collapse

Author Topic: EA Controller  (Read 16523 times)

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: EA Controller
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2017, 01:00:24 AM »
Progress with USDCHF testing

Have clawed back some more losses with the reverse entry EA over the past week, having reset the MA of the Controller from 10 to 20 closed trades/periods. So since 25 Sep the EA has been in DD losing some $52; but the reverse entry version of the EA is $48 in profit over the same period.
(Note that having set the MA for the Controller to 20, then the EA has never been out of DD as shown on the graph below; and hence I am not noting the $90 loss that occurred when the MA had been set to 10 previously. Refer Reply #144).

Market conditions are still not favouring the USDCHF 482310 strategy and so the version used to monitor market conditions is still in DD.
However, since the reverse entry version has been triggered to trade during this DD period, we are sitting at a tiny profit, so let's say net zero gain or loss.
Gaining capital is obviously our aim in trading but preserving capital in unfavourable markets also has a role to play.
That is what the EA Controller sets out to do; and is currently doing for this EA.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2017, 05:01:15 AM »
Momentum-based version of the EA Controller

The current version of the EA Controller uses a MA of closed profit/loss to indicate whether an EA is in uptrend (making money) or in downtrend (losing money).
We now have a new version of the Controller which uses the RSI (momentum) calculation of closed profit/loss to decide whether the EA is in uptrend or downtrend.
Not sure at this stage which version will work better, but at least we now have a choice. And it might be easier to work with setting a RSI level rather than altering the MA period.
Two levels can be set; one to signal an uptrend, when above a level; and one to signal a downtrend when below a set RSI level.

A couple of comparative examples are shown below.

I will commence testing the two in tandem.

Decision looming

We now have both a MA and a RSI-based version of the EA Controller. See image below. At this stage it is hard to tell which one will work better.

With the USDCHF trial we will soon have to make a decision as to which signal to go with. Closed profit/loss above its SMA 20; or RSI 10 above 50? (I chose RSI 10 since we don't have many trades to play with so choosing a RSI 20 at this stage would give us only a very short RSI history.)
Or maybe they will signal at the same time.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »
More testing, including a different way

A colleague has lent me his VPS for the remaining two months of the contract, so we can run some more tests of this system.

For starters, am now running two different FXAE EAs in the same way as I have been testing the USDCHF - see recent previous Posts.

But also trying out a slightly different system where we run the same three copies of the EA (normal, 0.01 as monitoring EA, and 0.1 normal entry and 0.1 reverse entry). However in this case, all three versions are running continuously with the two Controllers now controlling copies of the DIY Trade Manager Plus. So instead of an EA being turned off, the TM reduces the SL to 10 (from 50) and reduces the TP to 50 (from 60). So instead of being off, the EAs can still make a profit; if not, the trade will be closed at a very small loss.
This could be helpful during flat-lining periods as described in previous Post.

http://diytrademanagerplus.com/
http://exceptionalfx.com/ea-controller/
http://www.fxautotraderelite.com/

Progress with EA Controller controlling the DIY Trade Manager Plus

The EA, 48164, has now completed 6 trades and so the TMs have been activated since the MA has been set to 5. This is a bit tight but it gets our testing under way.

So all three copies of the EA are running continuously with the corresponding TMs varying SL and TP depending on whether the monitoring EA is in uptrend or downtrend. Currently just sitting in uptrend after a few losses.

Results to date are as shown below. Which shows we have been lucky in that the reverse entry EA has been in play and has made a nice profit over this short period.

48164 is the monitoring EA trading at 0.01 lot; 648164 is the normal entry version trading at 0.1 lot; and 948164 is the reverse entry version trading at 0.1 lot.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2017, 12:55:38 AM »
Comparing Results

I am currently testing two different ways of using the Controller with the same two EAs - FXAE V48164 and a 3rd party EA, VFX London Breakout; the version which has both a normal entry and a reverse entry.

In the first test the Controller is directly controlling the EAs; in the second test the Controller is controlling the Trade Managers linked to the two versions - normal entry and reverse entry (as described in previous Post).

At this stage the use of the TM is showing the better result but that is partly due to the fact that in this mode both the normal entry and reverse entry are trading from the start and the TM does not kick in till after the first five trades.

Once we have traded a bit longer I will explain the performance in more detail.

At this stage it is just nice to see that both systems are in profit.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2017, 11:34:45 PM »
Release your creative juices and have some fun for just $100 in 2018

I am finalising the documentation for a special package of my three forex trading tools for just $100 for use throughout 2018.

