collapse

Author Topic: Easy Forex (ezefx.com)  (Read 788242 times)

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com)
« Reply #5010 on: May 02, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »
Guys, I'd suggest that percentage profits aren't really useful feedback if we don't know the balances you're trading on. Might be better to report dollar earnings if you don't want to disclose account balances. Otherwise, percentages are numbers that don't really tell us much. :)

I would think that 30% profits on an account is more meaningful than values of say $300 or $30,000. Depending on who is operating the account, a 30% profit of $300 (after a deposit of $1,000) may be just as pleasing as a 30% profit of $30,000 (after a deposit of $100,000) to someone else in another country with a different wealth requirement.

But the EA performance is identical if the same one EA is used in each case.

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #5011 on: May 02, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
Guys, I'd suggest that percentage profits aren't really useful feedback if we don't know the balances you're trading on. Might be better to report dollar earnings if you don't want to disclose account balances. Otherwise, percentages are numbers that don't really tell us much. :)

I would think that 30% profits on an account is more meaningful than values of say $300 or $30,000. Depending on who is operating the account, a 30% profit of $300 (after a deposit of $1,000) may be just as pleasing as a 30% profit of $30,000 (after a deposit of $100,000) to someone else in another country with a different wealth requirement.

That could go either way. At least a risk deviation should be included. For instance, if someone is running higher than recommended risk and posting their percentages, that could be misleading, no? For instance, in another thread here for a different product a user was running an EA at something like 10X the recommended risk and posting just his percentage gains without making note of his risk level until asked. That might have led some people to think that he was making those gains with regular risk.

All I'm saying is that the percentage alone with no other information to help users understand what kind of profits are being realized against what kind of capital commitment doesn't really provide much insight.

Since you're here, could you check out my question about DD?

Cheers

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #5012 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »

Yes and No. The context also plays a role, and so one of the issues facing traders is the net profit - profit after costs.

So if it has cost $300+ to realise a profit from trading of $300, then the beginner trader has in fact made no profit. Whereas the trading cost of $300+ for an established trader with a $100K account making $30,000, is immaterial.

And so it is fair enough in my view to report % gains from trading excluding costs (EAs plus VPS). It just means that the reader needs to make a judgment about how much he/she can afford to invest and draw the relevant conclusion as to whether these results would translate to any net profit in his/her circumstances.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #5013 on: May 02, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »

That could go either way. At least a risk deviation should be included. For instance, if someone is running higher than recommended risk and posting their percentages, that could be misleading, no? For instance, in another thread here for a different product a user was running an EA at something like 10X the recommended risk and posting just his percentage gains without making note of his risk level until asked. That might have led some people to think that he was making those gains with regular risk.

All I'm saying is that the percentage alone with no other information to help users understand what kind of profits are being realized against what kind of capital commitment doesn't really provide much insight.

Since you're here, could you check out my question about DD?

Cheers

I would certainly agree that mentioning whether the vendor's advised risk is being exceeded would be a good addition. Of course, sometimes vendors do not provide a recommended risk and let users decide after doing their own testing or perhaps just taking a chence  :(

When we run our ten year backtests we do this with different amendable settings and risk levels so we can publish the performance which to us seems the best to use in live running. Updates to software which provide better performance in testing may make us decide to run an EA at higher risk from the new release than in the past. Doing this can confuse others sometimes if the changes to settings are not publicised with updated results.

This is another reason why we like to continue to run long term backtests for older as well as newer EAs just to be sure that the updates would have worked successfully if they had been used in the past as well as from now on.

So although it is always nice to see EA live performance before purchasing a new EA it is also (in my opinion) very essential to do long backtests on that EA before running it live at all. Unfortunately I believe most people don't feel this is necessary or just can't be bothered.

Offline EdNBonita

• VIP
  • Florida, USA
« Reply #5014 on: May 02, 2017, 08:06:18 PM »
The discussion regarding profit reporting seems valid. Since everyone has a different amount invested it doesn't seem reasonable to report % NET profit after expenses, as the monthly cost of membership and VPS, total $60USD in my case, represents a different percentage for everyone. So, I'm thinking to say "gross weekly profit of 32%" (I wish).

Right now I'm just hoping to survive my 86% drawdown. If that account dies my profit will be about negative that figure.
Ed

Online Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #5015 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:53 PM »
999cjb in the members update you asked if there were any myfxbook accounts we'd like to see up and running again for tracking (followin the server issues).  Could I please request the following :-

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/ssg-eze074/1608255
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/eze083/1794565
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/axi-eze079/2063281

Thanks in advance.

