collapse

Author Topic: FXPig  (Read 96305 times)

Offline Dash

• Trading since 2005
Re: FXPig
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
Yes, you are right, for some other systems 27th was also unlucky.

Black day for eas.

that really depends what EA you use :D

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 02:43:47 AM »
Has anyone experienced disconnection and frozen chart (even when the connection is established) with FXPIG, especially right in the middle of or after a news release?

I've experienced it several times and it lasted about a couple of minutes per freeze during AU Trade Balance today. I've set up FXPIG MT4 on two different VPSs and network status on both VPSs were fine as I could confirm it by looking at MT4 from other brokers, side-by-side.

I've attached the picture showing multiple MT4 charts from different brokers. Also, the log file is attached. I have looked into "Journal" tab and found tons of login attempts and old tick issues.

Maybe FXPIG dislike news trading or post-spike trading. The fact is anyone who has taken a position today during AU Trade Balance might have experienced pretty dangerous trade if any. What you guys think?

NOTE: please use the horizontal bar to slide the picture. The chart from FXPIG is shown at the very right.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:42:08 AM by Far East Man »

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
    • FXPIG 'Where Traders Come to Win'
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 03:05:36 AM »
Has anyone experienced disconnection and frozen chart (even when the connection is established) with FXPIG, especially right in the middle of or after a news release?

I've experienced it several times and it lasted about a couple of minutes per freeze during AU Trade Balance today. I've set up FXPIG MT4 on two different VPSs and network status on both VPSs were fine as I could confirm it by looking at MT4 from other brokers, side-by-side.

Maybe FXPIG dislike news trading or post-spike trading. The fact is anyone who has taken a position today during AU Trade Balance might have experienced pretty dangerous trade if any. What you guys think?

We do not, in any way shape or form, purposely disrupt or disconnect our feed or our servers at anytime or for any reason.

We have received no other complaints regarding disconnects however if you can give me an exact time and your VPS IP address I can try and find the reason behind the issues you experienced.

Also just to confirm was this our DMA or ECN platform? Live or demo?

Cheers,
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »
ECN Live. IPs are 46.32.256.182 and 209.105.227.41, one in UK and the other in Dallas.

I've also attached the picture of journal tab. It could be pretty serious if you can't detect the problem on your end. I can submit two logs from UK and Dallas. I don't think the freeze took place simultaneously on those VPSs at different company and location as those time print shows no difference. If it's just a coincidence, it's a miracle.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:39:39 AM by Far East Man »

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 03:56:20 AM »

I have forwarded your screen shot to our head tech so he can search our server logs for a possible cause.

I can see some old tick data errors in our own DOOR logs, but not at the same time shown on your example and on a different pair.

We did add 2 new LPs over the weekend, so it may be that these new LPs are the cause.

At any rate I will update this thread once the problem has been found and fixed.

I appreciate the heads up.

Cheers,
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 04:36:44 AM »
ECN Live. IPs are 46.32.256.182 and 209.105.227.41, one in UK and the other in Dallas.

I've also attached the picture of journal tab. It could be pretty serious if you can't detect the problem on your end. I can submit two logs from UK and Dallas. I don't think the freeze took place simultaneously on those VPSs at different company and location as those time print shows no difference. If it's just a coincidence, it's a miracle.

Another question; are you connected using our server URL or a direct IP? Do you have the CDN disabled (Data Center Auto Configuration) under tools and options?

Just want to be sure I have all the information so we can diagnose this correctly.

Cheers,
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 04:50:18 AM »
I use "FXPIGECN-ECN Live Server."

"Data Center auto configuration" is checked.

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:17 AM »

The problem was identified by our tech team even before I called them on it.

Apparently some server swaps, upgrades, and relocating (in the same cage at the DC) we had done over the weekend caused an intermittent issue with our quote servers. Data packets where being rejected by one of the servers. This error was corrected just a short while ago and has been tested and I am being told the issue is now solved.

