collapse

Author Topic: Ending Dux Test + Adding Funnel Trader  (Read 1514 times)

Online donnaforex

• Administrator
Ending Dux Test + Adding Funnel Trader
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
I have decided to stop testing Dux. My aim when testing this service was to generate some stats on a demo account initially so that other traders can see what the performance is like as there was no other stats to go by. Unfortunately I'm unable to record these stats accurately as Dux trades are released primarily during the night European time, leaving me only available for 1 out of 3 trade times.

To be fair to Dux, I have had a lot of positive feedback from traders who are around to trade it at the right times, and the vast majority of the trades i missed happened to be positive ones. In the short time I have been looking at this then, I still believe it to be an option - especially for newer traders who are looking for a cheap product to get them started. It also will give traders practice at calculating your own risk sizings and generally getting used to the mechanics of placing and managing trades in a way which isn't dangerous or high risk (i'd suggest sticking to 1% per trade, or if you take all 3 trades on each pair make it 0.333% per trade).

At only $47, there really isn't much i can complain about and i DO believe that money can be made with this one - IF you are in the right timezone and also able to react to trade alerts quickly (normally within 10 minutes).

New Test: Funnel Trader

I began testing Funnel Trader on Friday after a recommendation from 2 separate users via email; also this EA has over 1 year of live test results from the seller. From the small amount of trades I have seen so far, this one appears to open multiple trades on different pairs and then close them as a basket, at a profit or a loss (important to note since some basket traders never close for a loss at all - FXDiverse for example seems to be doing exactly this and is building a decent floating drawdown!)

The EA is very easy to setup and you only need to add it to one chart. The seller has been helpful and responsive to my questions so far and it all looks good. The EA does produce alerts such as "Close ALL" which worried me initially as i wondered if it wasn't properly automated but the seller reassures me this is normal and it is working fine!

My live stats:

Sellers own account:

The seller account is quite impressive, returning 119% in a little over a year with a 34% max drawdown (note the drawdown figure, this will be reached again in the future and quite likely exceeded, this is high risk).

When setting this up, pay careful attention to the various lot sizes that have to be entered, there are quite a few (20, actually) and they vary depending on your account size - you'll also need to manually adjust these if/when your account hits the various thresholds, but it isn't hard and is newbie friendly as you only have one chart to manage and any adjustments would only need to be done every few months at most.

There's a 14 day trial on offer for $5, but note that this isn't a 'cheap' EA option at $127/month or $497 outright. As with most EA's, you'll probably want to commit to trading this one for a good 6+ months to see results (but from what i've seen so far, if you do want to stop it you most likely can, it doesn't seem to carry long term floating drawdowns) and for this reason the outright option is much more affordable, account size allowing.

Visit the Funnel Trader Website

Finally, I'll finish off this update by saying that i've updated the live stats page for this week. Surprisingly, our top gainer of the week was actually FAPTurbo 3.0, which appears to be digging itself out of what was a sizeable hole. Forex ReBorn remains at the top overall still, though there is a sizeable floating drawdown that's worth noting. Forex Real Profit is still ticking along nicely, and Best Scalper has made a strong start at +4.8%.

Looking forward to seeing how things progress!

View all of Donna's Live Tests
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:55:03 PM by donnaforex »
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline The_Snowman

Re: Ending Dux Test + Adding Funnel Trader
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:10:14 AM »
makes sense to me, I also have given up on them

if they are as great as they claim, absolutely no reason why they can't display better trade records

even a demo account would show the results history

Online reinerh

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:08 AM »
be carefull with funneltrader, its a wicked one. i analysed that thing to death.

it cant or lets say should not be started randomly, or one can go in heavy dd from the start.

watch a longer running account, and ideally start the live account after a basket has closed. the idea is  to be in sync with a longer running one.

from what i observed i can wiggle itself out of quite serious dd as long as the max trades are set high enough. if set to low, not a good idea.

donna seem to have started hers perfectly, way to go :)
new myfxbook home see below, accounts added soon.

they all will be fully verified.............

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexfidelitas

Online donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:00:31 AM »
Oh, that was good luck more than anything! Thanks for sharing Reiner. I have set my max lots to 0.5 which obviously doesn't match anywhere near the sum total of the 20 different lot size options, i'm not sure though if the EA sequentially opens these one by one or is using some other method. I'm guessing that since it trades multiple pairs that it doesn't do all 20 on each pair but that they are spread across all the traded pairs (it appears that way, and i certainly hope it is!). If this one needs higher risk to trade it 'properly' though then i will allow it to breathe a bit more by increasing that - i think i need to urgently look into this today.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »
Might be worthwhile to show the floating DD in the overall stats page if there is room. Data is obviously available from myfxbook, but having it up front so to speak would be good to drive home the point that some excellent gainers do so at risk of substantial equity DD at times. Some traders can stomach that; others not.

Online donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:36:04 AM »
Might be worthwhile to show the floating DD in the overall stats page if there is room. Data is obviously available from myfxbook, but having it up front so to speak would be good to drive home the point that some excellent gainers do so at risk of substantial equity DD at times. Some traders can stomach that; others not.

Yes, i'll look at that. I think we can organise the data there a bit better.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:41:41 PM]

Re: Q&A Broker rebates and discounts by HFT Group
[Today at 12:21:19 PM]

Re: Fidelitas by nwboater
[Yesterday at 11:27:18 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by donnaforex
[Yesterday at 08:08:32 PM]

Re: Fidelitas by reinerh
[Yesterday at 07:12:46 PM]