collapse

Author Topic: CabEX by PhiBase  (Read 217626 times)

Offline ifouda

Re: CabEX by PhiBase
« Reply #945 on: March 07, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »
@wizard... I know its painful drawdown for cabex, but phibase has been providing updates regularly right? infact, as per the latest report phibase sent, if they had not updated to v3 we would have been better off. In 2017 I had advised them not to fall into pressure of trying satisfying their members and modifying strategy.   the drawdown on our accounts is a bit more than what phibase calls as strategy drawdown... this is due to a bad performing version 3.0 which was then updated to v3.7

Anyway, I agree with Coy0te, raybot and iprofit have had a wonderful 2017.... much more than made up for the bad year of cabex... cabex has had a great run 2014, 2015 2016.... 2017 is a case of bad drawdown and with good identifiable reason - BREXIT  >:( ... so i am running it without any interference. phibase has assured they will let us know if the strategy is going beyond its normal range.

just a quick share of how things look on my books.... i run all accounts with higher tisk that defaults, so my gains an dd will be skewed  :)

since jan 2017

cabex : -46% (risk 5)... added some additional funds to help recover in october to prevent lot size getting smaller due to the drawdown... this helps faster recovery... but i stand to lose more if the dd continues  :-\

raybot :  has been the star for me in 2017..... between +70% to +90%  (risk 10) on three different brokers....

iprofit EU, GU and Gold : +78% (risk 5) , i was running iprofit on only small portion of my funds, but have now increased allocation for gold to 75% since past 6 months. 

2017 was not the best of years, but made some decent gains... you cant make > 50% every year can you  ;D ;D

Have added their latest strategy to the same account... as usual starting off with about 25% allocation of my total funds. will increase this as my confidence grows and the ea makes some gains to cushion. this method has really helped me preserve capital and ride out drawdowns without much pain. I always benefited from starting off from day one so had no hesitation with this one too  8)

i have huge respect for phibase and been a big fan of them for a long time now. they did have some failures when they started out like synergy and turbit. but i feel since 2013, they have been getting better and the support has been great all along. 

I think we have to treat vendors as a forex trade... you take the trading call based on what factors you feel are right... if it works its a great trade... if not have your stoploss and look for next trade.  just because one trade is lost we dont stop trading, do we? just my two cents  :)

Good luck all...

I dont understand how u guys make such gains on raybot. I used raybot before with Ic markets + cns vps but I had DD. different trades than reference account.

Maybe they have different versions than others.

Offline compujock

« Reply #946 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:55 PM »
@wizard... I know its painful drawdown for cabex, but phibase has been providing updates regularly right? infact, as per the latest report phibase sent, if they had not updated to v3 we would have been better off. In 2017 I had advised them not to fall into pressure of trying satisfying their members and modifying strategy.   the drawdown on our accounts is a bit more than what phibase calls as strategy drawdown... this is due to a bad performing version 3.0 which was then updated to v3.7

Anyway, I agree with Coy0te, raybot and iprofit have had a wonderful 2017.... much more than made up for the bad year of cabex... cabex has had a great run 2014, 2015 2016.... 2017 is a case of bad drawdown and with good identifiable reason - BREXIT  >:( ... so i am running it without any interference. phibase has assured they will let us know if the strategy is going beyond its normal range.

just a quick share of how things look on my books.... i run all accounts with higher tisk that defaults, so my gains an dd will be skewed  :)

since jan 2017

cabex : -46% (risk 5)... added some additional funds to help recover in october to prevent lot size getting smaller due to the drawdown... this helps faster recovery... but i stand to lose more if the dd continues  :-\

raybot :  has been the star for me in 2017..... between +70% to +90%  (risk 10) on three different brokers....

iprofit EU, GU and Gold : +78% (risk 5) , i was running iprofit on only small portion of my funds, but have now increased allocation for gold to 75% since past 6 months. 

