collapse

Author Topic: Forex Diamond EA  (Read 160053 times)

Online donbon2

Re: Forex Diamond EA
« Reply #900 on: December 17, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »
This EA has basically one issue -- because TP are 8-25 pips and stop losses are 40-70 points -- the absolute death of it is when you hit a series of stops it takes a while to recover.

After Stefan posted his account and looked through it - it was clear which settings to use - but then this week 3 SL took away the performance ... I think it will be alright because we have removed alot of the volatility he sees in his settings but doesn't mean it is smooth sailing.

It to me is clear that markets have changed from 12 months ago - and you really have to be razor sharp in your analysis of any strategy at the moment otherwise you will be in DD straight away fighting to recover.
Broker - Pepperstone + IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2    N Virginia

EA - Best Scalper (Version 1.32 1600-1800 only on IC Live02) / Best Free Scalper EURAUD + GBPCAD / Momentum H1 Aggressive / PZ Grid / Custom built with Strat Quant

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates via reduced commission through CashBackFX
Scalping ? ... just use IC Markets thank me later.

Offline stefanosb

« Reply #901 on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »
This monday morning was a disaster on accounts that always trade. My (demo) account started working at 10 in the morning and got two good trades. That was lucky and maybe casual but trade early monday morning for me is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:32:31 PM by stefanosb »

Online donbon2

« Reply #902 on: December 20, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »
FX Automator can you look at this and see if you have any ideas.

On Stefans accounts S2 all the losses come from positions opened for 11-15 hours .. the profits come from an average much lower than this --- would it be possible to have such a thing that at 8 hours - it tries to exit the trade at breakeven .. or looks at the current range

ie  current day range is 1.3372 - 1.3420  --- it is short at 1.3375 -- and figures out a optimal loss point to close the position.

I say this as we need to reduce the average loss - and all the trades follow a similar pattern -- profit vs loss.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/stefanosb73/forex-diamond-gbp-recovery/2269046

what do u think ?

EA - Best Scalper (Version 1.32 1600-1800 only on IC Live02) / Best Free Scalper EURAUD + GBPCAD / Momentum H1 Aggressive / PZ Grid / Custom built with Strat Quant

Online wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #903 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
If I understand correctly you need to rush the exit of the trade if it stays open more than 8 hours?
This is the official donnaforex profile of the Wallstreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we can not guarantee that we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Online donbon2

« Reply #904 on: December 20, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »
yes I want to see what happens to the performance if after 8 hours it has an option to close at breakeven if possible

or if it maybe more profitable to exit the position and just wait for the next signal if the loss is like 10 points or less ... I want to try to reduce the average loss somehow .. it may work or it may look like crap and back to the drawing board.

Online wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #905 on: December 20, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »
OK, I've tried this very fast on my working version. I am doing it for you, because I know the result in advance, as I am testing different variations of this approach on every EA I develop. The thing here is that closing the trade prematurely you do not give a chance of the exit trading logic to take the best statistically possible exit. As you see the pattern is very clear. The pattern with time and close at breakeven is better, but still inferior to the original logic.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the Wallstreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we can not guarantee that we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Online donbon2

« Reply #906 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:44 PM »
makes it hard doesn't it - can't alter exit logic

I don't know really - doesn't appear to be able to changed.

What is your email ? - I just did a EURNZD 15m using PP and ATR -- if you have time take a look and see if you think anything could be improved.

Online donbon2

« Reply #907 on: December 24, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »
WS Asia +0.82%
FGI +1.32%
Evo -0.15%

I decided to just end using Evo - simply because the stops kill the small profits it makes .. the market doesn't suit it at this time -- the FGI seems good actually although I imagine Gold will drop next year - hopefully it can handle that.

WS Asia - I'm torn between using that or going with Best Free Scalper -- probably go with Best Free Scalper as WS Asia does GBPUSD and I don't need that with Best Scalper doing EURUSD and GBPUSD.

Overall some changed to make heading into 2018 -- will update the sig accounts when I settle on the new strategies.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #908 on: December 24, 2017, 04:38:22 PM »
WS Asia +0.82%
FGI +1.32%
Evo -0.15%

I decided to just end using Evo - simply because the stops kill the small profits it makes .. the market doesn't suit it at this time -- the FGI seems good actually although I imagine Gold will drop next year - hopefully it can handle that.

WS Asia - I'm torn between using that or going with Best Free Scalper -- probably go with Best Free Scalper as WS Asia does GBPUSD and I don't need that with Best Scalper doing EURUSD and GBPUSD.

Overall some changed to make heading into 2018 -- will update the sig accounts when I settle on the new strategies.

Hello, Donbon2 and Happy Holidays.

Just to clarify a point:Since your post is under the thread of ForexDiamond,  we are putting Diamond to sleep as well?

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Online donbon2

« Reply #909 on: December 25, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »
yeah I am going to retire FD - it is all about the efficient use of capital - and I am just not convinced that until the market changes that I should bother with it.

I'm thinking BS  BFS and mom H1 and I may release a few eas that I made that show potential as well.

scalpers overall are just out of sorts at the moment --- ie if I can make 15% with M H 1 - why bother with FD.

anyway I am going to make some changes and you will see the updates that I am going to use for 2018.

Online donbon2

« Reply #910 on: December 28, 2017, 11:25:14 PM »
there is no problem with FD win rate it is like 77-80%

it is just the cost of the stops

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/stefanosb73/forex-diamond-gbp-recovery/2269046

maybe it is as simple as the market changing next year -- lets see.

Online Nadir

« Reply #911 on: January 12, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
Omg please don't cite the bots, now even after post removing from the mods, the message still remains in the cite. You basically worked for the bot.

Gesendet von meinem Alpha_X mit Tapatalk

Online reinerh

« Reply #912 on: January 12, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
Omg please don't cite the bots, now even after post removing from the mods, the message still remains in the cite. You basically worked for the bot.

Gesendet von meinem Alpha_X mit Tapatalk

fixed, mods hard at work, nice.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Scalper by donbon2
[Today at 12:31:57 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by nick3232
[Yesterday at 10:51:05 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by atomico
[Yesterday at 10:46:39 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by nick3232
[Yesterday at 10:45:32 PM]