collapse

Author Topic: RayBot  (Read 28535 times)

Offline corre971

Re: RayBot
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »
Cabex and Raybot are showing to be a perfect combination. Up to now i have runned both on 2 Activtrades accounts. Yesterday i have stopped to trade one of these Activtrades accounts since i have reached my goal of 140% gain  ;D  ;D  and switched so 1 license of Cabex and Raybot on my Ic Markets account. My demo at Ic Markets is achieving some incredibly results but probably because is a demo. Now will see if on the real account i can achieve similar results.
Up to now runned onlu eurusd on Raybot but probably on Ic Markets will run also uc and au
As for the broker discussion i have spent last 2 years testing  not only eas but also brokers and every month open a new account using my rebates. I can say that every Ea has a best performer broker.
If u want to test the quality of a broker u have to use aggresive scalpers and from my tests better feeds are in order
Pepperstone
Fxcc xl ecn
Tickmill (only for eurusd, for other pairs sucks)
Ic markets
Activtrades despite higher spreads is the best to scalp gbpusd
Anyway everyone has its weakness, for example AU brokers slips a lot on pending orders on gbpusd, but with market orders are excellent (overall Pepperstone is much better than Ic Markets)
Soon will test Fx open ecn and some other
Best broker to earn rebates is Hotforex on which i am earning around 30% monthly  ;) (of course with a crazy risk)

P.S. i am happy that the old community resterted to post in donnaforex and hope that also other members will join us

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
Quote from: corre971 link=msg=353447 date=1458373958

P.S. i am happy that the old community resterted to post in donnaforex and hope that also other members will join us

Some of us never stopped  :)

Offline mike4x

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
I just bought the Raybot and Cabex combo package  :)
How do you guys recommend splitting the lotsize between the 4 pairs?
Straight 25% each or maybe 50% on Cabex and 50% shared between the 3 Raybot pairs?
Thanks.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »
Quote from: mike4x link=msg=353454 date=1458402452

I just bought the Raybot and Cabex combo package  :)
How do you guys recommend splitting the lotsize between the 4 pairs?
Straight 25% each or maybe 50% on Cabex and 50% shared between the 3 Raybot pairs?
Thanks.

welcome aboard, Mate... wishing you happy and smooth sailing  ;D

if you are running both ea's on one small test account then i think running both ea's with default risk makes perfect sense.

if the account is bigger and 10% loss would make your sweat a bit, then i would advice you to allocate 60% to cabex and 40% to raybot to start with.

if you have more funds spread across brokers (as is the case with me), then I would suggest 75% allocation to cabex. 25% to raybot and increase it gradually until you become fully confident on its style and have seen both losing and winning periods. i have no hesitation in recommending cabex to be allocated all fnds because i have seen it work for 3 years and its rock solid. you dont have to have any worries on this.

raybot is a new child.... we still dont know how it does during bad times..... it got great start and first two months brought in >25% gains so far.... but to really like and trust a ea we should see how it does during losing period and subsequent recover - Judge the EA from the amount of stress or heart ache it gives during losing periods.  and there is nothing like running it on real money..... just watching it win or lose on demo wont produce the same level of biological effect on our brain.... even if the account is small, it it is real the brain perception is totally different.

I always run a visual backtest for atleast 3 months.... to see what to expect when trading.... the vendor has started posting trading videos (i had made this suggestion  :) ), so you dont even have to make the test.... go through the video and see the EA win and lose...once we know what to expect, it becomes so much more easier to run the ea.

Good luck!
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 03:38:58 AM »
Quote from: Tradenow link=msg=353443 date=1458326061

Hi Mike,

seems to be that a low spread broker like icm isnt the best choice for raybot? If i do the math correct you have +60 pips for the whole week?

Attached my results so far this week so you can take a look at the trades on the three pairs.

Cabex and raybot are a great combo and i dont run any other robots right now. Cabex has a long open with floating +240 pips atm.
Very steady and good results.

have a nice weekend
Mark

yes, Mark, last week's gain was only +60 pips on ICM..... MBT has two trades less so it had +123 pips.

