collapse

Author Topic: DynaScalp by LeapFX  (Read 891 times)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: DynaScalp by LeapFX
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 05:18:17 AM »
The same thoughts I always have about scalpers. Be prepared for a big loss at some time and make hay while the going is good. With an Expectancy of only 1.3 pips per trade, this is going to be very broker dependent.

Almost one year of trading history, only one losing month; max DD of only some 8% in Sep last year - not bad.

DIY ProTrader Signal Service https://www.diyforexskills.com/signal-service/

DIY DuoTrader Live
https://www.fxblue.com/users/fxduo

Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Offline HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 02:10:39 PM »
The same thoughts I always have about scalpers. Be prepared for a big loss at some time and make hay while the going is good. With an Expectancy of only 1.3 pips per trade, this is going to be very broker dependent.

Almost one year of trading history, only one losing month; max DD of only some 8% in Sep last year - not bad.

Both those accounts running at IC Markets which I found a good selling point.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 06:18:17 PM »
It's a good selling point for verification, as ICM is a regulated and reputable broker. But I would never run it there, unless you are trading really tiny balances. ICM is known for having bait-n-hook spreads, which are tight, but with no volume behind them (as soon as you trade large, you start slipping like crazy). It's also where everyone and their mailman goes to scalp small accounts, and their servers are congested like crazy with hoards of retail traders. You will notice this by the reference accounts also trading very small balances. Larger balances will become a very different story with this scalper in terms of it's longevity.

The strategy itself looks decent so far though. However, like that ordequity signal, it will be very very sensitive to spread fluctuations (likely during rollover and the asian session when most scalping happens), as it looks like its just targeting 2-3 pips-ish, and as DIY pointed out, it has an expectancy of 1.3 pips so far. In the long run these usually fizzle out due to the sensitivity, congestion, or growth. But to be fair, they have a year under belt and running well. But again on ICM no-depth spreads, and on very small balances. If you want to run it on any sizeable balance, find a good broker with lots of liquidity and run it low-risk, then increase your lot size up until you start noticing slippage often. At that point trade it at another broker to diversify it on any additional capital. Have done my fair share of scalping (manually and EAs) and this is usually the best strategy. This one trades a few crosses to like nzdchf, eursgd etc. so make sure you have good spreads on those as well for best success. Many brokers keep the majors low, and the crosses wide. So bottom line is make sure the environment is suitable for this, otherwise, just trade small balances, or it's gonna fizzle out eventually ;). Best scalper was a prime history lesson for this.

Offline Surrealistik

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 03:14:35 AM »
Interested in their full back tests; the set they've provided on the site only goes back just short of 6 years; I've requested the full set back to 2010.

Offline Surrealistik

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 09:11:34 PM »
Was told that LeapFX doesn't have the software despite it being their product and that I should do my own backtests with it; not sure what that's about.

Offline Byte

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 12:18:12 AM »
I would argue there is relatively little benefit to a backtest for an EA with that low an expectancy. I am not saying it is a bad EA, but I worry that the backtest will not tell you anything.

browse forum