There are lots of things you can do with these, especially in combination as per my previous Post. And 30 days or 60 days is not enough time to do the proper testing; hence I will do a full 12 month licence for all three trading tools for just $100 in 2018. This will include the SET files required to run the test I am reporting on most recently.

(The money will not be refundable but you will get to keep at least one of the tools with a lifetime licence. And the opportunity to keep all three at a 50% discount with the $100 counting towards the payment. I will post a special link for this in the next week or so.)

The first 30 day test results for two different ways of running the two EAs are shown below.

PS The USDCHF test is running at just under BE at this stage. Took a couple of hits recently.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
Still ahead with a "losing" EA

I have been trading FXAE V482310 USDCHF H1 since 25 Sep using the Controller system in which we trade both the normal entry and reverse entry versions of the EA depending on the performance curve - in uptrend or downtrend.

Currently the EA is still in a drawn-out downtrend. Top image

However the system as a whole is still in profit. Bottom image.

I am now also testing this EA with the system that uses the Trade Manager for the Controlling. But too early to share any data.

(And I have almost completed updating the User Guide for the Controller. Just need to make a couple of short videos to illustrate the methodology and setup.)

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »
Release your creative juices and have some fun for just $100 in 2018

I am finalising the documentation for a special package of my three forex trading tools for just $100 for use throughout 2018.

There are lots of things you can do with these, especially in combination as per my previous Post. And 30 days or 60 days is not enough time to do the proper testing; hence I will do a full 12 month licence for all three trading tools for just $100 in 2018. This will include the SET files required to run the test I am reporting on most recently.

(The money will not be refundable but you will get to keep at least one of the tools with a lifetime licence. And the opportunity to keep all three at a 50% discount with the $100 counting towards the payment. I will post a special link for this in the next week or so.)

The first 30 day test results for two different ways of running the two EAs are shown below.

PS The USDCHF test is running at just under BE at this stage. Took a couple of hits recently.

What you will get and how you might use it

Since I am going to be away for a week, I will delay the release of the Special Package until the weekend after next, 16 December. That way I can be sure to to be able to respond quickly to any questions or issues.

In the meantime, I have finished the first video which covers the setup and illustrates one of the systems you can set up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7n2Ec8ZRZM

I will be following that up later this year or early next year with a couple more including how to use the tools with the FX Blue Trade Copier to generate reverse entry trades; and on using the Controller with the Trade Manager instead of the EA direct.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
Set to go!

The Special Package of DIY ForexSkills trading tools is now available - for just $100 with a licence till 31 December 2018.

And only available for one week until 22 December 2017.

Please order via this special link and I will email you the complete package within 12 hours (usually much quicker but I do need to sleep some time.)

https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2

For details about this special offer, please see the previous Post.

After 31 days of trading using the system approach with the Controller operating on the Trade Manager on two of the EAs supplied, the results are as shown.

EURJPY is magic 112237 series and EURUSD is 48164 series.

Online Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
Set to go!

The Special Package of DIY ForexSkills trading tools is now available - for just $100 with a licence till 31 December 2018.

Please order via this special link and I will email you the complete package within 12 hours (usually much quicker but I do need to sleep some time.)

https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2

After 31 days of trading using the system approach with the Controller operating on the Trade Manager on two of the EAs supplied, the results are as shown.

Please give us a myfxbook "verified account" to examine.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2017, 09:51:15 PM »
Set to go!

Please give us a myfxbook "verified account" to examine.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hello Humble Trader

As you know I am a FX Blue Publisher man rather than myfxbook. Over the next week or so I will make available 4 or perhaps 5 links to demo accounts via FX Blue Publisher on which i will be conducting my experiments with the trading tools that comprise this Special Package - $100 for a full one year licence of the Autotrader, Trade Manager and EA Controller. That is less than $3 per month for each of the three products.

The purpose of this special offer is to give people a chance to try out these products.

So, for those who only have time and/or interest to run a standard EA, this package is not for you. Better off buying a $300 to $500 robot from the many available. And just let it run.

On the other hand if, for example, you want to "program" your own EAs, this will be an opportunity to try the FX Autotrader to do just that.

Or if you want to see if and how the Trade Manager, alone or under the control of the EA Controller, can improve the performance of your existing EAs, then this is your chance.