Please let me know if you experience any similar errors.

skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline crashev

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »

The problem was identified by our tech team even before I called them on it.

Apparently some server swaps, upgrades, and relocating (in the same cage at the DC) we had done over the weekend caused an intermittent issue with our quote servers. Data packets where being rejected by one of the servers. This error was corrected just a short while ago and has been tested and I am being told the issue is now solved.

When we are on the subject what does 'old tick data errors' mean exactly from the tech side point of view ?

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »
Well it means what it sounds like.

Even though the server disconnects and the auto configuration sends you to the next available server the quotes server is still online, so when you get reconnected the first few ticks are not actually the current market price.

You may have seen this before on another MT4 setup when you get a disconnect and upon reconnecting you see the price move very quickly to 'catch up' to the actual rate, or even when you login and out from one account to another on the same server.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:47:05 AM by Kevin @ FXPIG »
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

Ok, I'll monitor it.

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
For the past several hours we have been seeing intermittent order delays in the 5 to 10 second range due to a failing RAID Controller on our main ECN Content Delivery Network.

We have already begun to deploy the new environment however the switch isnt scheduled until 2 AM CET ( Central European Time ) tonight so it has the least effect on our clients trading and open orders.

Once the switch is initiated we will see a 45 to 60 minute downtime. Please make note of this so you can plan accordingly.

These type of issues happen, and we are well equipped to handle them, however given the nature of our business even a small interruption is hard to swallow. We will continue to work diligently on this issue to ensure the downtime is kept to a minimum.

If positions held in your account suffer losses due to the server maintenance, please contact us by opening a ticket to our Complaint Resolution Department via our helpdesk located at http://helpdesk.fxpig.com, be sure to include your account number and the ticket number(s) of the trade(s) in question. If possible please also provide a screenshot of your MT4, your latest daily statements and/or the terminal logs as this will help us move your claim along quickly. Any and all claims will be reviewed promptly and settled in the best possible manner.
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »
Kevin,

Thanks to your open attitude, I would like to ask a question in this thread, not with your support ticket system as I believe sharing info would help others.

I've been using a tick scalper EA that trade on 1m chart in a fast moving market. During FOMC event, it took a couple of trades and had slippages ranging from 3 to 11 pips. All slippages were on my favor.

During early Asian session today, I got one trade and it slipped about 6 pips, this time not on my favor.

I'm not complaining anything as I know slippages happen naturally in a fast moving market, and also they happened on both positive and negative side to me, which means there probably is no manipulation. However, in my experience, your ECN live account tends to slip most frequently and the amount of slippages were much bigger than those I see with other ECN brokers I use.

I think it's somehow strange. You've been saying that you are adding more and more liquidity providers, but I don't find no other ECN brokers with such frequent, big slippages. If you have deeper liquidity pool than others, there should be less slippages with you, right?

I used the same scalper bot on FXPRIMUS, LMAX, AxiTrader Pro (now I quit using Axi), and FXPIG. Every broker took slippages, but pips amount of slippages are much bigger with you. You told me LMAX is one of your LPs, but the ea took much smaller amount of slippage for the same trades on LMAX. Normally thinking, the more LPs, the easier finding a matching counter part, right? So I'm just wondering why this has been happening.

I show you the log the EA has automatically created.
-----
Report for ticket #2653099 EURUSD 0.35 lots

2012.05.16 18:05:42   Open   BUYSTOP  @ 1.27255  SL = 1.27224  TP = 1.27354  [1562 msec]
2012.05.16 18:06:32   Favorable Stop-to-Market open slippage= 7.4 pips
2012.05.16 18:06:33   Modify BUY      @ 1.26958  SL = 1.27037  TP = 1.27167  [531 msec]
2012.05.16 18:06:52   Closed BUY      @ 1.27110
2012.05.16 18:06:52   Favorable Stop Loss close slippage = 11.4 pips
-----