2017 was not the best of years, but made some decent gains... you cant make > 50% every year can you  ;D ;D

Have added their latest strategy to the same account... as usual starting off with about 25% allocation of my total funds. will increase this as my confidence grows and the ea makes some gains to cushion. this method has really helped me preserve capital and ride out drawdowns without much pain. I always benefited from starting off from day one so had no hesitation with this one too  8)

i have huge respect for phibase and been a big fan of them for a long time now. they did have some failures when they started out like synergy and turbit. but i feel since 2013, they have been getting better and the support has been great all along. 

I think we have to treat vendors as a forex trade... you take the trading call based on what factors you feel are right... if it works its a great trade... if not have your stoploss and look for next trade.  just because one trade is lost we dont stop trading, do we? just my two cents  :)

Good luck all...

I dont understand how u guys make such gains on raybot. I used raybot before with Ic markets + cns vps but I had DD. different trades than reference account.
I don't understand this either. My results are not even in the same stratosphere as Mike's. I searched MYFXBOOK for Raybot and picked the highest performing one (which is from Forexgermany).  Then I went to Custom Analysis and picked Jan 1, 2017 - Dec 31, 2017.  The result: 13.33% profit.  And with a 1.13 profit factor.  I'm not sure you would have much profit if any left after commissions.  So, what's your trick Mike?  I would love to be making 70% - 90% when others are making 10% - 13%!  Please share how we can replicate your results.  My results are similar to Forexgermany's results for 2017 (actually Forexgermany's results are better than mine).

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/raybot/1501113

Offline compujock

« Reply #947 on: March 28, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
I just read Mike's post over again more carefully.  He says, "raybot :  has been the star for me in 2017..... between +70% to +90%  (risk 10) on three different brokers...."

So, taking Forexgermany's result of 13% (and Mike upped the risk), so let's say the result is almost doubled to 25%, and then he's running it on 3 accounts, so now the 25% triples to 75%.  So, I can see how he can claim 70% - 90%.  But running 3 accounts at risk of 10 is like running 1 account at risk of 30.  And if the result for 2017 had been -13% instead of +13%, that would have been a 75% loss!  Personally, I'm not in to taking that kind of risk.  I'm in this for the long haul.  Too bad.  I was hoping he had a trick to safely make 70% - 90% per year.   :)

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
CabEX by PhiBase
« Reply #948 on: March 29, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »
Even backrest is not convincing to be profitable in real account. My real account can’t even match forexgermany.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #949 on: March 30, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »
Sorry.. no magic trick up my sleeve  ;D  its a certain degree of calculated risk + confidence that recovery will be seen......  yeah, i know it does sound lame  ::)

Forexgerman runs 0.01 lots so the risk per trade seems to be half of what is normal... so i suppose gain of 13% would be ~about 30-40% at normal risk...

I use higher risk of 10... dd had reached 35% in june last year at which point i had refilled the account with the lost amount to adjust for lot sizing from becoming too small - for me this is okay and has worked out well when running at higher risk. raybot had recovered from july  and reached made its high equity in feb this year  8).

i do not think it would be comparing apples to apples if you take my results which is skewed by higher risk and capital infusion method i have found to work for me.... basically i adjust capital to original amount after a loss of between 15 to 20% and once again when loss is reached 30 to 40% at my higher risk level.  for doing this i had to be confident that the strategy is good... i have been doing this with cabex as well... its just had its second reflll this month... i am hoping the fall will hold at max dd and recover... if it does recover, i will gain back faster... if it dips down further.... it will be bad, but i am taking a calculated risk here... gains from raybot and iprofit covers losses.... so my capital is still intact... this would be most important. cabex has done well over past several years for me and has given the required cushion for me to take this level of risk... i was not doing this kind of risky management during first couple of years....

it would be more even to just compare pips made per month between ref account and our account... if major diff is seen it would be best to consult with the phibase guys..... they have helped me in past several times.... one of the best support .... 

hope this clarifies.... sorry if my skewed results misled any of you. and also for discussing more of raybot here on cabex thread  :P
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #950 on: April 01, 2018, 11:43:52 PM »
New update out for cabex 4.0. good to see them addressing this DD. but the update isn't overly impressive in the comparison. bigger dds. just less of them.

