collapse

Author Topic: How To Trade with just $20?  (Read 5206 times)

Offline reynuevo

How To Trade with just $20?
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:14:40 AM »
This questions must be in the mind of some newbies,  If you have some good tips, pls share..  :)

newbie question:
How can I get profit up to $100 with $20 at my account. Please, can you share your strategies? I don't want my firs $20 goes waste.

Offline DamBuster

• Global Moderator
  • Trade long and prosper, earthlings... ;-)
Re: How To Trade with just $20?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
Although a simple question to pose, it's a very difficult one to answer without establishing a lot of other paramenters

So, for starters, over what kind of timeframe do you expect to increase your account by 500%?

Offline Devid Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »
Agree on that, it is not that simple to answer your query, as low money should be invested in such manner we can easily get the returns with satisfaction.

Offline jefftimothy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
This questions must be in the mind of some newbies,  If you have some good tips, pls share..  :)

newbie question:
How can I get profit up to $100 with $20 at my account. Please, can you share your strategies? I don't want my firs $20 goes waste.

It's not impossible or not very difficult to make $100 from $20. One of my friend has made $141 from $20 and I have seen the proof. I have made $50 from $20.
You can make $100 from $20 by compounding. That mean at first you make your balance $30 from $20 by profit of $10. Then from $30 you make $45 . Then from $45 you make $65. And then from  $65 you make $100. So if you make 50% profit in every week , it will take 4 weeks or one month to make $100 from $20.

Offline robl45

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
and this is why most forex traders lose money and complain about brokers cheating them etc.  I'll be the lone voice of reason here and say that if you only have 20 bucks, forex trading is probably not for you.

Offline Candlestick

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
The only way i can see 20$ growing is sent account on some good broker and a good manual scalping technic.

Offline fmonera

• Trading for long term profitability
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »
(Title)How To Trade with just $20?

Reasonable question. Open a cent account so that you can use decent risk settings.

How can I get profit up to $100 with $20 at my account.

You need about 5 to 7 years of compounding growth of the account with sound strategies.

But being a newbie I suppose that you are asking us how to do that in weeks or months.

You can't do anything to do that. Forex is not magic, sorry. A blind and drunk monkey is more likely to do open heart surgery successfully than turning $20 into $100 without a lot of studying and self control.

You might have chance and succeed but you don't need any advice for that. And, by the way, you would loose those $100 even quicker so it is absurd to do the whole thing.

There are no shortcuts.

Please, can you share your strategies? I don't want my firs $20 goes waste.

It is not about strategies. There are hundreds of good strategies published for free.

Offline robl45

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:51 AM »
(Title)How To Trade with just $20?

Reasonable question. Open a cent account so that you can use decent risk settings.

show me a cent account at a decent broker?  it doesn't exist because they are for suckers.

with this 20 dollars, there are better odds to play blackjack and turn it into 100 bucks.  Heck roulette with a lucky number pick could make lots more than that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:35:25 AM by robl45 »

Offline Candlestick

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
fxopen and oanda are both good enough for cents. You dont risk much anyway. If/when your account reaches 100+ $ you can open new account on new broker. Pepperstone and Dukascopy are on top of my list.

Offline ForexPrince

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37:11 PM »
TradeFort is a cent account broker that i have used myself sometime ago.. I had reasonablely good experince with them.

Offline SamuraiTrader

• Musashi's Wooden Blade
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
and this is why most forex traders lose money and complain about brokers cheating them etc.  I'll be the lone voice of reason here and say that if you only have 20 bucks, forex trading is probably not for you.

I think this deserves quoting and posting again since it is practically verbatim what I planned to write.  Sometimes the hard truth is the only real answer.
Samurai Forex Trading - Forex Blog and Home of The Elite Range Bar System

Offline hamdane

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 12:59:29 AM »
To get profit with investing just 20$ is possible but you should have some knowledge and experience. Before invest the money you should be really mindful of what investing entails. The forex market is the most active in the world and also very risky.
also one last advise
Money Brings Money )

Offline PaladinFX

• Paladin Consultants
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:53 AM »

I agree 100% with that.
If you only have (or are willing to risk) 20 bucks ... or 200 or 2,000 ... don't trade.

It's not impossible or not very difficult to make $100 from $20. [.....] So if you make 50% profit in every week , it will take 4 weeks or one month to make $100 from $20.

Do you seriously consider regularly making 50% profit per week to be realistic?
If you do, I'm willing to bet that you are very new to forex ... no offence (or: offense, if you're from the US) meant.

Of course it is possible to make 500% profit, and thus to make a hundred bucks from a 'starting capital' of twenty ... but not in a few weeks or months.
Observing proper money management this feat will require several years ... even with the benefit of compounding profits.

Cheers,
P.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)

Offline HotPotato

• Dutch - Spain - Moving around
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 09:44:54 PM »
If you can make a STEADY 5% a month....in my mind you are good.
Don't worry, be happy.

New Trader on Demo https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolios/super-duper-system/173344

Offline PaladinFX

• Paladin Consultants
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »
If you can make a STEADY 5% a month....in my mind you are good.

Yes, indeed you are, if you can achieve it while observing proper money management.
For an experienced and disciplined trader, making 5-10% a month is realistic, too.

And what is more, it'll make you rather wealthy rather quickly.

My favourite example to show the power of compounding profits:

Start a small trading account with USD 10,000.00.
Make 10% profit per month and compound, i.e. do not withdraw anything.

After one year your account balance will be USD 31,384.28.

After two years your balance will be USD 98,497.33.

After three years the balance of your trading account will be USD 309,126.81.

After four years your balance will be USD 970,172.34.

After five years your account balance will be USD 3,044,816.40.

Of course, it will not work out like that in reality, for three reasons:
1. There will be months in which you won't reach your 10% target; you may even have a string of 'WTF???-weeks' (hehe), resulting in a drawdown of 10% or more.
2. Once you've reached a certain account size, placing orders (and having them promptly filled) may pose a problem. This can be solved by choosing the right broker or by simply running several accounts with various brokers.
3. Tax you'll have to pay will eat into your profits (but only after you've withdrawn, if you're smart).
That's beside the point anyway.

The important (and fascinating) thing is that there is absolutely no need to make 10% a day (or 50% a week or whatever) to get a good living out of forex.
With enough experience, a lot of discipline and a little bit of luck (always useful, hehe) one can turn ten thousand bucks into three million within five to seven years ... and it's not all that hard.

Compounding is the magic word.
Albert Einstein, who definitely wasn't a dummy, allegedly called compounding 'the mightiest force in the universe', and while he referred to energy compounding, not money, the principle is still valid.

Cheers,
P.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:12:05 AM by PaladinFX »
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)

* Recent Posts

Re: FxMath Harmonic Patterns Signals By Email by FxMath
[Yesterday at 08:12:44 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by El_KaPpa
[Yesterday at 07:52:41 PM]

Re: Dux Forex by dutchie
[Yesterday at 07:49:50 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by 999cjb
[Yesterday at 06:00:36 PM]

Re: FOREX - An Easy Way To Lose Money by equityfx
[Yesterday at 03:50:39 PM]