-----
Report for ticket #2670178 EURUSD 0.45 lots

2012.05.18 00:49:11   Open   BUYSTOP  @ 1.26766  SL = 1.26735  TP = 1.26865  [1500 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:11   Modify BUYSTOP  failure error #130 : invalid stops  ASK = 1.26685  BID = 1.26670  [172 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:12   Delete  BUYSTOP  failure error #3 : invalid trade parameters  ASK = 1.26828  BID = 1.26746  [407 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:12   Unfavorable Stop-to-Market open slippage= 6.2 pips
2012.05.18 00:49:12   Modify BUY      failure error #130 : invalid stops  ASK = 1.26828  BID = 1.26744  [0 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:12   Modify BUY      failure error #130 : invalid stops  ASK = 1.26813  BID = 1.26732  [0 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:12   Modify BUY      failure error #130 : invalid stops  ASK = 1.26813  BID = 1.26759  [0 msec]
2012.05.18 00:49:13   Closed BUY      @ 1.26752
2012.05.18 00:49:13   Favorable Stop Loss close slippage = 1.7 pips
-----

As you can see, I took both positive and negative slippages.

I'm not saying that the slippage is good or bad. I'm just wondering why an ECN broker with deeper LPs get more frequent, and also bigger slippages. For those trades above, slippages on LMAX were less than 1 pip.

Offline Kevin @ FXPIG

• Kevin Murcko
  • CEO at FXPIG
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »
Without actually going through each order, seeing who filled the ticket, and then checking what the order flow was like at the time of execution, my responses here are a bit speculative, however I will have these two specific tickets investigated thoroughly to see if we can spot a definitive answer.

Now my first thoughts are as follows; yes, our ECN is much larger than the 3 other stated brokers. This means we do have more liquidity, BUT it also means we have more retail and institutional flow competing for that liquidity.

As you mentioned, LMAX is one of our LPs, so their liquidity is part of our ECN. This does not mean they will be the top of book price when you get executed, so even if you see the same price and trade executed on our platform and theirs, this does not mean they filled you on our side.

When news hits the market many LPs fire off liquidity tiers outside of the actual current prices to either try and balance their book or in an attempt to not have their tiers hit. Sometimes however price moves very fast through the book and these prices become the actual price. This can then be seen as slippage, even though in reality you got the current actual price...however MT4, with it's tick limitations still saw an older tick or price.

Now, back to the competition; during news releases many traders are competing for the same basic entry and exit points. A larger trading network, while benefiting from a larger liquidity base, also will have more competition. So, when you try and enter at a given price it is very possible all that liquidity is gone, thus you are place in a queue and your order is executed based on when it was received. This again creates slippage.

The slippage you saw in the Asian session does seem a bit suspect to me. Again I need to get more information before I can comment further there. Was this on a spike by chance? If so, while this level of slippage is far beyond our average, liquidity throughout the FX market has been slim for the past month or so as the EU economic crisis has caused quite a lot of retail 'fear' which has sent volumes down by 20% or so YoY.

I will update this post once I have more information.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:16:39 AM by Kevin @ FXPIG »
skype. fxpig.kevin

Offline Far East Man

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »
Was this on a spike by chance?

Thank you for addressing my question, Kevin.

It was just an accidental spike. There had been no news release. But it doesn't seem to be an IT error as well as I've confirmed that candle with other brokers, too.

The EA does not trade on a news breakout. It's like MDP. It takes a trade when a price starts to retrace. And it also has a spread limit so it doesn't take a trade when spreads are more than 3 pips.

I can pretty much agree that there would be much less liquidity during the early Asian session today, and the spike was probably triggered due to some anxiety about Greece debt problem and ahead of G8 meeting outcome. But one of the traders who uses the same EA reported that he also took that trade on FXPRIMUS and he took no slippage.

If your assumption was right, then rich pool of liquidity doesn't always work on a trader's favor. I have always thought that the more LPs the better.

As I said, the slippages during the last FOCM took place all on my favor, however, when it happens in a negative manner, then it's definitely no good. So it has good side and bad side, but, in order to get stable results, I might have to find out the right environment.