collapse

Author Topic: Crowdfunding!...?  (Read 80665 times)

Offline uingun

Crowdfunding!...?
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
Well I am new to forex, forums, etc. I'm really excited to get started in forex. Looking at demo accounts now.

Also looking at other ways to invest. A friend of mine suggested crowdfunding as an option. Supposedly he's done pretty well with it. The idea's pretty new- you can help to fund new startups with the help of different sites that sell portions of equity in the companies. I know of a few sites already that seem interesting like kickstarter, crowdcube, seedrs, and uinvest. The last one seems to be the one I was most interested in. Their people seemed really ready to help, and I liked their approach to the whole crowdfunding thing.

The whole thing seems like a really good idea with possibilities... but has anyone else out there had any experience with this? Any suggestions?

Offline jonsnow

Re: Crowdfunding!...?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
kickstarter is good if u are in the usa and also if u dont get your funding you still get exposure which is a good

Offline ultracat

• All business.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:45:27 PM »
You want to do crowfunding to trade forex?  I don't think that will work, but good luck if you try that route.

What I think is a similar idea and will work is something that has been done for a long time in trading:  using other people's money.

You see it a lot here on DonnaForex, it's quite normal.  Instead of crowdfunding you should start trading yourself (EAs, manual, or both) with a demo or preferably a live account.  Build up 3+ months of good returns, acceptable DD.  Set your trading rules and put up a simple website / blog to describe your trading style/system/rules.

Once you have a good, verified track record to share, you can offer 1) a managed account where you havea  master account at a broker or 2) offer trade copier for a fee or 3) offer signals for a fee (for example through Simpletrader) or 4) use an established signal service like Zulutrade to share your signals.

People will follow your signals and pay you a commission/share for it. 

How is it like crowdsourcing?  Well let's say you get started on your own with a $5000 account.  You trade it well for 6 months and get it up to $10,000. Then offer say a managed account, or signals through something like Zulutrade.  A bunch of people like the look of your trades so then they put their own money in their own accounts (or as a share of your managed account for example) but follow you trade signals and pay you a cut of their wins.  This can get quite huge pretty quickly if you are a good trader.  If you can attract say 50 people who follow you and they each have on average a $10,000 account then instead of just your own eanings on each trade you also make 50 x $10,000 x (commission per trade).  Most people who do this make WAY more from trading other people money than even off of their own personal account.

What you should NOT do is use the above method to scam people.  There are a lot of people who do this unfortunately but it is very frowned upon here at DF.  The scam is simply you do the above but have no intention or ability to actually trade, just keeping your commissions and not caring if you blow the account or not.  This forum is about finding the sort of people who do the above but as an honest vendor who wants to make money for themselves and also their investors in a fair, open way; almost it should be like a partnerhip between you as the business and your investors, who put up the money.

Good luck!

Offline Bigsteve

• Live free or die
  • Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
Sounds like we wake up to the FBI calling. The CFTC would never allow US brokers to trade or fund in off-color ways. Sounds scammy to me

Offline goldenmember

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
I think the crowdfunding he is referring is to fund companies not his forex fund.  There are some good crowdfunding sources for charities in the third world as well.
Interested in investing with me? My website is at bestpammaccounts.com

Offline Pedro2604

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »
Quote from: ultracat link=msg=261875 date=1368222327

You want to do crowfunding to trade forex?  I don't think that will work, but good luck if you try that route.

What I think is a similar idea and will work is something that has been done for a long time in trading:  using other people's money.

You see it a lot here on DonnaForex, it's quite normal.  Instead of crowdfunding you should start trading yourself (EAs, manual, or both) with a demo or preferably a live account.  Build up 3+ months of good returns, acceptable DD.  Set your trading rules and put up a simple website / blog to describe your trading style/system/rules.

Once you have a good, verified track record to share, you can offer 1) a managed account where you havea  master account at a broker or 2) offer trade copier for a fee or 3) offer signals for a fee (for example through Simpletrader) or 4) use an established signal service like Zulutrade to share your signals.

People will follow your signals and pay you a commission/share for it escuela superior de pnl

How is it like crowdsourcing?  Well let's say you get started on your own with a $5000 account.  You trade it well for 6 months and get it up to $10,000. Then offer say a managed account, or signals through something like Zulutrade.  A bunch of people like the look of your trades so then they put their own money in their own accounts (or as a share of your managed account for example) but follow you trade signals and pay you a cut of their wins.  This can get quite huge pretty quickly if you are a good trader.  If you can attract say 50 people who follow you and they each have on average a $10,000 account then instead of just your own eanings on each trade you also make 50 x $10,000 x (commission per trade).  Most people who do this make WAY more from trading other people money than even off of their own personal account.

What you should NOT do is use the above method to scam people.  There are a lot of people who do this unfortunately but it is very frowned upon here at DF.  The scam is simply you do the above but have no intention or ability to actually trade, just keeping your commissions and not caring if you blow the account or not.  This forum is about finding the sort of people who do the above but as an honest vendor who wants to make money for themselves and also their investors in a fair, open way; almost it should be like a partnerhip between you as the business and your investors, who put up the money.

Good luck!

Thank you for information.

Offline BMaia69

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
Before you go on with a crowfunding you need to work really hard. And not only on your project but..on marketing !

browse forum