collapse

Author Topic: smart forex expert signal  (Read 14357 times)

Offline Jimmy SFE

Re: smart forex expert signal
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
Quote from: Price Pays
Turning it upside down and compare all your stock trades with one month trading from Ivans bot provides a prettier picture but we all know that at the end it looks like this:

Right...so you are saying just because Ivan's Stock EA performed better than us for the past 1 month, our system is inferior? But for some reason you don't seem to see that the SFE Stock EA is up over 20% since inception?

The Vertex Pharma trade was in profit and the SL was moved to lock in some profit, but the trade closed a lot further below SL the next day after a huge gap down right at the start of the new trading session (IC Markets US Stock CFD session time starts at 16:35). The EA did manage the trade properly but the unexpected after-hour news turned the winning trade into a losing trade. Things like this happen and you can only accept the loss and move on.

You can see from the screenshot below that SL was set at 269.44 but it hit SL at 230.01 right at the market open at 16:35 due to the huge gap down:

Quote from: Megabot
In conclusion, whenever 'Price Pay' comes to your thread to discusses anything, its better to completely ignore him and let your work prove your profitability over time by posting the myfxbook link. Dont waste a single minute typing a reply for these kind of people.

It's not that I want to engage in conversation with him, but I cannot just sit there and see him keep spreading false information...:(

Quote from: ivanvp
I think, we should to stop to discuss it

That may be the best thing to do. But I would just like to clarify that I am not "guaranteeing" 100-200% growth per year, because nothing is "guaranteed" in trading. I have always said that I "expect" 100-200% growth per year based on previous backtest and live trading results. And I still believe 100-200% is possible because I am running 10 different strategies all at their original recommended risk, so if 1 EA can generate 187% in 5 years, then I believe it is entirely possible to combine 10 EAs and generate over 1000% over the same period.

Anyway, no need to debate further. We shall let time and our results do the talking from here. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:22:05 AM by Jimmy SFE »

SFE Signal website: http://www.SFESignal.com

Offline _Jonathan_

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 11:14:59 AM »
Mother market being sarcastic = gains from more than one year pulverized in one session.

If anybody trusts you with his money, he/she deserves to lose all of it and then some.  :D :D

I love you mum!

We shall let time and our results do the talking from here. :)

Good talk!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:21:16 AM by _Jonathan_ »

Offline donbon2

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2020, 02:44:34 AM »
anyone who has been here for a while understands this series of EA does best in certain types of markets and poorly in others - historically the good times have always exceeded the bad - and from what I have seen made a profit

however it is fair to say that anyone getting involved here must accept that it is very possible to take large losses right off the bat - and using too large a lot size .. well is dangerous

anyway it is one option not fair to just discount it completely - profitable eas are hard to make

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2020, 02:56:17 PM »
anyone who has been here for a while understands this series of EA does best in certain types of markets and poorly in others - historically the good times have always exceeded the bad - and from what I have seen made a profit

however it is fair to say that anyone getting involved here must accept that it is very possible to take large losses right off the bat - and using too large a lot size .. well is dangerous

anyway it is one option not fair to just discount it completely - profitable eas are hard to make

Hello, Donbon2.

Have I missed something; what is this "Auto Optimizing EA?".

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
Auto Optimizing EA is the project I have worked on for a year

it started out as DTI series and then I found that market conditions change all the time and you need different set files for those conditions otherwise you get large drawdowns - and what I want to do is to trade with the premium set file everyday of the week.

so I looked into building something that automatically optimizes itself constantly .. what I found was a VPS was not strong enough to do this - so I bought the very best PC money can buy built specifically for this purpose

then I went back through my programming and made some changes and I launched the final version 3 days ago -- so it is a trend following system that calculates markets everyday and adjusts itself the best it can -- sometimes it has to take a loss to reoptimize itself faster but that is just how it works

anyway it is way too early to make any assumptions as to whether it works - or whether it can solve this constant issue we see in the forums where EAs come and go - but so far it is working how I would expect  some good trades in EURAUD where it has been quite volatile has been the best one.

I just would like to see a months performance or bit more to know for sure whether it is something that is stable.

