collapse

Author Topic: Easy Forex (ezefx.com)  (Read 710391 times)

Offline Mr Hector

Easy Forex (ezefx.com)
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
Having read a few posts by someone I presume is from Easy Forex in other threads and doing a search here, I couldn't find anything about it.  So I'm asking if anyone has tried them, heard of them, or if the developer(s) could give me more info. (if it is an EA that is?  can't really be certain form the website)

Website looks down to earth and 'honest'.

Don't know if you're allowed to post web links, but I'm sure donna will remove it if not:

http://www.ezefx.com/

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
Thank you for the post Julian. It's been a struggle getting to this point I must admit. But if the thread is still here in a week's time hopefully it will be here to stay.

I am the developer of the EAs for the EzeFX site. The first commercial EzeFX EA was modified from another commercial EA by agreement with the original developers but this proved to be not as successful as we would have liked. So I decided to write a completely new EA from scratch. This had a number of advantages including:-
1. I understood all the code, making user and coding problems easier to solve.
2. We did not have to pay royalties to the original developers, so the software prices could be reduced where appropriate.

I have been programming for more than 45 years and decided to program EAs because I liked the idea of my software benefiting me directly rather than someone else. Also because I will never be able to trade manually and EAs are, for people like me, the perfect solution.

Our current EA is EZE008 which is finishing beta testing this weekend. We are introducing new pricing which will allow EzeFX members to download and run EZE008 free. Bear in mind that EzeFX is a subscription site so there is a small monthly fee. This pays for support, updates etc.

So if EZE008 is a good and profitable EA, why will it be free to members? Because I've developed EZE016.

Most criticisms of EZE008 are that it is "slow" and "boring". Sorry about that. Here is a live account link.

http://999cjb.mt4stats.com

This runs on 10% risk and the account balance is now $446. So, all being well, about 37% annual profit. This is one currency pair at low risk. If this is too boring for you, there are plenty of exciting EAs to be found elsewhere. Or you could wait for EZE016. This is EZE008 on steroids but it won't be free and it won't be cheap.

EZE008 only opens new trades during a narrow time interval so just a few trades each week. EZE016 trades all the time and runs multiple trades concurrently. But it takes six weeks to fully backtest each currency pair although I'm running some live now and "living in hope".

The EzeFX website is as boring as EZE008. No videos, no startling graphics and no dubious claims.

Are you still awake? If this post is still here by the end of next week I'll post some more stuff. Meanwhile, feel free to ask any questions.

Offline Mr Hector

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »
Thanks for the info!  The stats show no losses yet for the past couple of months or so, with not many trades, which I like, slow and steady wins the day.  But it doesn't tell us anything about SL level. It's all very well having all winners, but if the SL is 1000 pips...!?

Also, what is it's trading time period? (GMT) Asian scalper or other?

Thanks

Offline fxbabe

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
Thanks.  Is your mt4 stats the same EA you posted on your website "...$200 to $5k in 14 months"?  If yes, then why such a big diff. in performance between 37% to roughly 2500% per annual?

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
I have PMd you those details. Think perhaps it "crossed in the post!".

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »
Thanks.  Is your mt4 stats the same EA you posted on your website "...$200 to $5k in 14 months"?  If yes, then why such a big diff. in performance between 37% to roughly 2500% per annual?

The website home page graph is an EZE016 backtest. I'm now running 5 live accounts on EZE016 and it's looking good. But lots more work still to do on it.

Offline fxbabe

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »

I like to know what the sl is and may be it would be good to just post it here am sure other would like to know it too. 

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »

I like to know what the sl is and may be it would be good to just post it here am sure other would like to know it too. 

This account was one of the first I started for EZE008 on EURUSD. The TP is 60 and the SL is 300. I have not bothered to modify this but on other accounts I am preferring TP of 70 to 100 and SL of 250.

Offline forexma

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »

This account was one of the first I started for EZE008 on EURUSD. The TP is 60 and the SL is 300. I have not bothered to modify this but on other accounts I am preferring TP of 70 to 100 and SL of 250.

Very strange settings because largest profit in pips is 30 and many trades close in 1-10 pips profit and only 5 trades hit their 30 pips TP(which you say is 60). With SL of 300 it's a very poor RR ratio and it's only a matter of time a disaster to happen.

I'm allways worried about accounts w/o losses, sooner or later they suffer HUGE losses.

Offline jamesfrance

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
The reults look good and slow/steady is fine by me

"This account was one of the first I started for EZE008 on EURUSD. The TP is 60 and the SL is 300. I have not bothered to modify this but on other accounts I am preferring TP of 70 to 100 and SL of 250."

Any chance you could post a link to a live forward test with an account setup to TP 70-100 and SL 250
There are plenty EA's available with a high strike rate and a risk ratio 6:1 such as Euroblaster which trades much more frequently so can you also post some long term backtests with both settings to see how often the SL'S are hit.
Thanks

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
I'll give you some facts to chew on.

I am running 38 EZE008 EAs on 18 live accounts. In the last seven weeks I have made 1,933 pips. This includes a few stop losses. I have made another 297 pips in the last 3 weeks building up to 5 EZE016 EAs. All these results include a number of experimental pairs and settings on EZE008 while all the EZE016 are experimental.

If you get a stop loss on EZE008 it can take 2 months to recover your account balance. I do not recommend any EZE008 settings unless I can backtest with less than 3 stop losses over the past year. Most EZE008 backtests run the past year with no stop losses.

In the past I have run a number of commercial EAs which I purchased. My experiences with these have been pretty dire so I don't run them any more. I do run Fapturbo scalper on 5 live broker accounts using currency pairs and settings which still give positive results.

I use a low initial trailing stop setting which explains why many of my trades stop out with low take profit values. But I am happy with this. Customers wishing to take more risks in search of larger take profits are welcome to up the trailing stop value or remove it entirely.

Due to the varied mix of EAs I run on most of my live accounts, it would be misleading to publish more results but I'll see what I can do. Full backtests are available on the EzeFX member site together with .set files.

If you are tempted, please do not sign up to the member site yet. I am working on a free offer to DF members once I have evaluated the beta test results. Beta tests are closing early today.

Offline richdad711

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 03:25:07 AM »
thanks 999, looking forward for the freebie

cheers

Offline jeffstar

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »
Hi.  Nice web site. I read it in its entirety. Straight forward and enjoyable reading.  I like the picture of the 'Robot Knights of the round money table' trading forex on their laptops.  I'll wait to sign up as you requested. I'm looking forward to your offer.  Thanks.  :)

Online 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
Hi.  Nice web site. I read it in its entirety. Straight forward and enjoyable reading.  I like the picture of the 'Robot Knights of the round money table' trading forex on their laptops.  I'll wait to sign up as you requested. I'm looking forward to your offer.  Thanks.  :)

Thank you so much for this. Comparing my work with the usual "produced by MindBogglingWebGrahpics" efforts makes me feel even older than I am.

Compliments rarely received are appreciated even more.

Offline jamesfrance

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
999cjb

Will wait on the offer,

Just one criticism, All these E numbers are a bit confusing

* Recent Posts