The combination had been great and off to a flying start for 2016  8)
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline corre971

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 11:04:23 AM »
As for the money managment most depends from the size of the 2 accounts u will run Cabex and Raybot. If the accounts are not big (or anyway not so relevant considering your total trading capital) default for both is more than OK. If the accounts have a balance relevant for you i suggest to run Cabex at risk 5 or slightly lower on the full balance: it has showed to be a very solid strategy, but at risk 6 Bts shows a DD of 40%. As for Raybot i would go not higher than risk 5 on eurusd and risk 4 on usdcad and audusd. Anyway u should have your own money managment plan in your mind, since is the most important aspect to be profitable. I always have some free funds to be injected on my accounts (also on my bigger one) if a larger than usual DD appear (of course i also make some evaluations if is needed to adjust the risk for some eas, if to exclude some other or if t add new ones)

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
RayBOT Tick Data Backtest Vs Real Trading Comparison Report (1st Feb 2016 to 18th March 2016)

The tick data strategy tests have been uploaded to MyFxBook for easier analysis and comparison:

http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/raybot-eurusd/96720
http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/raybot-audusd/96717
http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/raybot-usdcad/96721

Backtests results are seen to match trades on real account very closely. This can be considered as a method to validate the longer period strategy tests of RayBOT.

Phibase will continue these comparative studies for another 3 months. This will also enable us to fine tune the strategy and make improvements where required.

No parameter adjustments or optimization was seen necessary since going live on 1st February.

EURUSD has been the best performing pair so far gaining about +630 pips.

AUDUSD has been performing well with gains of about +290 pips

USDCAD is going through a flat period and has not contributed much to the RayBOT equity curve.

EURUSD, AUDUSD and USDCAD are non-correlated or negatively on higher time frames. This provides a good diversification and is successful in avoiding drawdowns of longer periods. Losing periods can never be avoided, however, the diversified trading strategy helps reduce extent and duration of drawdowns.  The positive risk:reward of this system ensures very quicker recovery.

RayBOT is designed to calculate lot size so that the equity gain/loss per pip is similar across the 3 pairs. Depending on the pair, the lot size may vary. Typically under current conditions, USDCAD lot size is larger when compared to EURUSD or AUDUSD. This is normal.

Some members experience trades not matching up with reference account. The most common cause for this has been missing history files. The following is an extract from the RayBot User manual:

RayBOT utilizes values from M15 and H1 indicators that enable the EA to find the overall market trend and price action. Make sure your MT4 platform has a M15 and H1 historical bars for at least 3 days. You can do this by loading a chart and changing its timeframe to M15. Switch off the Auto-Scroll option on your MT4 terminal. Scroll the screen back by about a week. You can now change the timeframe to H1 - scroll back for a few days. Please make sure you select the M15 time frame for attaching the EA.

The MT4 creates the required HST files when you scroll the screen back by about a week for M15 and H1.  This is usually only required when a new MT4 is used. The M15 and H1 HST files provides the EA with look back data.

All the charts must be set to M15 time frame before attaching the EA.

Please feel free to contact us for any additional information (Email :  support [at] phibase [dot] com)

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »
Good to see those trades matching up pretty well with the backtest.... Good to know the backtests are good  8)

Its been rather quite week so far... but very much expected after the two great weeks of gains.  7 trades -60 pips........ 2 open now..... no direction so far may end up to be a dull week. Looks like we may be going into Easter holiday mode a bit too quickly. I will be happy if it manages to finish the week flat.... Brokers holiday warnings started to come in, but i am keen on letting all my EAs run - as usual  ??? 

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:44 AM »
Quote from: mikepipmaker link=msg=353463 date=1458445138

Hi Mike,

seems to be that a low spread broker like icm isnt the best choice for raybot? If i do the math correct you have +60 pips for the whole week?

Attached my results so far this week so you can take a look at the trades on the three pairs.

Cabex and raybot are a great combo and i dont run any other robots right now. Cabex has a long open with floating +240 pips atm.
Very steady and good results.

have a nice weekend
Mark

ICM =  -64 pips (22 trades vs 18 trades on forexgermany's ICM account - not sure why). No open trades.

MBT = -220 pips (20 trades..... had one extra SL hit + missed some trades that won on ICM). But this account has 2 trades open floating with about +25 pips. 

[member=30671]Tradenow[/member] : Hi Mark, How did this week go on FXPRO.... Last week my ICM gained less than FXPRO and even MBT.... just wondering if FXPRO did similar to my MBT acc. 