Probably lastly it also has time management where it does not take any signal from 4pm New York till 8pm New York because brokers are widening the spreads and can cause trades to open when they should not.

anyway I have added lots of little things like that to make it the ultimate trader - but again it is unproven at this stage.

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2020, 07:36:32 PM »
don,

that sounds like a very valid smart approach, also your trading time choice. only thing i might add is maybe a news filter, 8 30 est often has pound news or cad news which move the market. euro news often earlier as well.

wish you all the best so that your time and $$ investment pays of :)

Offline Jimmy SFE

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2020, 05:34:37 AM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick update since my last post nearly 2 months ago.

Our accounts are still alive and kicking, and we are currently on a 5-week winning streak:

Last week I opened a new account at Fusion Markets copying the master account at 1.5x risk. It is now up 20%: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/SFETrading/fusion-markets-follower-high-risk/7456260

For those who say I am only making money from commission and not from trading, you can see below the list of accounts that are currently under my management. All of them made profit this week. ;)
(Unfortunately the owner of the Last chance trading account lost a big chunk of his funds from over-trading earlier on, but our signal is now helping him slowly recover the losses. :) )

Happy trading! 8)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:38:08 AM by Jimmy SFE »

Offline Jimmy SFE

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 02:27:33 AM »
Smart Forex Expert Signal 2020 Summary

Total Portfolio Return
= $34373.27 + $2446
= +$36819.27

Weekly Change
= $7121.58 + $1531.72
= +$8653.30

Announcements:
Happy New Year 2021 everyone! :D

From the New Year I will use screenshots from our trade copying platform for the Weekly Report, as Myfxbook keeps having issues with stats retrieved from MT5 platforms and always underestimate the actual closed profits (Myfxbook somehow is unable to capture profit/loss from partially closed trades on MT5 platforms).

Again, I would like to thank Joel for his amazing work and continuing development / improvement on his EAs. Let's all look forward to a successful year of trading with the SFE EAs/Signal in 2021! ;)

Master Accounts:

Accounts Under Management - all of them made profit this week!

Honourable mention - my Fusion Markets account ended 2020 with a new high! (the Myfxbook stats are accurate for this one because it is an MT4 account):
(http://www.myfxbook.com/members/SFETrading/fusion-markets-follower-high-risk/7456260)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:40:06 AM by Jimmy SFE »

Offline Jimmy SFE

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 03:20:45 PM »
We have finally made a new equity high, with over $10K profit this week ;)

Offline Jimmy SFE

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2021, 12:48:00 AM »
Our master account has now made over $50K profit / 50% gain since inception, and ended this week at a new equity high! :D

You can now see all our accounts trading live at: bit.ly/sfelive ;)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2021, 12:52:33 PM »
And then loss much more  8) or do you think it a stable money management? :)

Offline Jimmy SFE

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:12 AM »
And then loss much more  8) or do you think it a stable money management? :)

A bit of patience is all that is needed. Our account is now back near equity high again after a good week last week ;)

In the meantime, it looks like your Symbiosis EA is in a bit of trouble hitting just over 50% DD recently? :o

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2021, 09:46:46 AM »
You are showing one scalper system comparing to Joel's long-term systems. This is a substitution of concepts :)

For example, Stock Trader Pro vs SFE Stock Markets:

Or you can compare Momentum Classic with the SFE Price Action:

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Today at 12:10:32 AM]

Re: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com) by ivanvp
[Yesterday at 12:46:04 PM]

Re: EVOnight EA by ivanvp
[Yesterday at 12:43:45 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 12:00:44 PM]

Re: DIY Frequent Trader by diyforexskills
[Yesterday at 08:35:58 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[May 05, 2021, 11:34:31 PM]

Re: ORDequity PAMM-COPY : 50% MONTHLY Gain, only 8% DD : REVERSAL TRADING ALGORHYTM by bismillahwd
[May 05, 2021, 05:51:19 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[May 05, 2021, 11:16:32 AM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[May 05, 2021, 11:13:07 AM]

Re: EVOnight EA by LitnerGo
[May 05, 2021, 09:34:24 AM]