Offline informer

« Reply #951 on: May 10, 2018, 01:53:12 PM »
V4.0  loads of nice graphs , but anyone making any money with it ?

http://cabex.phibase.com/V4/index.html

are any of there product profitable anymore as the vendor has been around for a long time ...

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #952 on: May 10, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »
V4.0  loads of nice graphs , but anyone making any money with it ?

http://cabex.phibase.com/V4/index.html

are any of there product profitable anymore as the vendor has been around for a long time ...

Just look at this account:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/cabex/1134749

Attached are the performance from Jan. 2017 until today. The last 17 month! this system lost 28%. Will v4 do a better job? I dont know. But i didnt trade cabex anymore and i wouldnt try it atm.

Raybot is doing well looking at this account:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/raybot/1501113

Attached the last 17 month of raybot. Solid 20% with a DD of around 9%. Is it worth trading raybot? With a big account on a solid serious broker this is the only ea i know which is making constant money since Feb. 2016. Look at the graph. Its realy a nice uptrend and made 60% with a low DD of 9%. Assuming that this trend will continue raybot could be the best choice for a big account. You can sleep well. Raybot will never blow your account and vendor is top-notch.

Imho brexit is a big factor why cabex strategy stumble. I will wait and watch the cabex account for any recovery sign of v4.

This is Cabex Raybot Iprofit portfolio account:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/raybot/cabex-raybot-iprofit/2229791

Not worth to talk about. You see a bad performance from Aug. 2017 until now with -7%.
DD 21% Custom analysis shows Iprofit with -4.71%. Attached is the picture.

With this short analysis i would only consider raybot as the ea to go now.

hope it helps
best regards
Mark

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:10:29 PM by Tradenow »

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #953 on: May 10, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »
Phibase guys run several things on this account... so it is not a correct cabex & raybot.... if you filter cabex and raybot trades it shows some modest gains of +523 pips.

raybot by itself has gained over 1000 pips in past one year  8)

I run iprofit on EU, GU and gold. it is currently in a dd since late march... lost about -500 pips. It had gained about 1500 pips since 2017 before the recent dd happened.  gold is currently losing... it had been winning for several years now..... taking a breather i guess.

cabex had a bad year in 2017. partly due to the over zealous attempts by  phibase guys to make v3 to handle brexit which back fired. letting v2 run as it is would have taken the winning streak up until june 2017.... v3 was not good and only contributed some additional losses.  actual real dd happened since july 2017 to match this year... a deep dd which took it to its historical max dd. I know how it hurts.... i run it at risk 5 so you can imagine :-D..... but i have been running it non stop since 2013 and this current loss of 1200 pips is less than 25% of the gains it has made for me so far.... normal and to be expected, right?  :'(

V4 has had a good start... We saw a 250 pipper trade after a very very long time. so things should be good with cabex... phibase is a very knowledgeable and sincerely vendor. One of the rare few who have survived the Donna Forex battle field.

eas are only tools... its up to us to make profit from them.... I think finding a good strategy, believing in it and knowing when it is failing is important to make profits... most stop when they lose - it is important to know if the loss is normal or has a tangible reason. If the ea is performing like its is expected then losses within its tolerance should not be the basis for judging. We dont mind seeing 20% loss in backtest, we dont like to see such a loss during recent real trading... 

suppose you buy a  system which has won for 3 years, how do you know the 20% dd is not just right ahead... this is impossible to tell. understanding the trading style and market is traders job. some vendors like phibase do this in addition to selling the ea.

hope this helps... wanted to post for a long time... just did not find enough motivation to do so... TradeNow's post certainly opened up the debate  :D

Good luck people!
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #954 on: May 10, 2018, 06:44:15 PM »
hope this helps... wanted to post for a long time... just did not find enough motivation to do so... TradeNow's post certainly opened up the debate  :D

Hi Mike,

good to see you here and fine that i motivated you  :)
Thanks for the correction. Didnt noticed that there is another ea on this account:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/raybot/cabex-raybot-iprofit/2229791

But filtering Cabex Raybot and Iprofit the result isnt realy better: -1379.5 PIPS
Attached is the screenshot.