I am actually happy to see the losing period this week.... after 2 or 3 weeks of gains I knew the drop was coming.. I always pay more attention to the eas trading during losing periods..... it handled the holiday session well... good. It was trying to sell into or buy into USDCAD trying to catch reversal.... but was getting hit. I see that it stopped doing that after couple of days and seems to have adjusted now :D  It was good to see the week close with some winners. 

over all EU and AU have been doing well since start. UCad just managed to give up all gains and slightly in negative... checked with phibase about it and they said it was just having a rough patch and normal. Nothing to worr or no need to change params.

Email response from phibase to my query on USDCAD's losing streak...

At default risk, the Max DD may get as deep as 20%. The maximum drawdown duration seen in last five years is about 2 months. This should be kept in mind while setting risk and trading the EA. One of RayBOTSs strengths will be its positive risk:reward ratio. The EA will be able to jump out of drawdown phases very quickly.

Phibase team runs walk forward/optimization tests on a monthly/for-nightly basis. Our walk forward tests indicate that the current phase in USDCAD is just normal and any optimization to enhance performance based on this short period will affect the longer term robustness and profitability. We are closely monitoring the trades and changes if required will be automatically applied to your parameters through our server using the automatic optimization feature built into the EA.

USDCAD has been in drawdown since beginning of March. EURUSD and AUDUSD have been bringing in gains for this month. This is one more positive feature of trading a diversified uncorrelated pairs the risk of drawdown is minimized.  Please refer to the combined portfolio chart under the strategy test section of our website.  There will be some short spans when the losses on all three pairs may coincide, however this will be short and recovery from such phases will be quicker. 

You can expect RayBOT to gain between 5% to 15% per month at default risk. The DD that needs to be to be expected would be abut 20% at this risk level this is considered normal.

raybot is still up for Match by about 8%....  this is following a good 12% gain in feb... so it is still good going after two months!

Happy Easter!

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 11:24:02 AM »
[member=12667]mikepipmaker[/member]

Hi Mike,

happy easter also.

I had 17 trades with -242.3 pips. seems to be similiar to your MBT account but i have no open trades now.
The results so far are real good. I like the trading style of raybot very much. The low SL of around 35pips giving the positive risk:reward ratio with the frequent trades of this ea. Makes it not boring and not too stressy to watch  ;)

Cabex made +166.2 pips this week and so my portfolio lost only -76.1pips this week.

br
Mark
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:25:13 AM by Tradenow »

Offline phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 02:45:59 PM »
The live trade comparison chart of CabEX, RayBOT and CabEX+RayBOT is presented below. It also displays the winning and losing phases of each EA.

This is an ongoing study and we hope to show that the combined portfolio will help reduce the drawdown/ranging phases in CabEX equity.

Offline Byte

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 01:51:51 AM »
Hi,
just a few more results form last week, trading real accounts on different brokers:
Thinkforex (total of 22 trades for a loss of -167.2 pips)
- AUDUSD 3 trades -> -48.0 pips
- USDCAD 12 trades -> -51.7 pips
- EURUSD 7 trades -> 67.5 pips

Pepperstone (total of 18 trades for a loss of -241.4 pips)
- AUDUSD 1 trades -> -70.7 pips
- USDCAD 10 trades -> -75.3 pips
- EURUSD 5 trades -> -95.4 pips

Mt.Cook (total of 17 trades for a loss of -248.4 pips)
- AUDUSD 2 trades -> -51.3 pips
- USDCAD 11 trades -> -80.0 pips
- EURUSD 6 trades -> -117.1 pips

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »
Quote from: Byte date=1459126311 link=msg=353630

Hi,
just a few more results form last week, trading real accounts on different brokers:

Thanks for posting. This is real helpful to evaluate the influence of different broker feeds.
Interesting to see how big are the differences after tradng a full year. Maybe we will see similiar results over a longer period on all brokers.
Dont think that an ecn broker with tight spreads like icm is necessarily better over the long run. But time will tell....as always  :D

br
Mark

Offline markr

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »
Just purchased alongside CabEx- looking forward to getting started!

First trade today with Raybot

IC Markets
Default risk
USDCAD Sell +28.4
Currently short EURUSD

Mark

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 02:54:22 AM »
Quote from: markr link=msg=353649 date=1459191240

Just purchased alongside CabEx- looking forward to getting started!

First trade today with Raybot

IC Markets
Default risk
USDCAD Sell +28.4
Currently short EURUSD

Mark

great  :)  Good luck, Mark!

I also run on Ic markets...... i will be happy to share results, atleast weekly for sure.

good to see that we started off the week with a few winners....  currently having a sell on EU and AU......