desk" or managing the risk in house.  Which is fine, as long as you don't manipulate prices and execution, there's nothing wrong with it.  Just be transparent, why make up these ridiculous phrases?

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »
very simple: its what traders demand. That phrase is even in mainstream media lately because of the SNB thing.
What a "Hybrid" is, of course, is a b-book model from a broker that you can actually trust, because their existing business is built around an Agency Model brokerage, and transparency, honesty, and integrity are paramount. They manage some risk for clients and yet you can trust them to do so. Thats what makes it a good product, actually.

Offline Kristofer

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »
If anyone wants to trade with scalping, then Fresh provides ECN-account, which has the fastest execution. Spread is from 0 points and virtually no re-quotes. This is the best choice for scalping. I would advise to take EUR / NZD for this strategy. This pair has a good volatility.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 05:23:23 PM »
I have found a general rule to be true that the more generous the "bonus money" offers are from a broker, the more likely they are going to try and cheat you somehow in the long run.

Offline JohnB

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 12:18:27 PM »
Quote from: odysseus11 link=msg=342137 date=1435335803

I have found a general rule to be true that the more generous the "bonus money" offers are from a broker, the more likely they are going to try and cheat you somehow in the long run.

True. I also never accept any bonus no matter what.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »
Quote from: Eightbitpwny link=msg=317732 date=1407277407

I am searching for a reliable and good broker for dealing with high investments (200-300k to begin with), I read that its not possible or reliable to trade big lot sizes on certain brokers. Or that other brokers would be really nice but require a big initial deposit/investment.

As I am planning to invest big and trade large lots I would be greatful for some input on how to chose a broker, or weather to split the investment among 3-4 brokers, and if so which should I chose?

Thank you for your help

I think you need to check prime broker, this forum is devoted to discussion of retail ones.
But among retail brokers I can suggest Hotforex VIP account with lowered spreads (and probably better STP execution). Check the terms of the account on their website.

Offline jamesaa

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
Ive been using fxpro for a couple of years they have the lowest spreads and also the best all round investing platform.
Get a demo account at one of the fx brokers online then use this free indicator here; http://goo.gl/YZsYmA . It has up sells but it will help. All the best

Offline dftrader

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 06:18:13 PM »
You can follow this link to check my broker offering spreads, I don't trade gold but 40 is really competitive.
https://www.vinsonfinancials.com/landing/spreads.php

Offline Kristofer

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
 One of the important points when you are choosing a broker, is its reliability. And how to define this? First of all, look at  broker's record on the market. If, for example,  Freshforex has been 11 years on the market,  the company can be trusted, it is stable and proven - both against the crisis and currency swings, which had been witnessed over the last two years.

Offline equityfx

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
Yes one should choose a regulated and reliable broker. First check their services and conditions on demo , you will know how real trading will treated. Broker should be safe ans secure so that your amount not go waste.

Offline hybrid

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
Yes regulated broker should be the first need of any trader .His broker should fair with him . I  must say you should test their demo accounts to understand how you will be treated in real trading . that is an easy way before start live trading one should be aware of their trading terminal.   

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 12:43:41 AM »
Hey guys anybody trade with Hotforex? Can you give a feedback on their new loyalty program? Thanks.