collapse

Author Topic: Long term or short term trading?  (Read 853 times)

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
Re: Long term or short term trading?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
short term for me.

I want to watch the position, be in and out in at most a few hours.

when the position is a significant size, I would be uncomfortable not being able to manage or at least observe as it progresses.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline parkerbonline

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »
Varies for me depending on my mood but mostly long term.

Offline resistance

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »
I am also like with swing trading usually, rarely using scalping trading because this strategy in my opinion is required concentration and also fast internet connection to avoid requote problem

Offline Neurotic

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
Trading short term and long term depends on the confidence level of the Broker. If you have enough confidence you could trade long term, else just do short term trading and earn it properly.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 03:44:06 AM »
Short term trading create emotional environment a lot. If you are newbie, it is more encourage to learn from long term rather than short term. You need highly skill to trade short term.

I do agree with you that short term trading is very much related to emotions but if you are not able to control your emotions on doing short term trading, then you can switch to long term trading.

Definitely. It is full of excitement and it needs more skill on short term trading.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 03:45:06 AM »
Trading short term and long term depends on the confidence level of the Broker. If you have enough confidence you could trade long term, else just do short term trading and earn it properly.

I thought every person wanted to trade need to choose a good broker 1st no matter trading long or short term.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
Short term trading create emotional environment a lot. If you are newbie, it is more encourage to learn from long term rather than short term. You need highly skill to trade short term.

I do agree with you that short term trading is very much related to emotions but if you are not able to control your emotions on doing short term trading, then you can switch to long term trading.

Definitely. It is full of excitement and it needs more skill on short term trading.

I don't think one should work with a broker unless they feel confident in them to begin with, regardless of the way one trades.

Offline Confrontation Girl

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 07:55:43 AM »
What ever trading technique you use, either short term or long term, it is your personal choice. Few traders are fan of short term trading while few are working on long term trading only. Every one has style of trading according which they work.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
True, in the end of the day (or the month) all that matters is whether your strategy works or not.

Offline Trunk

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »
For day trading you can set higher profit targets as daily swings have a lot of opportunities like trading on breakouts, news releases, catching some volatility waves etc. Long-term trading involves some careful trading analysis and more challenging, while it is more suitable for bigger capital with lower ROI target.

I personally love to scalp with Tickmill, their execution allows me to make 2-4 pips from a trade not caring about slippage or spread widening. :)

* Recent Posts

Re: FxMath Harmonic Patterns Signals By Email by FxMath
[Yesterday at 08:12:44 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by El_KaPpa
[Yesterday at 07:52:41 PM]

Re: Dux Forex by dutchie
[Yesterday at 07:49:50 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by 999cjb
[Yesterday at 06:00:36 PM]

Re: FOREX - An Easy Way To Lose Money by equityfx
[Yesterday at 03:50:39 PM]

Re: Who is making money in Forex? by equityfx