collapse

Author Topic: TICKMILL - replacing Armada with FSA Seychelles regulation  (Read 66079 times)

Offline Whaley

Re: TICKMILL - replacing Armada with FSA Seychelles regulation
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
I like this "rodneyp" guy.

The guy works even during Christmas to through shit at Tickmill. Tickmill/Armada must have taken a lot of clients from your pay daddy to become so desperate.

There is not a single broker/bank as large or bigger as Armada that hasn't had worries with regulators. The good thing is that Armada actually did something about this to rectify matters.

All said, I will look forward to the launch of Tickmill on January 1st, 2015.

Offline Changleitrade

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »
Markets are closed on January 1st. So it all begins on January 2.

Offline Efx123

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
Let's try to keep this thread professional. Tickmill is authorized and regulated by the FSA of Seychelles. If they continue to provide as good service as Armada then I will remain a client for years to come. I believe that Jon is right as this is just the first step towards an even better future. Fingers crossed and best of luck.

I agree as this thread is about Tickmill. Looking forward to trading DAX30 with Tickmill. Hopefully commissions will be as low as FX and tight spreads.

Offline jeuro

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
Hey Rodney.
and Marry Christmas o to all.

I am amazed how much going out of your way attempting  to bash Armada calling them clowns, doggie etc.

I don't understand it. You seem to be a knowledgeable guy and probably know  they are one of the best business models start ups in forex of the past 5 years. 

So... what is you are not telling us?

( and just in case ..NO.. I do work for them nor have any affiliation other then Residing in the same city,    drive by their  offices every day and have visited  them a couple times ).

Talk about "misleading" ..uffff..  your statements are full of it.

1, According to the link "you" provided , the issue is nothing more then the regular CME crap that happens probably to any "Commodity Trader" in their life time. In fact, they have never hide they come from the Commodity trading world before starting the forex business.  Is like saying that I was "convicted" when back then I was banned from trading in a small market making account at FXCM (making 6k profits)  for using a well know EA that came on the market that took advantage of the MM models :) :)   20 days ban from trading.. wow, how terrible ;D

2. "Warning received" ??? Come on... You well know all those "warnings" that regulators issue (to the public, not to them) are very much standard for all companies that have choose not to fall under regulation. And also probably know that is not  mandatory in the EU.  (providing, according to MIdFid ,  that keep clients funds segregated and hedge 100% of orders) . Warning is not due to doing something unlawful, it is just saying they are not.  Obviously, most people and  traders do not understand that trading currencies is NOT regulated because "money" is not considered a "financial instrument" and if a company does not "hold" orders for money exchange, does not need regulation.  But companies that provide exchange services need to comply with others things when they held  client money in deposits. Which is the case of Armada

3. "Banned from Poland" ?? ... another misleading. Same issue of  warning to Public.  Most is scare tactics. Obviously no government likes to see funds flying out and deposited in other countries or jurisdiction. The American are leading in this crap.   Bullying all countries to NOT accept USA citizens. What a BS.. but digressing

4. I just don't see it. Am I the only one that knows that FSA is not an UK  regulatory organization??

So, the question is .. what is in it for you Rodney, and from who? . Evident that is not to point "true Facts"

J.   

PS
Unluckily, I know all this crap because I use to be in the inside for a short while. I know how jealous some could
become when they do well and take business away from them . In a way, placing all clients under regulation (anywhere) and Armada not having any, being only the LP, provides a good legal safe-harbor for the whole operation.  That is good by itself considering their volume is not just spare change. 

I moved from the USA to reside in the EU mainly because I saw the  the writing on the wall from Wall Street pressuring authorities to cut retail forex out. (Even like this I have to jump hoops to trade with EU Banks and Brokers). It seems same started  happening here in the EU. The Swiss gave up to American pressure ( by making that only Banks can provide forex), Spain call "money" a financial instrument  :). Poland place restriction in their own traders... and goes on...

Finland and Estonia, did stand out a bit from the other countries in defending a non-regulated money exchange.  Is the way it should be. The moment this change, is all over for us small traders.    I have not  read MidFid-2  2014/65/EU. yet. I hope nothing there that would infringed our right to exchange money freely in the EU.     

Offline nck

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »
one thing that worried me before that move was their vulnerabily to putin bullying the entire region,now i feel more confident,

i moved to ic market because of that but will keep my acc open with them and see what is next

Offline Whaley

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 07:09:52 PM »
Estonia has 294 kilometres long border with Russia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia%E2%80%93Russia_border) which means that Armada's decision to leave Estonia might have also strategically motivated reasons. Maybe the guys know something we don't.

