collapse

Author Topic: TulipFX is back!  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
The plan is to withdraw the initial investment as soon as possible (3000+600) and then use the profit to run
Good man.
Good plan.

Offline McBain2109

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
Puh....That was close. But still in profit^^

Offline alaali

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
I got a margin call but almost lost my account. Waited till it is almost break even and closed the trades manually.

I can see now that if I did not close the trades I will be in profit but better safe than sorry!

So $3000 was not enough!

Offline reinerh

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1678
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 12:49:17 PM »
vendor has set his dd protection at 20% so it seems, they closed out as well.

new year sure of to a challenging start.

Offline bearnakedbull

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 811
  • Be afraid, very afraid!
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »
Only two days of trading and it blew my account. I was thinking that I could add some more funds if needed but of course I was sleeping when the damage occurred.
Regards, bnb

Offline CanadianPsycho

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 523
  • Free markets are sexy
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Well! That was a rough day!

About $4,000 lost on my account trading rocket. I had my starting lot set at 0.03 on a $16,500 balance. I closed everything out at $4,000 and change in drawdown, or 25%. Would have ended in profit if I'd let the trade run. That ate up a good little chunk of money though and the drawdown would have gotten even worse than 25%.

Grid traders carry this sort of risk. Heavy DD and blown accounts in markets without good pullbacks.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 07:49:32 PM »
Sorry it failed so quickly on two live account.  What now - try it again with higher funding / lower risk setting, or is there a refund option?

Is there a disclaimer in the blurb that came with it?:-

NB. Rockets can go down as well as up.

Offline CanadianPsycho

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 523
  • Free markets are sexy
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »
Well it's a grid trader. If users don't understand that this is the type of risk a grid trading system carries and prepare for these significant losses, they just shouldn't be using it in the first place. I don't think a refund would be morally justified here, but to each their own I suppose.

Offline reinerh

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1678
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »
canadian,

the starting lot size with grids is one of the most important aspects with a grid or marti, always stay as small as possible.

if not your dd grows exponentially and you run out of margin much much sooner.

even .01 is often times too big, but we cant go smaller unless its a nano account.

anybody trading this ea i definitely recommend starting as low lot size as possible.

Offline CanadianPsycho

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 523
  • Free markets are sexy
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 10:23:48 PM »
Reinerh, I agree with you for sure! I consider the setting I had on there to be very risky, so the capital loss doesn't surprise me at all.

Tulip advises 0.01 per $3,000 in capital if you're increasing starting lot sizes, but if I'd had that setting, my starting lot would have been 0.05 which would have been much worse. Using the equity protection in the EA is something I personally strongly reccomend, and 20% is a very reasonable level to put it at.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:25:32 PM by CanadianPsycho »

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »
So, if equity protection set to 20%, does this mean that should equity drop to 20% then all trades will be closed leaving you with 20% of your account (having lost the other 80%)?   Or, does it mean that once 20% open DD is reached that it closes all trades losing you 20% of your account and keeping the remaining 80%?

How did the vendor account fair during this crash landing?

Offline Trade It Easy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 644
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
Is this one of those told you so moments?  ;)

Only joking. I hope this bot does work out for you all or you make your money back and maybe stop trading it.

From a refund point of view they will only refund if there is a technical issue rather than buyers remorse.

It is a shame they don't have a trial option or a buy a 30 day licence.

Personally I wouldn't trade a basket style bot they don't stand the test of time.

Even Robominer considered a safe Grid trader (I know different) back in the day did not stand the test of time except for 1 account that managed to survive. I think it was a 100,000 account trading small lots.

How I use a robot is how much risk am I willing to take without checking my trading account for a month. If I feel I'd need to check or adjust then I lower the risk. I've done that with the robot I use.

I presume they lose 20% as the makers have it set to 20% max loss.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:43:36 AM by Trade It Easy »
Verified FX Megadroid stats: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/theforexbloke/advanced-megadroid-setup/1932741

Work hard from the ground up. I make money from trading however it hasn't always been that way. I lost before I started "winning".<br><br>I made and make my money from my business which is casino hire ie hiring out casino tables in and around Nottingham UK. To see what I do go to: http://www.winwincasinohire.co.uk

Offline CanadianPsycho

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 523
  • Free markets are sexy
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »
So, if equity protection set to 20%, does this mean that should equity drop to 20% then all trades will be closed leaving you with 20% of your account (having lost the other 80%)?   Or, does it mean that once 20% open DD is reached that it closes all trades losing you 20% of your account and keeping the remaining 80%?

How did the vendor account fair during this crash landing?

The setting should close the basket of trades once you have an equity drawdown at the level specified. So if you have it set at 20%, trades will all close leaving you with 80% of your account preserved.

The vendor's account took a 20% hit last night.

Offline Trade It Easy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 644
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 12:46:53 AM »
I got a margin call but almost lost my account. Waited till it is almost break even and closed the trades manually.

I can see now that if I did not close the trades I will be in profit but better safe than sorry!

So $3000 was not enough!

I see you have withdrawn 2250 from the account. Why don't you withdraw it all or put more in to be safer?
Verified FX Megadroid stats: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/theforexbloke/advanced-megadroid-setup/1932741

Work hard from the ground up. I make money from trading however it hasn't always been that way. I lost before I started "winning".<br><br>I made and make my money from my business which is casino hire ie hiring out casino tables in and around Nottingham UK. To see what I do go to: http://www.winwincasinohire.co.uk

Offline alaali

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Re: TulipFX is back!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 07:08:17 AM »
I got a margin call but almost lost my account. Waited till it is almost break even and closed the trades manually.

I can see now that if I did not close the trades I will be in profit but better safe than sorry!

So $3000 was not enough!

I see you have withdrawn 2250 from the account. Why don't you withdraw it all or put more in to be safer?

Will put another low risk EA on this account.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

* Recent Posts