I still wouldnt consider to trade those three eas as a portfolio atm. Especially if you didnt have a licence and have to buy one. Raybot is still the only ea which is consistent. But this all can be obsolete end of the year if cabex is recovering and iprofit on gold too.
Time will tell....  :D

May the pips be with you my friend!
Mark

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:45:48 PM by Tradenow »

Online phibase

• Verified Vendor
  • Donna Forex Verified Vendor (Basic)
« Reply #955 on: May 11, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
CabEX strategy had gained over +6000 pips between May 2013 to Jan 2017 and the drawdown in since February 2017 - March 2018 was due to a major weakness in CabEX V2.0 and V3.7 strategy due to which it was not able to handle long term flag patterns - The earlier version could not identify  longer term patterns since it only read 3 weeks of previous price action. We had talked about these long term flags in past technical reports but the duration of such patterns was limited for a few weeks at most and recovery was swift. The Brexit negotiations/re-elections/in-decisions have all made the sloping range extend into a yearlong pattern. Such occurrences are rarely seen once in one or two decades. 

CabEX v4, takes into account the price action of about 4 months and is able to identify patterns, levels and price action even on daily and weekly time frame.  The new strategy is capable of handling flag patterns and we have tested the strategy not only on just historical back tests, but also using dozens of simulated price action models to prove its robustness. CabEX strategy is always good and is now stronger with the weakness eliminated.

Last week GBPUSD Fell out of the long term flag in which it was trapped for well over a year.  While CabEX v4.0 would have been able to profit even from such long term flag patterns (a major weakness of V2/3x), it was important to check the reliability of  the V4.0's capabilities with other probable unseen price action situations that could be coming up in future.   One of the major developments at Phibase is the simulated price action testing - Our team has created dozens of future price action model  for the next one year. The EA has been tested on this data to prove its the ability to produce intended results. We feel the simulated price action testing is better than Monte Carlo analysis which merely gives a worst case drawdown scenario which is found to be of no practical use for most traders. 

Simulated price action tests for 2018-2019 and comparative study of performance/trades between version 3.7 and 4.0 are presented on the update information page at : http://cabex.phibase.com/V4/index.html

On MyFxBook, Gold pips are displayed 10x of Forex pips.

Results of Phibase Portfolio (pips) is given below:

As a portfolio the equity is flat due to DD seen in CabEX and more recently in iProfit Gold. The three strategies are well diversified and balanced offering support to each other during losing phases which are inevitable.

Only Gold is being run with iProfit as part of Phibase portfolio.

FXBlue cumulative pip chart for iProfit (All pairs 2013-2018) is shown below for your reference:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:01:59 AM by phibase »

Offline carlos.fsa

« Reply #956 on: May 11, 2018, 02:52:13 AM »
I run RayBOT on IC Markets and EURUSD is not working like forexgermany, I dont know why. Based in the last six months, that it count for me, EURUSD and USDCAD brought losses and AUDUSD 225 pips. Very disappointed.

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
« Reply #957 on: May 11, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
I run RayBOT on IC Markets and EURUSD is not working like forexgermany, I dont know why. Based in the last six months, that it count for me, EURUSD and USDCAD brought losses and AUDUSD 225 pips. Very disappointed.

It sure is malfunctioning... I run on ICM and its almost exactly same as fxgerman's account. I remember Anchorpoint also posting similar on ICM.

vendor is very good and supportive.. its better to make use of it and not wait till such huge difference in trades happen. I see very little by way of what we can cause such major difference.... parameters are all default... unless you changed auto optimizing to false  which could lead to very different results..... it should be set to true so that the parameters are in sync with phibase parameters...

i get in touch with the vendor on regular basis.... even if there are few variations in trade (saw quite a few early last year) i ask them about it and they have always been providing technically sound information..... just gives peace of mind and helps build up confidence in the system. our feedback also helps them improve.

Offline Ibiz

« Reply #958 on: December 05, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
Very strange system , new update =new low :'(

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Clock adjustments by Varase
[Today at 05:55:10 AM]

Re: How do i get started? by Weumin
[Today at 05:52:06 AM]

Halifax Investment Services info re GOING BUST by outsidetheboxhk
[Today at 05:07:42 AM]