collapse

Author Topic: How To Trade with just $20?  (Read 5371 times)

Offline candle7779

Re: How To Trade with just $20?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »
I think it is possible to begin trading having only 20$. But to my mind in this case it is necessary to trade some time on demo account only after that start trading with live. But it seems to me it would be more profitable to trade with 100$.

Offline DriveHF

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
I suggest you open a Cent account and put a good EA on.
Even if you wish to do manual trading this still open a cent account, this will give more flexibility.

Offline seawater

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 05:32:24 PM »
20$ is not bad capital for trading so you should trade with setting proper stop loss and take profit because in trading the trader with proper trading skills and knowledge is successful.

Offline delete

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »
I think It's bad idea. You just loss a lot of time. You'll need a minimum deposit 100USD.

Offline Capelli

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
I would say that its better to save you 20$ up until you have 200$ to trade normally. I have heard that most of the account that go bust are small account like these.

Besides, by trying to make 100$ out of 20$ will remain a bad habit for you. When you will have a bigger account, you might treat it like a 20$ account due to your habits. Its always better to aim for longterm gain rather than short term, and for that, you will need an account with significant cash.

My two cents

Offline forexnerd

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 06:52:47 AM »
There are some brokers who offer bonuses.
1. 100% trade bonus from Greenvault FX
2. 20% welcome bonus from the same broker - Greenvault FX
3. Galleass capital - upto 100% deposit bonus

Offline george55

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
 you can do this with scalping!

Offline Viktory

• VIP
  • Find your way and focus...
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline ultracat

• All business.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
Just becuase you use a cent account like Dmitry doesn't mean you need to trade a grid.  For starting with $20 I recommend a cent account at Instaforex, Tradefort, Forex4You, etc.   I would not recommend an EA unless you want to use a free one.  Even the cheaper EAs are about $100.  I would say any trader, including an EA trader, needs to understand basic trading.  Therefore take the $20 (2000 cent) account for at least a month or two and learn to place some profitable manual trades.  I recommend Charles' free manual trading system:

http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=6871.0;topicseen

Or if you want to try EAs, search for the threads here on DF for the following free EAs: 

1) TrendOSOB - a free trend scalper
2) MACD Turbo - a free MA cross swing trader

As they are free you should learn and spend some time optimizing these EAs if you are going to use them live.

Don't over trade that account!  It will be very very easy to overtrade a $20 account.

For the people saying there's no point to start with just $20, I disagree.  It's a great learning opportunity, with huge upside potential and the most he can lose is 20 bucks from pocket.  Live trading is always better than demo trading IMO especially if you are learning.  The trick is to not lose too much learning!  That's why you should go with the cent account but treat it like a real account (just trade cent lots initially).

All the best!  Don't be too greedy, master the basics first.  Turn that $20 into $100 before you ever dream of putting big money on the line!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:39:54 PM by ultracat »

Offline Viktory

• VIP
  • Find your way and focus...
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
Yeah, good advice Ultracat! :)
Of course I was joking about Dmitry... Pure sarcasm ;)

Cheers!
Vic

Offline ultracat

• All business.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
I knew you were joking but I just wanted to give people with little/no money wanting to start out some hope.  Yes, you can start with only $20.  It will take you a LONG time to get anywhere but you can definitely start.  I wish I had learned my lessons on a $20 account instead of the $10,000 account I started with ha ha!   :(

Offline donalduck

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »
Actually $20 is not a big capital for trading but if you have a win-streak, you can earn enough to buy a Mac Donald. Some brokers offer initial deposit from cent (Forex4You) and even $1 but I only know:
- Exness, $25
- FXCM $50
- RoboForex $25
- FXNET $25
- HotForex $5

Large Initial deposit: FxPro & IC Market

Offline Cheesyfinger

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
I think most of the more recent threads are more realistic here, if you're a newbie to fx like i' am go demo for a while and if u perform then go live.. but expect to lose the initial deposit as a "learning fee."

I saw a good suggestion in another forum if you can only afford $20 a month save it and accumulate it for a few months while you trade demo and learn about forex, then come back with a higher deposit for greater flexibility.

Offline donalduck

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 08:27:55 AM »
Actually $20 is a small money but not too small in my country, Vietnamese. so I prefer trading live with only $5 :D

Offline fxman

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
$20 means 2000 cents and to maintain a healthy mm you have to trade it in cent account with $20 and have to set your mind like you are trading with $2000. So if you can think like that you can survive long time with $20. So my suggestions to any trader trading with $20 are trade with cent account , choose 1cent/pip and use constant lot size , never increase your lot size after having some winning trades or to take revenge against losses.