collapse

Author Topic: Money and robots  (Read 994 times)

Offline pipsbuster

Re: Money and robots
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
What publicly available EAs are you currently trading live long term?

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »
One positive about all this is Wallstreet Forex Robots and his bots: He is willing to constantly monitor this site, involved in our discussions, help out where he can and constantly update his bots to meet market needs. Kudos to him and many thanks for his support!  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
One positive about all this is Wallstreet Forex Robots and his bots: He is willing to constantly monitor this site, involved in our discussions, help out where he can and constantly update his bots to meet market needs. Kudos to him and many thanks for his support!  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

All of his bots have been stagnant for many months and I believe the topic starter aims at profiting from his trading.

Offline nwboater

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Yes he deserves lots of kudo's and further thanks for the gift of Best Free Scalper. His whole approach is very unique!

For the past few years I primarily used Signals. It seems the good ones are turning to managed accounts so I am again starting to run bots.

My portfolio has EA's each on separate accounts. That may change in the future. I am, running the following listed in order of their portfolio allocation with the first having the most: Best Scalper, WS Asia, Best Free Scalper, Trend Detector and Diamond.

Once I can spend more time developing how to best run BFS I will probably give it more allocation and Asia less.

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (All run on separate accounts):
Wall Street: Volatility Factor 46%, Wall Street 2 23%, Diamond 11%, Trend Detector 5%.
Cyborg 15%

On Hold: Best Free Scalper & Best Scalper.

Broker: IC Markets
VPS's: Amazon EC2 & Beeks.
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
What publicly available EAs are you currently trading live long term?

The only public EAs I'm running right now are SFE on moderate risk, Best Scalper on like 3% (4 charts so still high) and Forex Cyborg which has been pretty nifty but also on small risk. I'm thinking of switching Momentum back on and allocating it some capital but for now it's turned off.

The majority of private EAs I run are price action and some that use a variety of indicators like RSI. nothing too jazzy but over time they do very well and looking into developing that kind of broad portfolio is something I'd strongly reccomend to anyone, I'm just objecting to your characterization that EAs all end up being losers when they run into a sustained loss period. That's not been my experience at all but if you're over trading and expect to triple your account every year, I could see how someone would start to think like that.

I also have the luxury of trading multiple accounts with significant capital in each so I'm not trying to retire quickly off of $5k or something. What I'd like to say at the risk of repeating myself though is that even with a small amount of capital, someone can turn that small amount of capital into something very significant and very profitable if they're patient. I think the most common problem I see on forums like this is rank impatience.

I mean, it's fine to have some fun with forex and get silly risky sometimes but silly risky is indeed silly risky. That can go bad just as easily as it can go good.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 08:51:02 PM »
I bought a tonne of EAs and now I dont buy anymore - as honestly waste of money

but Best Scalper it makes money but even me I dont run risk through the roof
Best Free Scalper same thing - makes money but I dont use crazy risk

FTD and Forex Diamond - look most of these bots failed and have now been improved - so they are on a seperate account running smaller risk

but with this EALab I can take ideas make them myself where I control the strategy so they dont martingale and do what they are supposed too --- this is better than commercial eas

my big problem with the forum and many people -- they think you can spend $500 and get an EA that can trade any market all the time -- markets change and backtests are faked - and strategies fail -- you got to figure out how to customize things so they last longer

anyway you gotta control your EAs and your money or just forget it
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)
Forex Diamond - EUR + GBP + YEN (very small account)

(Martingale Trend Strategy - Zone/Parabolic/SuperTrend
 starting lot size 0.01)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Yes he deserves lots of kudo's and further thanks for the gift of Best Free Scalper. His whole approach is very unique!

For the past few years I primarily used Signals. It seems the good ones are turning to managed accounts so I am again starting to run bots.

My portfolio has EA's each on separate accounts. That may change in the future. I am, running the following listed in order of their portfolio allocation with the first having the most: Best Scalper, WS Asia, Best Free Scalper, Trend Detector and Diamond.

Once I can spend more time developing how to best run BFS I will probably give it more allocation and Asia less.

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod... I too am running the same bots and a few others.

