collapse

Author Topic: Long term or short term trading?  (Read 927 times)

Offline iMusingKiMi

Re: Long term or short term trading?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »
Every trader have their own behavior. Choose the one most suitable for yourself.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »
Quote from: Johnny666 link=msg=359278 date=1480517026

I agree 100% with Confrontation Girl. Long term trading requires BUG stop loss 300+ pips even at 0.1 lots that could lose you $300+ . That is too much for the new traders. Also long term trading takes days /weeks , even months for a trade to close so it is very difficult to know if you are using a good strategy or just got lucky

True. New traders often either don't have the funds to invest to be able to accept that kind of a loss, or they're unwilling to invest them because they're too inexperienced. Not to mention that said inexperience also makes it hard to deal with such a loss, even if you do have the money.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
I prefer shorter term trading. Like has been mentioned above, the stops are smaller. But I do feel that it is probably easier to make money swing trading. Any thoughts on this?

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »
I definitely agree about the stops. I don't think that it's easier or harder to be an intraday trader than a swing trader, both have suitable strategies.

Offline valforex

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
I prefer long term forex. More accurate.

Offline MatthiasHuber

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 10:17:58 AM »
I'm still learning so I personally prefer short term trading to gain experience.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »
I'm still learning so I personally prefer short term trading to gain experience.

What time frames do you use to find signals?

Offline hybrid

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
So short replies . I think you should share your views on long or short term trading . What is your favorite style of trading . I like short term trading . It is a choice of many traders who had less experience , low money account . They can try short targets with short term trading.

Offline indicator

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 06:18:42 AM »
I prefer long term forex. More accurate.

I also like long term trading because of the fact that the signals generated are more accurate and the noise is very less on higher time frames.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
There definitely is less noise. That is a real attraction to me but as I mentioned above the large stops are a concern.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 11:36:20 AM »
There definitely is less noise. That is a real attraction to me but as I mentioned above the large stops are a concern.

How do you deal with the retracements?

Offline diamond

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 05:24:49 PM »
Yes for long term trading you should plan well wait for proper time and react to it timely so that you can be successful in long term trading long term is good paying .on the other hand short term trading is our daily routine where we get our small targets.

Offline Confrontation Girl

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 03:59:16 AM »
As we get experience in market, we start trading long term because our strategy got developed with our mind and learn that it is more secure , profitable to deal in long trades.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:55 AM »
Short term trading create emotional environment a lot. If you are newbie, it is more encourage to learn from long term rather than short term. You need highly skill to trade short term.

Offline indicator

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 04:15:01 AM »
Short term trading create emotional environment a lot. If you are newbie, it is more encourage to learn from long term rather than short term. You need highly skill to trade short term.

I do agree with you that short term trading is very much related to emotions but if you are not able to control your emotions on doing short term trading, then you can switch to long term trading.