collapse

Author Topic: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN  (Read 70465 times)

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
Re: AW: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »
Ok example: if my knowledge is right every broker can only use market execution with his lp. So the trader uses instant with 2pip slippage protection, Order goes to fxcm, fxcm routes to ecn via market exec, Order executed with 3pip slippage. Now as the trader is Not accepting this Order, fxcm is at risk. Only explanation:
1) im wrong and a broker can also use instant exec vs its lps
2) its a MM and so they themselve produce slippage and know what they can Charge both fxcm traders in advance
3) they will Charge some Kind of slippage insurance Fee on spread or commission so that even if they have an Order you will not accept, Overall Orders, they at least will have break even

Hi Pips2Cash,

If liquidity is no longer available at the price clicked on, the order will be sent to the liquidity provider offering the next best available price assuming that it is not beyond the range of negative slippage you are allowing via maximum deviation. 

I'm not sure what you mean by:

from an economic point thats not logical. How do you (fxcm) know the slippage before you execute the trade in your "ecn"? This cant be profitable.

Confirmation is sent to the platform once execution is completed displaying the execution price, or rejected if price is beyond the maximum deviation for negative slippage.

Jason

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
AW: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
Im ready to buy!
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline DynamicTrader

Re: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
At Migbank you can have both Instant Execution and Market Execution with the same  currency pair (of same account of course). This is done by using a different suffix in currency pair labeling. I have found this a very useful feature and can only be found at Migbank.

Offline cyberryder

• VIP
AW: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
Well at least i can say i wasted my time in this thread
@BeeksFX LD5
Read the broker TOS!
Searching for a broker, offering additional fund security in the TOS. None available today: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=13785.msg335342#msg335342

Offline NormanBus

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
Hi Jason,

I would like to invest my funds in a UK based company and I am running an FXCM demo account and have to say the spreads seem high compared to my non UK based broker, Pepperstone.

I have spreadwidener on my charts and see typically your spread for EUR/USD is  2.7 Vantage is 1.5 and Pepperstone 0.4

GBP/USD 2.6 Vantage 2.2 Pepperstone 0.8

AUS/NZD 4.1 Vantage 3.5 Pepperstone 2.1

Offline radar

Re: AW: FXCM - New MT4 Account with direct Integration to its ECN
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
I keep the brokers honest, by NOT trading with rebates or sponsored VPS

Hi Pips2Cash.  How does " NOT trading with rebates or sponsored VPS" keep a broker honest?  not being a smart@ss, just curious.

Thanks,
radar

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
Hi Jason,

I would like to invest my funds in a UK based company and I am running an FXCM demo account and have to say the spreads seem high compared to my non UK based broker, Pepperstone.

I have spreadwidener on my charts and see typically your spread for EUR/USD is  2.7 Vantage is 1.5 and Pepperstone 0.4

GBP/USD 2.6 Vantage 2.2 Pepperstone 0.8

AUS/NZD 4.1 Vantage 3.5 Pepperstone 2.1

Hi Norman,

FXCM's spreads include a pip mark-up which acts as FXCM's compensation or commission if you will.  Tighter spreads are available through FXCM's active trader program whereby you can trade on a reduced spread with a commission instead, and active trader is available on the MT4 platform.  The combined transaction cost is designed to be approximately 1 pip lower than on the typical standard account.  The requirement to join active trader is to have a minimum of 10 million per month notional volume or $50,000 account balance.  Here's where you can find more information http://www.fxcm.com/active-trader.jsp#Overview

Jason

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
In a few weeks, FXCM will be launching a forex trading app store with custom indicators and EA's available for MT4 and the Trading Station Desktop platform. The full site hasn't launched yet, but you can enter your email to get the "24-Hour Trend Locator" app for free before the official site launches. Here's where to find it: http://www.fxcmapps.com/

Offline loulou69

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
hello,

Somebody gave a try at this new FXCM MT4 platform ?

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
CFD Trading Hours & Forex Rollover for Easter 2012
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
Please take note of changes to the following CFD trading hours for Good Friday and Easter. There is no change to forex trading hours, but forex trades will be affected by holiday rollover this week.

For example, on Friday, April 6th there will be no rollover interest for most currency pairs. For details look at the rollover calendar.