Or maybe you want to control the copying of trades, again using the EA Controller, to achieve better performance from your EAs. Note that you can use the FX Blue Copier to invert trades also, giving you even more possibilities.

So although I will be sharing my results via the FX Blue Publisher app, I am not trying to use those results to convince anyone to buy the Special Package.

The purpose of the Special package is to give people cheap access to a set of trading tools, for a WHOLE YEAR. To see if one or all three of them will help give them better results in forex trading. By all means duplicate what I am doing as I share the setups via email and/or video as well as on this Forum over the year, but hopefully you can try out those methods on your own EAs as well.

So hopefully we will have some interesting and lively discussions and sharing of experiments and results.

(And yes, I am a scientist by training so experimentation is in my blood!   :)  )

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #160 on: Yesterday at 04:14:54 AM »
Monitoring the Performance

At this stage I have two trials underway. Both began on 14 Nov 2017.

In one, we are trading FXAE 48164 (EURUSD) and VFX 1.4 (EURJPY), modified with the Controller code, and using the Trade Manager on the normal entry or reverse entry version of the EAs to vary the TP and SL depending on whether the EA is in uptrend or downtrend. At this early stage the MA on the Controller is set to 5. We will increase that over time to avoid too much whipsaw.

In the second, we are trading these same EAs as well as FXAE 481614 (EURUSD) but letting the Controller control the EAs directly rather than via the Trade Manager.

So at this stage in order to compare the two systems, you will need to filter out the FXAE 481614 trades on the FX Blue Publisher app for account 20469928

When we do this we can see that using the Controller with the Trade Manager is far superior, at least at this stage. See image below. That is good news since the Controller cannot communicate directly with 3rd party EAs, unless modified with the Controller code, but we now don't need to since can use the Trade Manager to do the work for us. (We would still need to find a way to invert the trades from a 3rd party EA, but we can use the FX Blue Trade Copier, on the same MT4, to do that as I will show early next year.)

Trading Performance of the different Systems
NOTE: You must use the Filter to set Start date to 14 Nov 2017. These are old accounts, reloaded to $10K, and these tests only started on 14 Nov 2017)

Controlling the Trade Manager - https://www.fxblue.com/users/20419063
Controlling the EA - https://www.fxblue.com/users/20469928

Offline Nadir

« Reply #161 on: Yesterday at 10:10:51 AM »
Hi, as I understood the EA Controller is giving permissions to an EA depending on the parameters given to give that permission. But if the EA then had permission to trade and opened a trade the EA will manage the trade completely normal, yes?

And the Trade Manager lets the EA open to its own entry point but then the TM will manage the opened trade with SLs and TPs? Will it override the attempts of the EA to change SLs and TPs? How come they don't fight for eternity against each other with setting tp and sl?

And is it possible to Backtest an EA with the Trade Manager?

Thanks
Regards

Gesendet von meinem S8 mit Tapatalk

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #162 on: Yesterday at 10:26:56 AM »
Hi, as I understood the EA Controller is giving permissions to an EA depending on the parameters given to give that permission. But if the EA then had permission to trade and opened a trade the EA will manage the trade completely normal, yes?

And the Trade Manager lets the EA open to its own entry point but then the TM will manage the opened trade with SLs and TPs? Will it override the attempts of the EA to change SLs and TPs? How come they don't fight for eternity against each other with setting tp and sl?

And is it possible to Backtest an EA with the Trade Manager?

Thanks
Regards

Gesendet von meinem S8 mit Tapatalk

Thanks for your questions. In response:

Yes, the EA will then manage its own trade as normal. The Controller only functions to enable or disable an EA to operate.
(Someone has just suggested using the profit factor as an alternative to using a Closed Profit/Loss relative to its MA to do the enabling/disabling. Will look at that.)

There is no "fighting". Whichever TP or SL level occurs first, whether as set by EA or by TM (either fixed or dynamic), will close the trade.

Unfortunately no. We cannot back test a TM, nor can we backtest a system running an EA, a TM and a Controller. That is one of the main reasons why I am making the package available for a full year. We can only forward test and that takes time, frustratingly so.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Free Scalper EA by FXautomater by donbon2
[Today at 05:37:02 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by donbon2
[Today at 04:28:22 AM]

Re: Momentum & Momentum H1 EA's by donbon2
[Today at 04:21:06 AM]

Re: FXPig by beardown4545
[Today at 03:33:06 AM]

Re: Momentum & Momentum H1 EA's by nwboater
[Today at 01:36:56 AM]