collapse

Author Topic: Did you blame yourself when you lose?  (Read 22167 times)

Offline indicator

Re: Did you blame yourself when you lose?
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2016, 05:24:07 AM »
Mostly newbie traders blame the market upon losing and then they start making revenge trading, which increase their losses. But as their experience grew they realize that trading is actually there own game.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2016, 10:14:23 AM »
Usually there's no one else to blame, unless it's a situation like the GBP flash crash some time ago.

Offline Neurotic

« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:37 PM »
Usually there's no one else to blame, unless it's a situation like the GBP flash crash some time ago.

Actually on the contrary, I believe no matter what you do and whom you trust and whether you gain or lose, the blame is all upon you. You need to understand, it will be you and only you to take a blame.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »
I don't think that a currency pair randomly moving with 1000+ pips so fast that it doesn't even close with my stop loss on time would be my fault.

Offline dreamfx

« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2017, 05:52:17 PM »
Loss is inevitable in forex and no one can prevent the loss completely but can minimize the chance of loss, I accept my mistake if I get the loss as mostly I get the loss due to my greed but no doubt market also very complicated and unpredictable but most of my loss comes due to my own mistake.

Offline indicator

« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »
I don't think that a currency pair randomly moving with 1000+ pips so fast that it doesn't even close with my stop loss on time would be my fault.

Could be yours if you don't use stop loss. Many traders don't use stop loss and lose a lot of amount from their account. The trader has to know that its only his caution that can stop unnecessary loss from his account.

Offline JJJTrader

« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2017, 06:17:21 PM »
I blame the coin I tossed to decide whether to go long or short!! Seriously, I don't blame anyone. A loss is just something to learn from

Offline dreamfx

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »

As I am not a perfect trader, I ever accept my mistakes whenever I get the loss, I always make the decision according to my full understanding but some time I get the loss and learn from my mistakes, I never blame anyone after getting loss.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »
I blame the coin I tossed to decide whether to go long or short!! Seriously, I don't blame anyone. A loss is just something to learn from

But if you dont blame anyone, how are you going to learn from the mistakes that are made in order to improve yourself ?

Offline Winjak

« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
But if you dont blame anyone, how are you going to learn from the mistakes that are made in order to improve yourself ?
I am sorry to interrupt the discussion, but... blaming yourself and learning from the mistakes are different things. Aren't they?

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »
I am sorry to interrupt the discussion, but... blaming yourself and learning from the mistakes are different things. Aren't they?

Sometimes they overlap, I think. Not necessarily completely, but they do. Look at it this way - if you blame someone else for your mistakes, you won't analize your own decisions that led to those mistakes.

Offline Grant Elliott

« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »
Last week I did huge loss by taking high leverage due to non-sense planning. Now I am trying to overcome my losses with support of proper risk management policy , actually devoid of accurate trading plan as well as risk management approach that is not possible at all to make profit with certainly by using high leverage at all. 

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »

Sometimes they overlap, I think. Not necessarily completely, but they do. Look at it this way - if you blame someone else for your mistakes, you won't analize your own decisions that led to those mistakes.

My point exactly! Thank you Eliza.

Offline Siti Nurhaliza

« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
Frankly, in my initial stage of trading I believed in luck! Then followed this wrong way! But now I know, its all about trading skill and experience! So, I try to learn from my live mistakes instead of blaming.

Offline cokodot

« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2017, 11:58:56 AM »
If we can master the money management well, surely we will be able to trade with the maximum. We can manage our funds well so not quickly loss. Ane learned this in FXB and it turns out good results.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by felipebr
[Today at 01:35:04 PM]

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by GoldSpanner
[Today at 01:08:10 PM]

Re: Shorts-n-longs (PA, S&R, etc.) by alextrader79
[Today at 12:49:15 PM]

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by felipebr
[Today at 12:28:13 PM]

Re: What are your bad habits while trading forex? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 12:00:58 PM]