collapse

Author Topic: Have you ever thought about giving up trading in forex?  (Read 11536 times)

Offline Angelnish

Have you ever thought about giving up trading in forex?
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:41 AM »
Are you usually losing money during your trading in forex?
How much are you losing now?
If you have lost so much money in forex market,have you ever thought about giving up trading in forex?
For me,I have ever thought about giving up trading.While,it is my friend who just encourages me that it is a global market can grow bigger and bigger. It is a place for of chances.You can make it.
Now I am still stick to my trade now.
What about you, guys?

Offline SimonTemplar

Re: Have you ever thought about giving up trading in forex?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »
It was clear to me from the outset, through my own research, that currency trading takes a long time to master.  I was hoping to make it a career, so was not put off at all by the thought of it taking a few years to become competent, and the possibility that I might turn out to be one of the ones just not cut out for it.  Indeed, I would have been far more put off had the prevailing view been that anyone can pick this up in a matter of weeks!  I have a degree, that took me four years to acquire.  The training programme for my former career was two years.  These days I am a trader, and again I had to put the time - and establish my own potential, whether this is for me - before I was genuinely confident in that.

So personally no, I have not ever thought about quitting, as I was prepared for the long haul from the outset.  It was tough and occasionally dispiriting early on, but then that is true of most new areas of expertise one might try to master.

My personal view is that many newer traders talk of quitting because the reality of currency trading has shown up gaps in their original research.

ST

Offline youth

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »
Not everyone created equal, different individual might take different amount of effort to master or find your success in this path. In the end, as long as u don't give up, soon u will find your way.

At least, this is what i believed deeply.

Offline SimonTemplar

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
I'd agree with that.  Not everyone is cut out to be everything in life, we all have inherent strengths and weaknesses.  And, as you say, we all take differing amounts of time to learn any new skill.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
Think about it, it takes MANY years of training to become a doctor, and attorney, any profession really - there is theory to learn, then there is practice to conduct, mistakes to be made and corrected, mental focus and attitude to be aligned, this is common to any career, why should trading be any different? It *should* take a while to master, just dont give up.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline SimonTemplar

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
Think about it, it takes MANY years of training to become a doctor, and attorney, any profession really - there is theory to learn, then there is practice to conduct, mistakes to be made and corrected, mental focus and attitude to be aligned, this is common to any career, why should trading be any different? It *should* take a while to master, just dont give up.

Quite right - I'm constantly shocked at how many people seem to expect to win big in their first year.

Offline tradingteacher

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:11 PM »
Are you usually losing money during your trading in forex?
How much are you losing now?
If you have lost so much money in forex market,have you ever thought about giving up trading in forex?
For me,I have ever thought about giving up trading.While,it is my friend who just encourages me that it is a global market can grow bigger and bigger. It is a place for of chances.You can make it.
Now I am still stick to my trade now.
What about you, guys?

When I first started trading I was getting bashed about by the market really badly.
However I knew there were millions to be made (I see there is a compounding calculator here, check out that at 20% - this is only about 200 pips a month on 3% risk) so I buckled in and rode the rollercoaster lol.

Now I know I will trde until I die or the market does lol

Totally in love with the game - not to mention the money.

Offline fxman

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »
In my first year in forex trading I faced margin call in every month . After having every margin call I started to think that forex trading is not for me. I have to leave it. But I came back every time as I addicted by forex trading. Also those losses help me to learn many things. Now I am making profit in every month. I make my mind as steel ball. Without steel mind it is difficult to persist in forex trading that what I have learned.

Offline ituglobal

• Paxforex
  • Trading with peace of mind
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »
There were those who were passionate about trading, but today, everything has finally ebbed out. Dont give up! No matter how bad things are right now, no matter how hopeless your situation is; it doesnt matter how many people have told you to your face that you cant make it in trading. Things will turn around your tide. 
Trading has become a calling!

Offline Jira

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »
Don't give up friends.I have made loss more time in Forex but I never gave up hope as I knew this I can be a successful trader..... So after getting loss I learned more about Forex and practiced in demo..... Now I can make some profit in real and trying to make more better profit.....

No traders is perfect - everyone make some loss. Nowadays I changed a little my strategy of trading-Inow i compete against other trader in a 1on1 challenge or tournament in a trading game. I find this one more profitable and is very easy to get on. so try to diversify your way of trading- you can get profits on other way. :'(

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »
As long as you are trading money you can afford to lose, each time you trade you should be learning and you will improve either by manual trading or finding the right combination of EAs to suit your requirements.

Start by regarding each deposit to a broker as money you have already spent. If you are unable to do that, run on demo accounts instead until you have built up your confidence.

But never ever trade on credit. That is the way to financial disaster.

Offline yoyo97

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:42 AM »
hello,
I began to trade there are more than 5 years, I lost money on the market for several years, since one year I am positive this is a very tough market and you have to learn a lot and read books on the subject

Offline Rambo35

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:35:17 AM »
No, it never crossed my mind. I would have not started the long process to learn how to trade if I had in mind to give up.

Offline seawater

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
Just last friday I thought of leaving the damn forex market but now I am relax. That thinking was the result of straight 2 days loss on high impact news. It is quite natural when we loss and want to leave trading.

Offline Forexrider

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
From my three years of trading experience there have been times at the start of my trading career that i have lost some really considerable amount of money and thats when i realized the importance of education regarding the forex market and restarted my trading career again. But never thought of quitting it once for all.

* Recent Posts

Re: FxMath Harmonic Patterns Signals By Email by FxMath
[Yesterday at 08:12:44 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by El_KaPpa
[Yesterday at 07:52:41 PM]

Re: Dux Forex by dutchie
[Yesterday at 07:49:50 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by 999cjb
[Yesterday at 06:00:36 PM]

Re: FOREX - An Easy Way To Lose Money by equityfx
[Yesterday at 03:50:39 PM]

Re: Who is making money in Forex? by equityfx