collapse

Author Topic: difference between demo and real account  (Read 45951 times)

Offline peter_s

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: difference between demo and real account
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2019, 01:53:16 AM »
There should be no difference unless the demo uses a different feed, which is very unlikely. Live trade execution slippage and liquidity issues will mean bigger differences as you increase the lot sizing, especially if you trade around news and/or Asian markets.

Offline Tobei

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »
If the company is normal, then the difference between the demo account and the real account does not arise.

Offline Nilanadar

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2019, 08:24:35 AM »
Several times I came across such reviews that on some. platforms there is a difference between a demo account and a real account. I personally am not familiar with this, because Amarkets has no difference between these accounts

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
I think it depends on the broker For example at Hotforex the difference is only in execution speed (instant on demo vs. non-instant on live account), the rest it the same. But it's a major obstacle for repeating success from demo accounts (for example for scalping EAs) on live accounts. This makes trading a bit tricky but still it is a manageable problem.

Offline Kagagis

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2019, 10:01:40 AM »
If the company is normal and it has no pitfalls, then there is no difference between the demo and the real account.

Offline Tekus

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »
I think there is no difference and a demo account is a great way to test the platform.

Offline Bloodpick

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »
Personally, I did not feel the difference between demo accounts, a real account, everything is fine.

Online alex100

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2019, 11:58:06 PM »
There are many scalpers that work just beautiful on demo. But when you put it on live results are very disappointed. So it must be some difference. 

Offline Bagrel

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2019, 08:27:30 AM »
In terms of functionality and features, the demo account at Amarkets is no different from the real one. Opening it, newcomers gain access to the financial market, observe real quotes, monitor their changes, analyze their behavior.

Offline Cerim

« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
From my personal experience of trying a demo account and switching to a real account, I did not notice the difference and realized that it depended on this broker, whom I chose.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Oh, the quality of the live account trading definitely depends on the broker, so one should be very careful when picking one.

Offline Whitecrusher

« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2019, 09:18:47 AM »
If you are faced with the difference between a demo account and a real account, then you urgently need to change the company, because in adequate normal companies such as amarkets, there are no such differences.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2019, 08:21:41 AM »
From my personal experience of trying a demo account and switching to a real account, I did not notice the difference and realized that it depended on this broker, whom I chose.

Brokers that offer same demo and real accounts don't exist or are scam. Both Tickmill and Hotforex where I trade offer instant demo execution which is great for testing waters but real account execution requires time that affect results. And this is very important trading feature that makes you understand why trading is so hard and can't be narrowed down simply to price predictions.

Offline Sami Samith

« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2019, 11:28:56 AM »
Demo account is a dummy account that enables new traders to perform all trading activities without risking real money. It will be right to say, Demo account is the live simulation. With demo account trader trade with fake money while with live account trade with real money.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
As mentioned by Odysseus the total difference is related to the type of EA  and the way that operates.
But in the conservative side we can always summarize the difference to 2 pips per trade.

That is somewhat overkill conservative but is a good and simple rule.

For example, if the EA makes 200 trades in a month in demo,  deduct the equivalent  of 400 pips from the
 total performance of the EA.

So, if the EA is a scalper that makes 2 pips average,  that EA would be a loser in real account.

Same rule apply for back testing with tick data (99%).  If back-testing with regular data, deduct 4 pips per trade

J.

This is big problem for automated trading with CFD brokers. But still keeping EA running during London and the start of NY session with tight spread brokers like IB, Tickmill or Hotforex greatly improves results of spread-sensitive EAs, tested.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 06:12:34 PM]

Re: HotForex by drunkfx
[Today at 03:10:18 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 12:40:43 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 12:00:26 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:48:10 PM]

Re: HotForex by hardforex
[Yesterday at 05:55:54 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams