collapse

Author Topic: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds  (Read 13915 times)

Offline Tyler

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:14 AM »
what's the matter with your performance? unless is a way to keep up you thread.

Great advice from Andrew Lockwood of ForexSignals.com --
1) structure and rules for FX trading
2) Technical analysis combined with Fundamental understanding
3) Price Action
4) Being disciplined and knowing your system
https://lnkd.in/f6D3Jhe

This is how I trade too for my 40 Fund clients and 95 trade copying subscribers.
** By the way, check out Marcos @Maxima Investments too
Different style but he knows what he's talking about
https://lnkd.in/fj_GrJE

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Private Fund Trader and Signal Provider
  • "When life beats you down, never give up"
    • Signal Start
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
what's the matter with your performance? unless is a way to keep up you thread.

Great advice from Andrew Lockwood of ForexSignals.com --
1) structure and rules for FX trading
2) Technical analysis combined with Fundamental understanding
3) Price Action
4) Being disciplined and knowing your system
https://lnkd.in/f6D3Jhe

This is how I trade too for my 40 Fund clients and 95 trade copying subscribers.
** By the way, check out Marcos @Maxima Investments too
Different style but he knows what he's talking about
https://lnkd.in/fj_GrJE

Hi Tyler.

6.5% for November
12.4% for October
Not sure what you mean.  These are excellent results.

------------------------------------------------
Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM
--------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on Instagram
Follow Outside the Box HK on TRADINGVIEW

Subscribe to my Signal at
SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

Find rigorous trade performance statistics at
 FXBlue Live

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
Hi outsidetheboxhk,

I've just subscribed to your signal too.  I've started with half the risk (0.72 risk factor for a USD account) as potential 30% DD seems a little high to stomach.  I may adjust later, but do not want to be greedy.

One query - I elected to copy the take profit & stop loss values across, but only the TP is marked as 'set by the provider'.  Do you also set a SL on each trade that will get copied?

Thanks for offering your signal and I wish you continued green pips!

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2017, 01:37:43 PM »
Hi outsidetheboxhk,

I've just subscribed to your signal too.  I've started with half the risk (0.72 risk factor for a USD account) as potential 30% DD seems a little high to stomach.  I may adjust later, but do not want to be greedy.

One query - I elected to copy the take profit & stop loss values across, but only the TP is marked as 'set by the provider'.  Do you also set a SL on each trade that will get copied?

Thanks for offering your signal and I wish you continued green pips!

Ruairi

Nice to get some positive feedback.  Glad we are riding the high wave of profits!
Yes Risk Multiplier is yours to set depending on your appetite for rewards and drawdowns.
As you can see I have limited Drawdown to a maximum of 26% over the past 8 months.  I aim to limit it even more in the months ahead as I become more savvy with accurate entry levels and additional trading strategies that I am learning to employ in different environments of the market.  Market is ever changing, so we must adapt with it.

As I have commented in other threads, I only use "visible" stop losses on open trades during times of event risk and high volatility.
I have a stop loss for each trade, though, established in the trade copying software that I use on VPS, so my SL's are hidden from the public and those who may wish to harm our trades (market makers and brokers).

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

FXBlue Live

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
outsidetheboxhk, thanks for your swift reply. 

I'll leave my settings as they are then, with both TP & SL to be copied (where you physically set them).

Don't want to swamp this thread with questions as it detracts you from trading.  I'll pitch in if I've got any feedback for you as we go forward.  I'm looking ahead to some great signals.

Thank you.

Online 5ninefish

« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »
Just chiming in to add my thanks here. I recently joined up this month right after the drawdown, and it's been nothing but green so far. I started with full risk since looking back at this signal's history, I'm liking the overall monthly gain to drawdown ratio. Very impressive stuff. Great system you have going here; keep it up!

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »
outsidetheboxhk,

That's four positive trades on the trot now that you have given me since starting last week - thank you. 

All the best going forward.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »
So outsidetheboxhk, first loss booked for me today following a 'drifter' - AUDUSD long left overnight.  I saw that you had extended the stop to try and avoid getting stopped out but not to be so -65.7 pips so that puts me in the red overall.

To your credit, you are already on it to trying to recoup with a string of (admittedly smaller) winners - 5 of those on the trot since.

However there is another 'poor' AUDUSD long entry at ~0.76332 which has gone against us and is sitting at -67 pips at present and I can see you have shifted the stop to around -113 pips to keep in and below what we hope is solid support.

My gut reaction to such trades is that if they do get away then there is a lot of catching up to to with a lot of smaller TPs versus larger stops.  It's easy to say let the winners run and cut the losers, but your style is almost akin to scalping - not for a few pips but not many more than a few and with larger stops so it reminds me of scalpers which can work brilliantly and then if there are a few losers close together, that's when things get difficult to recover.

If that latest 'drifter' comes back I hope we can close it for a small loss / b/e.

Still, you have done exceptionally well this year without my mumblings so I will leave you to it.  You obviously know how to milk those small winners and string them consistently together recovering from the larger losing trades.  Profit factor has slipped from 5.99 to 5.92.  I can hardly accuse you of being of poor statistic.

As you were, you human scalper digital nomad machine!

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2017, 01:57:35 AM »
Yes whipshaw volatility on news can be of different sorts.  The type this time was probably driven by pending orders being triggered and Algos responding to GDP news data when their systems "read" it.
Anyway, I had buy and sell orders bracketing the price in order to catch some pips, but prices moved too quickly up and back down, literally 1 second.  There isn't much else to do in these situations but stay out of currency trades during news releases, which is what I work hard to attain, but sometimes (the times I have made the most significant losses) I choose to ride it out.

I continue to trade the same strategy every day, and these forex markets are a science and an art form.  You must accept randomness and periods of both profits and losses.  Not focusing on just one day, but the opportunity as a whole.  Then and only then will you have the fortitude to not give up too early, before you have mastered patience, resilience, determination, prudence, and wisdom.

My strategy uses the core concept of mean reversion, and sometimes prices take longer to revert to the mean.  This is statistically taken into consideration for risk management and money management. 

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

FXBlue Live

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »
I have received many messages so again I will write here to assure you that I continue with the same strategy that accomplished the gains so far.

All the negative and harsh feedback does not accomplish a good end. So please be confident that drawdowns are a normal part of trading and also have been factored into my Trade Strategy, Risk Management, Probability, Profit factor, Risk/Reward, and Risk % of each trade and basket of trades.

As I have said in the past when I have had a loss, these times come, and I continue to study about when and how my losses occur.
In order to make enough profit to cover subscription fees and to profit from a fund, you must stay invested at least 3 to 4 months and then make your assessment taking into consideration a good sufficient period of time.
This is the nature of trading and the professional approach to take.

The AUDUSD pair had abnormal features and factors at the time I traded, and I am re-assessing how to avoid that environment in the future and how to mitigate risks. I talked to a London trader and he told me that many market players were using trailing stop losses on the AUDUSD, and any xxxUSD pair, in the 4 days leading up to Non Farm Payrolls report released on Friday USA time. This affected the natural rhythm of the patterns that normally occur, and I decided to cut the risk before it worsened heading into a risk event like NFP.

I have recovered from 20% and 30% before. This time it is 9% which shows that I am growing in my management to not accept such large losses.

I of course will employ the same grit, analysis, hard work, and commitment to recover this time as I have done 3 or 4 times just this year.

Please be attentive to the overall curve, and how it is unproductive to jump on my case when it was not intended and I was only trading the same plan I have traded up to this point and that I have communicated from the start on my signal and Fund descriptions.

If you have any other comments or questions, I'd be happy to explain.