What we should be concerned here is the BIG bots; I mean bots created by large institutions like banks which spend millions on artificial intelligence AI, which in ways may take advantage of such Asian time frames and rick havoc by gobbling up small trading bots in counter trades and the like... that is scary!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-04-05/wall-street-s-big-banks-are-waging-an-all-out-technological-arms

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Jax

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »
I think only 10% from commercial robots create profit.
My aim - create portfolio of robots with different strategies, with different trade time, different pairs, different logic, without martingale and grid, without hedge.
How you think, it will work?

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 03:20:15 PM »
Imho the biggest problem is the trader itself expecting too much from ea trading.
Greed and systems who promise big gains in a short time will lead you directly to a disaster.
Here is a system which made constant profits.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/raybot/1501113
Look at the chart and you will see a steady slow grow. This is a perfect chart with a
DD <9%. The only system i would run with decent money.
But 18% a year are totally bland for 99% of the forex traders. They want more.
Because they are not trading with 100k. But if you have 100k or more to trade with i would suggest such a system like raybot.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:22:08 PM by Tradenow »

Offline Jax

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
Imho the biggest problem is the trader itself expecting too much from ea trading.
Greed and systems who promise big gains in a short time will lead you directly to a disaster.
Look at the chart and you will see a steady slow grow. This is a perfect chart with a
Because they are not trading with 100k. But if you have 100k or more to trade with i would suggest such a system like raybot.

Thanks for your suggestion.  :)
Few month ago, i drew attention to this EA, talked with the seller, they provided me with full information about robot, but didn't dare to buy.
How long you run this EA?

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

I agree with you, Tradenow and there are numerous tested bots out there that have a long and successful trading history. Trading history is the most important factor:

Take, for instance, BS. If one were to engage trading it late May-June/17 of last year, the only month of losses, they would soon discard the bot. With today's longer-term data, many more people are jumping in with high-risk settings of 20-40%!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
Thanks for your suggestion.  :)
Few month ago, i drew attention to this EA, talked with the seller, they provided me with full information about robot, but didn't dare to buy.
How long you run this EA?

Since it was introduced with interruption. Was playing around with many systems the last years. Raybot seems to be a good choice if you want to start now with high capital.
Cabex is struggeling since brexit and i wouldnt suggest to combine it atm.
But mikepipmaker is much more into high capital trading with phibase eas like raybot and his last comments can be found in the cabex thread.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »
I think BS is really in a class by itself for Asian Scalpers .. not everyone likes them - and if you take some full SL ..... it will make you mad

but overall nothing matches their performance - so got to use it while it is still working.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)
Forex Diamond - EUR + GBP + YEN (very small account)

(Martingale Trend Strategy - Zone/Parabolic/SuperTrend
 starting lot size 0.01)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
but overall nothing matches their performance - so got to use it while it is still working.

Thats the key here. Like MDP and some other eas who made tons of money in the first months i am awaiting a quick change in the near future. BS is realy a high succesful ea atm and many are jumping on that train now. All on ICM because its the only broker which will work with BS. The crash is inevitable imho.

Offline Tradenow

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »
Take, for instance, BS. If one were to engage trading it late May-June/17 of last year, the only month of losses, they would soon discard the bot. With today's longer-term data, many more people are jumping in with high-risk settings of 20-40%!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Yep and they will all land hard so to say.  ;)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Do you think you can do Forex business anytime? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:31:34 PM]

Re: What inspires you to trade? by slimboydim
[Today at 10:21:28 AM]

Re: Volatility Factor by Tyler
[Today at 07:15:56 AM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by torrie602
[Today at 02:44:34 AM]

Re: Wall Street Forex Robot by Svenson
[Yesterday at 11:34:50 PM]

Re: Volatility Factor by nick3232
[Yesterday at 10:43:42 PM]

Re: Trading Personalities -- Best Lifestyle, Goals, Values, and Psychology by reinerh
[Yesterday at 09:48:49 PM]

Re: Volatility Factor by FLechdrop
[Yesterday at 09:47:13 PM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by rsmereka
[Yesterday at 08:16:08 PM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by jwatts7701
[Yesterday at 07:07:48 PM]