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
one thing that worried me before that move was their vulnerabily to putin bullying the entire region
the only country bullying the entire world is the USA. All others react.
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline geektrader

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22:50 AM »

The guy works even during Christmas to through shit at Tickmill. Tickmill/Armada must have taken a lot of clients from your pay daddy to become so desperate.

There is not a single broker/bank as large or bigger as Armada that hasn't had worries with regulators. The good thing is that Armada actually did something about this to rectify matters.

"rodneyp" bashes EVERY other broker (and extremely, with spreading rumours he cant back up at all) if you look at all his posts, except for IC Markets. Tells you something most likely?:)

Offline hashim

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 08:57:03 AM »
Just got an email from them with notification about change on Tickmill. Well I've expected that upshot true quality broker makes a jump to a higher, institutional level of service to run more serious business. Usually when it happens a broker completely turns down retail services, but luckily AM left a facility for us. Even it is named Tickmill and moved to Seychelles I suppose it still inherits impeccable AM reputation (of course based on my experience with them). The change in regulations I assume is stipulated by tax issue, doing financial business in EZ with their predatory taxation system becomes quite expensive (guess, this recently introduced tax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_financial_transaction_tax played its role).
Basically I see no difference between regulation jurisdictions, if company managed to overcome the temptation of dropping down to a scam outfit and began to play fair, then there is nothing to worry about.  They only thing I'm concerned about is liquidity but as technically there won't be any chops, for me, this Tickmill change is of the same importance as for example they've introduced new bonus for clients :)

Offline rodneyp

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »

"rodneyp" bashes EVERY other broker (and extremely, with spreading rumours he cant back up at all) if you look at all his posts, except for IC Markets. Tells you something most likely?:)

Oh ill "bash" them all Geektrader if they are not honest, no exceptions..... dont worry about that !!

I have been in the markets for over 30 years and can spot a flea from a mile away Geektrader.

Its all about disclosure and honesty in case you havent realised.

On top of that please tell me what i can not back up, I would love to hear your feedback.. Everything i say is spot on until proven otherwise.

If you are NOT scared of reality why don't you PM with your phone number so i can tell u how it is, you might just learn something from me.

Welcome to the premier league Geektrader.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:55:51 AM by rodneyp »

Offline Efx123

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »
Just got an email from them with notification about change on Tickmill. Well I've expected that upshot true quality broker makes a jump to a higher, institutional level of service to run more serious business. Usually when it happens a broker completely turns down retail services, but luckily AM left a facility for us. Even it is named Tickmill and moved to Seychelles I suppose it still inherits impeccable AM reputation (of course based on my experience with them). The change in regulations I assume is stipulated by tax issue, doing financial business in EZ with their predatory taxation system becomes quite expensive (guess, this recently introduced tax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_financial_transaction_tax played its role).
Basically I see no difference between regulation jurisdictions, if company managed to overcome the temptation of dropping down to a scam outfit and began to play fair, then there is nothing to worry about.  They only thing I'm concerned about is liquidity but as technically there won't be any chops, for me, this Tickmill change is of the same importance as for example they've introduced new bonus for clients :)

Yes, financial transaction tax is coming. Half of the European brokers will be gone by then.

Offline Purri

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
Dodgy owners move their stuff to a dodgy island. Good luck to everyone who still has money there.

Offline bradleyfx

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
Looking how things are evolving in Greece and other parts of Europe then a broker outside of Europe might be just what the doctor ordered.If Greece goes under then I don't want to know what happens to Cyprus again. And all these Cypriot brokers.

Tickmill is now also on Myfxbook http://www.myfxbook.com/reviews/brokers/tickmill/875542,1

I hope they add LMAX liquidity among others. I see that Trop-X has also FX pairs listed. Would be ideal combination.

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
100% hedging guarantee! Interesting ist that also the LP is hedging back every trade.

When the Client enters into a Contract Option with Tickmill Ltd, Tickmill Ltd will act as counterparty to the Client. Tickmill Ltd will enter into a contract with a Counterparty which is identical in all respects to the contract between Tickmill Ltd and the Client. The Counterparty will in turn enter into a contract on the relevant exchange (unless Market Rules requires the Counterparty to act as Tickmill Ltd's agent in which case Tickmill Ltd will enter into a contract on the exchange). The Client is contracting with Tickmill Ltd and has no right of recourse against Tickmill Ltd's Counterparties or any right over contracts between Tickmill Ltd and its Counterparties.
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline nck

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
one thing that worried me before that move was their vulnerabily to putin bullying the entire region
the only country bullying the entire world is the USA. All others react.

dont't agree