collapse

Author Topic: HELP choosing a suitable broker  (Read 26415 times)

Offline Paul.Trafford

Re: HELP choosing a suitable broker
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:20 AM »
Something that I have read in the other topic, here in the forum - Check what Bank account they have - the bigger the bank - the better!

Offline Trunk

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 09:08:15 AM »
Can't really understand why people still trade with scam brokers..

Offline Trunk

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 08:42:38 PM »
I think that my main broker (I work with several ones) justforex has all these options. Except cfd-s
But if I were you, I'd open several accounts with different brokers to trade currencies at one place, and cfd-s at another one

Do you really think they offer interbank access? All retail brokers offer trading of currency pairs as CFD contracts, its a fact.

Offline Ed Joshue

• Carpe Diem.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 05:30:33 AM »
Well, you posted this treat in far 2013 :) I guess now you are at least pro trader who earn a lot of money everyday. But if you still looking for good broker (yep, it might be, real) i can suggest amarkets. Nice broker with good conditions for traders

Offline IldikoFX

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
How about regulation? Is it not an important factor for you?

It is an interesting and difficult task to find such a broker.
As I see mostly market makers offer swap-free account.

Hi, that is actually wrong. Swap free accounts are offered by MM and STP/ECN brokers as well, and its company policy, has nothing to do with the Borokers execution mode. It is offered purely for religious reasons, as Islamic accounts.

Offline Ed Joshue

• Carpe Diem.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 03:59:37 AM »
And I agree with a prevalent majority of people here. Suitable broker should be regulated or be a participant of FinaCom (Financial Comission)

Offline Jacob

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 02:45:47 PM »
I recommend joining FP Markets as the spreads and commission are lower when compared to other ECN brokers.

Slippage is low, and no issues like spreads widening during volatile market events.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 12:43:14 PM »
And I agree with a prevalent majority of people here. Suitable broker should be regulated or be a participant of FinaCom (Financial Comission)
It doesn't sound as reliable place for regulation. I would rather consider FCA and brokers that acquired their license.

Offline ichamp

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2021, 04:27:39 PM »
FCA UK can be trusted in my opinion.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 12:47:18 PM »
I agree. The FCA, despite Brexit, remains one of the most reliable financial regulators out there. I cannot stress enough how important it is for the regulator overseeing one's broker to be good and reliable. The difference between unreliable regulators (offshore ones, for example) and reliable regulators (like the aforementioned FCA, but also the German BaFIC, or the Australian ASIC, etc) is like the difference between night and day.

To elaborate, for example, reliable regulators have major capital requirements for their licensed broker. The FCA and CySEC, for example, require brokers to maintain net tangible assets amounting to minimum EUR 730,000 and to keep the client funds in segregated accounts. In comparison, the Vanuatu regulator requires just 2000 US dollars in assets for the broker registered with them. Also, with reliable regulators there is position reporting, there are compensation schemes, all things that keep the client safe from either a scam or shady broker practices that lead to its sudden bankruptcy.

Be very careful about the regulator licensing your broker.

browse forum