collapse

Author Topic: Momentum Classic Price Action (via MQL5.com)  (Read 38409 times)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
Re: Momentum Classic Price Action (via MQL5.com)
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2020, 02:08:08 AM »
Momentum Open - Black Monday Jack Pot! Crazy profit in few moments!

Momentum Open live results: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/PeregrimEA/momentum-open/3892936
Momentum Open product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/44547

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
Nice I think it's time to go for live account and show us real performance. Live accounts transaction costs sometimes can make big difference that's why its wise to not overestimate demo efficiency.

Offline peter_s

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
Outrageous price for a bot that has only been profitable for a few months  ( most of last year was in the doldrums)  - in what has been an exceptional/black swan market event...most punters still don't appreciate that 99% bots fail eventually...as per your previous one.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2020, 12:05:19 PM »
Outrageous price for a bot that has only been profitable for a few months  ( most of last year was in the doldrums)  - in what has been an exceptional/black swan market event...most punters still don't appreciate that 99% bots fail eventually...as per your previous one.

It's a honest price and it's a longterm system. Not a scalper or martingale. Look at another EA's at market - 1000, 2000 without any results and monitorings. All months for both systems are profitable. Momentum Classic haven't trade today - all profit have been generated before. Only Momentum Open have opened EURAUD M15 during the flash crash a catched nearly 1500 pips of profit.

My old system was a midnight scalper - it had a good pefomance, but few flash crashes have killed the system. It's very difficult to wait a lifetime results from scalping systems... I tried to make Evo more stable and adapted for different conditions, but it was impossible...

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2020, 03:32:44 AM »
Momentum Classic continues accurate trading. Even the market chaos a few weeks ago was overcome without significant drawdown (unlike many other systems) and ultimately profit.

Product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/25517
Myfxbook: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/autotrade/momentum-classic/3310401

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2020, 11:58:48 AM »
Dear friends,

We have a small DD due Corona market, but it isn't a problem:

Also I have added another one EA based at Momentum Classic - Momentum Selected. The system includes only Selected pairs from Momentum Classic that have shown the most stable results during real trading over the past year:

M15: EURAUD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, XAUUSD;
M30: EURAUD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, XAUUSD;
H1: EURAUD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, XAUUSD;

Momentum Selected product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/45983

Momentum Selected Live Results (pairs are Selected from Classic myfxbook):

For advanced users, I recommend considering Momentum Open. Unlike the Classic version, the Open version:

1. Has open input parameters, which makes it easy to add new currency pairs, optimize settings and use various portfolio combinations based on both my settings and your own;

2. It has various modes of Trailing Stop, which allows you to increase profit and reduce risks at the distance. Unfortunately, this is not possible in the Classic version due to the mode of operation of OneChartMode;

3. Since OneChartMode is not used, the system has a faster and easier code. This is important for strong Impulses and fast movements and allows you to achieve better results.

On my personal accounts, I prefer the Momentum Open because of the speed and flexibility.

Product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/44547

During hard Corona market, perfomance of Open much more better, then Classic. Small stagnation and DD nearly 1%:

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2020, 02:36:40 PM »
Also, don't look at size of DD at myfxbook - it's an error of myfxbook. I hope, they will fix it soon. Really, max dd for Classic 5.5% and nearly 2% for Open.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:04:45 PM by ivanvp »

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2021, 08:48:36 PM »
Hi Ivan. Do you think that you will be able to improve the major discrepancies that this system trades between different brokers? It has the biggest variance (most different) trades out of any EA I have ever used. Mostly i get more losing trades that you seem to always miss. I will probably cease trading with this, unless you have any hope that it will become less broker dependant in the future.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2021, 02:59:41 AM »
Wow, so I did a test. Same broker. Two accounts. Identical conditions. EA with exact conditions. The result? Different trades today. Account 1 got gbpjpy and eurjpy trades. THe other got those AND nzdusd trades (currently negative). In looking at the developers reference account, they also got a basket of 4 gold trades. Thankfuly I missed these as they were all negative as well.

Ivan, I think that you need to figure out a way to make this ea less sensitive to price action. Other's have figured out a way to do this, so it is possible, and I am confident you can as well. Otherwise, this is unfortunately going to result in extremely different and random results from one account to another. Until this gets addressed.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2021, 09:52:20 AM »
Wow, so I did a test. Same broker. Two accounts. Identical conditions. EA with exact conditions. The result? Different trades today. Account 1 got gbpjpy and eurjpy trades. THe other got those AND nzdusd trades (currently negative). In looking at the developers reference account, they also got a basket of 4 gold trades. Thankfuly I missed these as they were all negative as well.

Ivan, I think that you need to figure out a way to make this ea less sensitive to price action. Other's have figured out a way to do this, so it is possible, and I am confident you can as well. Otherwise, this is unfortunately going to result in extremely different and random results from one account to another. Until this gets addressed.

Hi, a new version of Momentum Classic have been published with the some changes at OneChartMode and some pairs have been reoptimized. Now there should be fewer differences when trading in OneChartMode, but if you still observe them, I recommend disabling it and installing the system for each of the pairs separately.Unfortunately, the market has changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic and since the system is long-term it took time to make changes. However, during this period there was no collapse of results, but stagnation, which is good enough.

More info at product page: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/25517

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2021, 06:15:29 PM »
Good to hear Ivan, thanks.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FXOpen AU Pty Ltd - fxopenaus.com - ASIC Regulated Broker by fxopen78
[Today at 10:53:08 PM]

Re: FxMath AI Trader by FxMath
[Today at 05:15:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:55:21 PM]

Re: DIY Frequent Trader by rsmereka
[Today at 02:44:16 PM]