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

FXBlue Live

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »
My plan is to re-enter the AUDUSD basket once the market confirms a bottom on the daily and weekly timeframes and we will recover with that mean reversion after Non Farm Payrolls report Friday and also a bit of EURAUD scalping mixed in

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

FXBlue Live

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »
outsidetheboxhk,

Yes, that was an unfortunate run of long AUDUSD trades against the downward trend.  Two things happened that I can see :-

• The stop was moved from the second 'drifter' as with the first to avoid getting stopped out early which eventually got hit for -123.1 pips for me.  This was in the hope that the bottom would not breach 0.75000 and it would somehow go all the way back up to the entry.  When targetting such small TPs, do you think it is wise to have such large SLs?  If it goes the other way unexpectedly do you not want out sooner rather than holding and hoping?  As you are scalping (forgive me)
  • Another two longs were entered whilst the current drifter was still open, again hoping that the bottom had been reached but sadly it was not so these were stopped out at the same level (same SL set)

Maybe we were just unlucky here and the expecetd 'mean reversion' didn't come soon enough, but to me it ws a little worrying to enter and load up more trades in the 'wrong' direction.

This is not ciriticism, just that it goes against 'the trend is your friend' mantra that we all hear.  You are doing something that has been working so you should probably resist tempation to change it greatly, but thinking about getting out of trades that are not going as expected a little earlier may help ensure that recover does not take as long (especially when scalping small TPs).

Good luck with the recovery!

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
Ruairi

This type of mean reversion / scale-in trade system has worked during certain timeframes and certain market environments in the past.  Only one time did I have to cut a trade in the basket (as long as the money management is right) in July.  All other times the strategy has recovered.
The new challenge is how to assure less sophisticated subscribers and fund clients (with different risk tolerances and short term mindset) that the time horizon is very important .... a longer term mindset.  Regardless, if I want to trade for subscribers then I must take this into consideration.

When I was trading for myself before June, you can see how much more profitable my trading / system was with my own account.
Different strategies / at different times require different mindsets, and I employ different strategies dependent upon goals and the market.

One new long was entered on a spike AUD news release that quickly (1 second) reversed and this again was very unfortunate but can be avoided in the future by avoiding currency pairs that potentially can be affected by upcoming news.

it is very easy for followers to "correct" my decisions after they have already played themselves out.  This is the consistent problem that I face with "all knowing" subscribers who come to me and claim that they knew certain things at certain times, even though they must know much more about risk management (TP's, SL's, avoiding risk, staying abreast of constantly changing market info) in order to be as consistent as I have been.   My profit factor, recovery factor, Sharpe Ratio, and Colmar Ratio are still very very good.

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction

FXBlue Live

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »
it is very easy for followers to "correct" my decisions after they have already played themselves out.
Exactly, and I don't want to sound like I am telling you that you did it all wrong!  Stick to your system - the system you trust, and has proven itself profitable and why I signed up.

Don't take my comments as a critique  - just observation on the last basket of losing trades on the same pair, in the same direction.  I have missed the 'scaling in', methodology as not been in long enough to see such baskets open in real time and play out.  To some it may have looked like 'good money after bad', but if those trades had turned as you anticipated then there would have been jubulation.  Just be consious of how long to hold onto the losers which are moving immediately away in the wrong direction and moving stops to avoid a stop out.  There, I've done it agin now haven't I?

I'll shutup now and let you get back to it and thanks again,  for doing what you are doing.  Don't change it if it isn't broken.

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
Yea for sure.  I hear you believe me.  These are all thoughts I have every single day as a trader and money manager.
You can rest assured that I am adhering to these principles of which you spoke.  Give it time.
And I will work us back to recovery.
Sometimes taking a break after a wrong trade and then coming back with fresh Technical and Fundamental Analysis, and then applying good Risk Management is all it takes to get back into the groove again with the various strategies I use.
I have proven it in the past, so this is what I commit to once again.
Thanks for your positive mindedness and choosing to be constructive instead of immediately harsh.
It makes all the difference to we traders who have a lonely professional at times, where you don't receive thanks and credit when times are good, and the opposite gets verbalised when times are tough.

Mt Cook Financial PAMM

HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
FX Junction