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
FXCM App Store
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »
In a few weeks, FXCM will be launching a forex trading app store with custom indicators and EA's available for MT4 and the Trading Station Desktop platform. The full site hasn't launched yet, but you can enter your email to get the "24-Hour Trend Locator" app for free before the official site launches. Here's where to find it: http://www.fxcmapps.com/

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I mentioned the FXCM App Store was coming soon. Well it is finally here!

The app store launched this week, and it is starting out with around 40 apps for MT4 including scripts, EAs, and stand-alone apps. This is just the beginning, and we plan to release more apps in the coming months for MT4, Trading Station, and possibly other platforms.

Below are 3 apps you can test for free, and there are more on the FXCMapps.com website.  If you have suggestions for additional apps, please do let me know, and I will ask the programming services team if they can be added to the website.

DailyFX PLUS Trading SignalsBreakout2 (Expert Advisor)

Those of you that use DailyFX PLUS will likely have heard of Breakout2.  You can now automate the strategy to run on MT4 rather than having to visit the website to check for updates and then manually place trades on your platform.

Breakout 2 is one of the six strategies  in the classic DailyFX signals.  Its designed to perform best in market conditions where price is likely to move through an identified support or resistance level. When this happens, trading volume and price volatility often increase. Breakout2 attempts to capitalize on these increases by recommending to buy or sell in the direction of the breakout. We will likely release more of the DailyFX PLUS strategies for MT4 automation, so stay tuned.

Click here to download Breakout 2: http://bit.ly/IHwRm3

Trend Identifier (Indicator)

This indicator is pretty self-explanatory, and it incorporates the Aroon indicator for trend identification.  The indicator displays two lines: Aroon up, which measures the strength of the uptrend, and Aroon down, which measures the strength of the downtrend. Both lines fluctuate between values of zero and 100, with values near zero representing a weak trend and values near 100 representing a strong trend.

Click here to download Trend Identifier: http://bit.ly/IHxhJ4

Quick Buy (Script)

This app lets you open trades on MT4 in one click similar to how one-click trading works on the Trading Station desktop platform.  You can even pre-set your stop-loss and take-profit levels.

Click here to download Quick Buy: http://bit.ly/HSGHyI

All of these apps can be used on FXCMs MetaTrader 4 platform, so if youre using our MT4, enjoy!  If not, you can register for an FXCM MT4 demo here: http://bit.ly/tiLoAI. And again, let me know, if you have suggestions for new EAs, scripts, etc. Stay tuned for an app that will let you automatically share your trades with your friends on facebook and twitter. :)

Jason
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:46:18 PM by Jason Rogers »

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
Attention MT4 demo users
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

Those of you who have an MT4 demo with FXCM will be getting an email about this, but I wanted to give everyone on the forum a heads up.

Due to a server upgrade this weekend, all current MT4 demos on the FXCM MT4 platform will expire this coming Sunday, April 15th. Past trading history of those demos will not be saved. Please take appropriate measures to save any necessary data. You can create a new demo after April 15th.

Why is this necessary? FXCM recently rebuilt the backend of our MT4 platform from the ground up. Now our No Dealing Desk forex execution is seamlessly integrated and auto syncs have been eliminated. We have also integrated functionality for MT4 accounts to work with the MT4 mobile and Trading Station mobile platforms. In order or put through the ability for demos to login to Trading Station and the mobile apps,  the old demos have to go unfortunately.

I know that this is an inconvenience for everyone using a current MT4 demo with us, but I hope you will like all the new changes that will come with the new demos.

Jason

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
CFD Trading Hours for May 1st Holiday
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »
Just a heads up for everyone.

The following indices will be closed for trading on May 1st due to the holiday in Europe: GER30, FRA40, ITA40, SWE30 and SUI30.

Normal trading hours will resume on May 2nd.

Offline Josef

• No custom title :)
  • (((( ↓ ))))
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 08:59:01 AM »
Jason, could you please post a fixed download link for the Trend Identifier?

Offline Jason Rogers

• FXCM Ambassador
    • Follow Me on Twitter
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »
Jason, could you please post a fixed download link for the Trend Identifier?

Hi Josef,

Thanks for letting me know. You should now be able to use all the links in this post: http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4878.msg176045#msg176045

Jason

* Recent Posts