collapse

Author Topic: Forex Diamond EA  (Read 201595 times)

Online wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
Re: Forex Diamond EA
« Reply #915 on: January 30, 2018, 09:51:42 PM »
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/stefanosb73/forex-diamond-gbp-recovery/2269046

absolutely destroyed

With this risk settings plus recovery is all or nothing for Forex Diamond EA. In this case - nothing. But yes - bad period definitely.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #916 on: January 30, 2018, 11:48:22 PM »
I think is was Harmonics Trader that showed a near blowout in equity in backtests, but came back roaring into the green. So even out of these bad periods, these things can recover but will this one do so? We'll have to see.

Online stefanosb

« Reply #917 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »

absolutely destroyed

With this risk settings plus recovery is all or nothing for Forex Diamond EA. In this case - nothing. But yes - bad period definitely.

Yes, on the manual is written:
"If your account is significant in extent and importance and you want to avoid taking unnecessary risks, then you should settle for AutoMM values between 0.5 and 1.5 per cent risk per individual transaction. In such cases, you can expect an annual return on investment in the order of 20 to 80 per cent.
If your account is not significant in extent or importance, and if you can afford to assume significant risk, then you can probably afford to select AutoMM values between 2 and 5 per cent per individual transaction. In such cases, you can expect a return on investment in the order of 100 and 400 per cent per year. Bear in mind, however, that the level of risk assumed means that the chances of losing the entire account are much greater."

In this case AutoMM was 5% with recovery On. It was just a test.
I backtested it setting spread 2.0 pips (20 on mt4) same period shows result of  -61%. starts with 1000 euros ended with 384 euros.

Eas: Forex Trend Detector - Wall Street Asia - Forex Diamond - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper - Inertia Trader - Forex Real Profit

Online IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #918 on: January 31, 2018, 10:42:42 AM »
GU is worst pair in FD for past weeks. My account is struggling but I don't turn on recovery but bad enough for me to think switching off GU. On the other hand UJ is recovering and doing well though not good enough. Overall is loosing but not as bad as the account shared above.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #919 on: January 31, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »
I appreciate your understanding guys! Something you can do is to switch off Strategy 3 and/or decrease the allowed trades from 3 to 1 for each strategy. This will reduce the overall profit, but the DD will be much more tolerable.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #920 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »

absolutely destroyed

Yes, on the manual is written:
"If your account is significant in extent and importance and you want to avoid taking unnecessary risks, then you should settle for AutoMM values between 0.5 and 1.5 per cent risk per individual transaction. In such cases, you can expect an annual return on investment in the order of 20 to 80 per cent.
If your account is not significant in extent or importance, and if you can afford to assume significant risk, then you can probably afford to select AutoMM values between 2 and 5 per cent per individual transaction. In such cases, you can expect a return on investment in the order of 100 and 400 per cent per year. Bear in mind, however, that the level of risk assumed means that the chances of losing the entire account are much greater."

In this case AutoMM was 5% with recovery On. It was just a test.
I backtested it setting spread 2.0 pips (20 on mt4) same period shows result of  -61%. starts with 1000 euros ended with 384 euros.

I am really glad that someone reads and understands the things I wrote.

Online donbon2

« Reply #921 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:03 AM »
the frustrating thing with it is the win rate is so good - anyway most scalpers are cactus at the moment.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)
Forex Diamond - EUR + GBP + YEN (very small account)

(Martingale Trend Strategy - Zone/Parabolic/SuperTrend
 starting lot size 0.01)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #922 on: February 01, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
You looks like a smart man and you should understand that the win rate means nothing. You can have a strategy with 1 pip TP and 1000 pips SL and you will have win rate 99.99% and so what. What matters is the average pips per trade, the profit factor and the recovery factor. But listening you I can make one conclusion - you still think that the Holy Grail of the trading is somewhere there waiting to be discovered. This reminds me one of my friends - when I showed him a chart with a stochastic on it, his first words was "This is so easy, how someone can lose money on this?" ... but when you start digging deeper and deeper you understand that stealing pips from the smartest guys in the world is next to impossible and complaining that some system is imperfect is like complaining we all are going to die someday. I've spend years and years trying to improve each of my systems and you can bet this is the best you can get for this price. Of course if you spend millions hiring the smartest people in the world you can get some ultra-sophisticated system like some deep neural learning which takes in consideration even the phases of the Moon, the hurricanes and which recognizes every stupid word which comes from the Trump's mouth ... and at the end you will still have bad periods and SL hit. Predicting the future is what we are dealing here ... and it is next to impossible.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:00:10 PM by wallstreet.forex.robot »

Online donbon2

« Reply #923 on: February 01, 2018, 12:24:32 PM »
I understand 100%

EA:
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)

starting lot size 0.01)

VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #924 on: February 01, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »

absolutely destroyed

donbon man, sometimes i feel like you are just waiting for wallstreets algos to blow up so you can rub it in and sensationalize it.

Sorry i don't mean any offence by this. But "absolutely destroyed" doesn't add much productiveness here. I would say cut mr. Wallstreet some slack. Its not his account and the user maxed it with full risk settings.

Wallstreet's here trying to help us all out and even offering free tools, and I am for one appreciating his comments and posts here in the forum.

I'm just giving you a little love Wallstreet, as I know its easy for people to sit here and throw mud each time the market serves up bad conditions for some of your EAs. But I appreciate you trying to at least provide some products support them and improve on them.

Obviously we have no gaurantees. But with some education i think we can get some long-term pips from them. I have bought most of these a while back and have been reviving some of this over the last months and have some good success. So thanks. Lets keep things productive and focus on ways to impove things over time.

Online donbon2

« Reply #925 on: February 01, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »
it is not that at all - sorry you feel my posts read that way.

I must own 20 licences under 2 email addresses with WS (I own all his EAs)- I have a large interest in them being successful .. but unfortunately the market just isnt working for them right now ... FTD and FGI are the 2 to use at the moment.

yeah not much more I can say really - I like to see success for some reason makes me happy :)

EA:

starting lot size 0.01)

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #926 on: February 02, 2018, 12:38:25 AM »
It's all good. Could have just been the way I was interpreting it as well. You know how it is in cyberspace these days... ;)

Online stefanosb

« Reply #927 on: February 15, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »
there is a new version of this EA. Thank you for keeping it updated.
Eas: Forex Trend Detector - Wall Street Asia - Forex Diamond - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper - Inertia Trader - Forex Real Profit

Online Nadir

« Reply #928 on: February 15, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »
It says that the old versions are shut down.

But when? I'm not at home and can't do it right this instant.

Also do I need to do backtests again (because some changes in the strategy were made) or can I trust my old backtests?

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem Alpha_X mit Tapatalk

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #929 on: February 15, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
Hello,

The new version is meant to be safer with higher profit factor and more average pips per trade. You should not worry - just change with the new version when you can.

browse forum

* Recent Posts