collapse

Author Topic: Positive Thoughts about Indicators  (Read 2031 times)

Offline mazad4

Positive Thoughts about Indicators
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Just wondering what you guys can tell me about indicators. I've been using Pure Price Action for the past year or so and it's been wonderful, but what makes indicators useful? I never really grasped the use of them because I prefer simplicity over a messy chart.

Anyways, thoughts?

Offline drunkfx

Re: Positive Thoughts about Indicators
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »
Every piece of algorithmic software know as indicators, robots, EA is designated for introduce the feature of automation in your trading. For example you can find in my Hotforex terminal a host of indicators, oscillators which are in combination give a go to my trades. Some indi's look for a pattern and enter when they catch situation, others use divergence principle - when price has profound deviation from its normal flow can be considered as signal for entry (as price is characterized with wave movement and deep deviation is the highest or lowest point of waves). You may go without indicators and use price action technique but no trader is wise at all times..

Offline joshua minaya

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:59:23 AM »
personally i belive that the best form of indicators should be the leading indicator.To me i believe the leading indicators are far better than the lagging indicators.A good example are indicators that show divergence to price eg stochastics, MACD etc

Offline hybrid

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »
Positively if we do regular work with indicator can easily know their reading and reliability . One time usage can not make right decision. I find some good indicators that help me a lot in trading.

Offline fxman

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
Ok, I know there are many indicators useless. But I will not say indicators are useless. I think all the popular indicators given in mt4 as built in are good. So matter is if that suits with one's strategies and the man with golden gun is skilled enough or not.

Offline maklrory28

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »
I use moving averages and pivots in my trading with some kind of success. Everything depends from your skills, experience and market vision. 

Offline Earleone

• No pain, no gain
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 12:56:38 PM »
I also always has an eye on different indicators. I use different methods for entering and exit positions and mostly I have some indicators involved. Love the macd for longer term positions even if it is lagging. But for divergence it is easy to read in true time. Also RSI is an favourite and also the standard MA 20 / 50 / 100 / 200 I find useful.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »
Quote from: mazad4 link=msg=318727 date=1408462099

Just wondering what you guys can tell me about indicators. I've been using Pure Price Action for the past year or so and it's been wonderful, but what makes indicators useful? I never really grasped the use of them because I prefer simplicity over a messy chart.

Anyways, thoughts?

Indicators are price derivatives, as the only data that comes in platform is price. Most of them I consider useless not because they don't have some ground principle but because it's not clear how this "basis principle" correlate with market behavior :) .
Maybe they need more rigorous study to understand how they work but for now I prefer to bank on old and kind price action. Moreover I got some fresh ideas after Hotforex webinar about price action strategies so eager up to implement them in trading.

Offline Kristofer

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 09:28:08 PM »
The most successful companies have   statistical accounting of all, what they are doing from the conversion rate to the average sales volume of US dollar or  number ofwebsite visitors. Company  do so, to be   aware of how efficiently they're working. Also, before you improve your performance, you need to know its main figures. So I think  traders also can check and watch their performance.

Offline Profitable Trading

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
If you using Price Action successfully, there is no need to find out any indicators. Follow what you do, and dont waste time finding indicator combination which give high probability trades.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 04:26:38 PM »
Indicators are great if they are understood to be what they are.

They take an input, slice and dice it, and present it in a different (usually graphic) way, to make it easier for a chart trader to make visual judgement about price movement. They dont tell you what WILL happen next (because they have no idea), and they are lagging because they NEED the price history before deciding how to interpret it and produce an output. In MT4 the only inputs available are price@time (and ticks). Therefore, this is the only output you can get, and it is lagging. Regardless of what indicator sellers want you to believe.

So if an indicator helps to identify a price sloping upwards (many moving averages) or a price that has moved a significant way in one direction (many oscillators), then to that extent they can be helpful. But you have to remember they lag price, and they cant predict ANYTHING about future movement.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline Eiur Gujohnsen

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
I used to trade witouth indicators but now i'm using a new one.. And i'm happy about it

Offline aicohn

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 01:42:51 PM »
I have been trading 6 years and have tried just about every indicator, ea, or strategy known to man, with amazingly little success until very recently.  I haven't found an indicator yet I can take home with me, cook, and eat, except for one.

The most important indicator of all is price.