collapse

Author Topic: RayBot  (Read 28534 times)

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
Re: RayBot
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 01:23:20 AM »
My Friday RayBot trade closed at ICMarkets

EU - None
UCAD - 45.3 50.3
AU - 34.4

Offline Byte

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »
On ThinkForex I had:
- EURUSD +39.0
- AUDUSD +34.0
- USDCAD +45.4, -36.9, -35.1

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »
last week was super good  :)   raybot booked over +475 pips in just a week...  8) 
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline mike4x

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:00 PM »
Which currency pair has been working best over the last couple of months?

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 05:28:14 PM »
Quote from: mike4x link=msg=353337 date=1457971980

Which currency pair has been working best over the last couple of months?

EU 550 pips
UCad  250 pips
AU 160 pips

so easily its EU which has been the star..... but what i loved was the way the 3 pairs complimented each other... when one was losing one or two pairs were gaining.

I am sure phibase has hit the mark this time... they have been attempting to make a strategy like this for long and this time looks like jackpot (here is to hoping  ;) )
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline mike4x

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »
Thanks Mike.
So do you recommend running all 3 pairs or just choosing EU and increase the lot size?

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 02:15:21 AM »
I run all 3 pairs....   the backtests is good on all of these three... of course EU is best even in backtest. remember that this has a success rate of only about 50%.... the larger winners is what is making this gain well.... I have seen 4 large winners above 100 pips on UCad, 1 on AU and 1 on EU...... EU has been having higher win rate of 65% now... but you should expect it to have only about 55% as per backtest. 

running one pair like EU with higher risk may not be good.... if it has a losing streak, then trading confidently at the same risk becomes difficult... 

phibase made a portfolio of the 3 pairs....  check out the image i attached from phibase website

clearly shows running all 3 pairs will be perfectly ok. and all three pairs are not correlated... good to diversify.  drawdown also is lower at the risk that vendor is recommending.

With cabex the sailing is very very smooth....  raybot is proving to be as easy to trade..... i would recommend trading as recommended by vendor....

I do not increase risk, but increase capital allocated for a ea based on my confidence level on the strategy..... I am however running cabex at risk 10.... it is pretty high... but the dd seen was very low at vendor's default risk level.... this higher risk and allocation of more capital to cabex has paid off very well for me in last two years. Ofcourse off on a great start for this year .... TOUCHWOOD  :D

Offline rocky_ray

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 03:40:57 AM »
any standard broker that you guys are running this robot on??

Offline alasdeaguila

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
Not Verified account  ::)

Offline Forex Verified

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 02:21:52 PM »
Quote from: alasdeaguila link=msg=353366 date=1458039491

It doesn't matter. The EA so far works nicely.
If it's not verified, don't buy it - www.forexverified.com

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »
Quote from: rocky_ray date=1458013257 link=msg=353358

any standard broker that you guys are running this robot on??

Attached the results so far on my FXPro UK account with Raybot. No manual intervention. Default settings.

br
Mark

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:50:44 PM by Tradenow »

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 02:52:38 PM »
Quote from: alasdeaguila link=msg=353366 date=1458039491

not usre what exactly you mean by verified ....myfxbook?  anyway, i use the following myfxbook reference for my trades....  it is being run on IC markets... same as mine  8)

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/raybot/1501113

the trades match almost exactly..... it just about 6 weeks now.... i will keep tracking trades on a daily basis for another 10 weeks and then relax a bit.

[member=30671]Tradenow[/member]....   good results, but just a bit confused. I have of 993 pips on ICM and gain of 29%.   Compared to your gain of 26% on just 714 pips..... are you using default risk 7 or is it higher..... I am considering increasing risk to 10, just want to wait for a couple more weeks before doing that  :o

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
Quote from: mikepipmaker date=1458053558 link=msg=353377

[member=30671]Tradenow[/member]....   good results, but just a bit confused. I have of 993 pips on ICM and gain of 29%.   Compared to your gain of 26% on just 714 pips..... are you using default risk 7 or is it higher..... I am considering increasing risk to 10, just want to wait for a couple more weeks before doing that  :o

Yes i am running default risk. I will never understand how myfxbook is calculating. I am waiting until i will increase my funds. Not the risk  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:24:12 PM by Tradenow »

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 04:12:26 AM »
Interesting week actually..... Fed made the prices swing.... i was particularly interested in seeing how raybot was going to handle the volatility.

It made some great EU gains, but UCas was getting hit. EU and AU gained +320 pips... UCad was getting into a hopeless long after each sl.... it lost all 7 trades it made this week losing -260 pips.... but net raybot still managed to raise the equity by about 2%  8)    it was a sad to see gains from EU and AU being given back by Ucad, but ucad had a good run and it was making some real good wins... so it had some hits... all in a days work of a trader  ;D

i understand phibase will be providing an update to prevent immediate reentry after a sl hit... but I have seen such reentries make over 100 pip gains on the very same pair... but maybe the ea can wait a bit before getting in after a sl is hit.... the sl size is so small even a vibration from a truck passing by will be enough to hit it..... the good thing is the sl is small and painless when it hits. and recover is so fast.  this is a huge difference from ray scalper..... ray scalper would make 5 or 6 great 20 pip or 30 pips winners and one or two sl of 100 or 120 pips would destroy everything.... we would need to wait for ages for it to get back up again. ray scalper is great when it makes the 20 or 25 straight gains...... it looks invincible.... but at other times the risk reward simply does not let it get up so easily.....  BTW its been doing well these past few weeks.... but i think I will allocate more capital for ray bot and reduce ray scalper's share.....

cabex is doing well... recovered most part of this months losses... so march looks set to be a good month. 

raybot cabex as a team rocks  8) 

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
Quote from: mikepipmaker date=1458274346 link=msg=353430

Interesting week actually..... Fed made the prices swing.... i was particularly interested in seeing how raybot was going to handle the volatility.

It made some great EU gains, but UCas was getting hit. EU and AU gained +320 pips... UCad was getting into a hopeless long after each sl.... it lost all 7 trades it made this week losing -260 pips.... but net raybot still managed to raise the equity by about 2%  8)    it was a sad to see gains from EU and AU being given back by Ucad, but ucad had a good run and it was making some real good wins... so it had some hits... all in a days work of a trader  ;D

cabex is doing well... recovered most part of this months losses... so march looks set to be a good month.  

raybot cabex as a team rocks  8)  

Hi Mike,

seems to be that a low spread broker like icm isnt the best choice for raybot? If i do the math correct you have +60 pips for the whole week?

Attached my results so far this week so you can take a look at the trades on the three pairs.

Cabex and raybot are a great combo and i dont run any other robots right now. Cabex has a long open with floating +240 pips atm.
Very steady and good results.

have a nice weekend
Mark