PS. Similar to Ed, I'm also riding out some DD at present but profit still trickling in.

Online dutchie

« Reply #5016 on: May 04, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »
The discussion regarding profit reporting seems valid. Since everyone has a different amount invested it doesn't seem reasonable to report % NET profit after expenses, as the monthly cost of membership and VPS, total $60USD in my case, represents a different percentage for everyone. So, I'm thinking to say "gross weekly profit of 32%" (I wish).

Right now I'm just hoping to survive my 86% drawdown. If that account dies my profit will be about negative that figure.
Yeah EZE083 is really adding to the DD and keeps placing sell orders.
When EURUSD jumps up after Sunday France election a lot of my accounts will be in trouble because of EZE083.
There's a saying, success is doing what everyone else isn't doing, and not doing what everyone else is doing.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #5017 on: May 04, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »

When EURUSD jumps up after Sunday France election a lot of my accounts will be in trouble because of EZE083.

If you are convinced that EURUSD will jump up after the weekend I expect you will have a number of large buy trades open to make a lot of money. Good luck with that  :)

Online reinerh

« Reply #5018 on: May 04, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »

If you are convinced that EURUSD will jump up after the weekend I expect you will have a number of large buy trades open to make a lot of money. Good luck with that  :)

dutchie has a lot of sells open............

a gap to the upside and it will be kaboom.

in times like this bt are meaningless for grids.
new myfxbook home see below, accounts added soon.

they all will be fully verified.............

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexfidelitas

Online dutchie

« Reply #5019 on: May 04, 2017, 05:53:09 PM »

I wish that was true.
7.6 lots sell EURAUD, 7.6 lots sell  EURCAD and 7.6 sell lots EURNZD open and no Buy.
On a 170,000 cent account with risk = 0.3
DD = 93,6 % and those 3 are eating up $75,000 of the balance.
Others are USDJPY and EURJPY.
I'm afraid it's time for hedging  :(
There's a saying, success is doing what everyone else isn't doing, and not doing what everyone else is doing.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #5020 on: May 04, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »

I wish that was true.
7.6 lots sell EURAUD, 7.6 lots sell  EURCAD and 7.6 sell lots EURNZD open and no Buy.

I am not sure how you are getting this level of drawdown.

We have one account here running 3 x EZE083 each at 0.3 risk, 3 x EZE089 each at 0.3 risk, EZE075, EZE076 and EZE077 each with Multiplier of 1.

The balance at the moment is 36,000 and the drawdown is just under 27%.

We have another account with 3 x EZE083 each at 0.3 risk with an account balance of 17,000 and drawdown is 36%.

Online Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #5021 on: May 04, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
999cjb could you please get the myfxbooks fired up again on those accounts I'd mentioned so can keep a check that things are matching? :-

It would be good to add one that is just running EZE083 on its own so we can see that.  Donna has an account with EXE089 so we can look there fro that one. Thanks.

Regarding the comments on the euro, some brokers are also lowering the available leverage tomorrow through into next week which does needs to also be considered if you are tight for margin / equity already.  I added some more funds myself.

Online dutchie

« Reply #5022 on: May 04, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »

I wish that was true.

I am not sure how you are getting this level of drawdown.

We have one account here running 3 x EZE083 each at 0.3 risk, 3 x EZE089 each at 0.3 risk, EZE075, EZE076 and EZE077 each with Multiplier of 1.

The balance at the moment is 36,000 and the drawdown is just under 27%.

We have another account with 3 x EZE083 each at 0.3 risk with an account balance of 17,000 and drawdown is 36%.

Will send you a mail!

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #5023 on: May 04, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
999cjb could you please get the myfxbooks fired up again on those accounts I'd mentioned so can keep a check that things are matching? :-

It would be good to add one that is just running EZE083 on its own so we can see that.  Donna has an account with EXE089 so we can look there fro that one. Thanks.

Regarding the comments on the euro, some brokers are also lowering the available leverage tomorrow through into next week which does needs to also be considered if you are tight for margin / equity already.  I added some more funds myself.

I think all our funds are sufficient at this time but we shall see I guess  8)

We have re-added some of the myfxbooks but they do not seem to be working. Also the latest myfxbook download is picked up by Norton internet security as insecure so we are going to wait for a short while before adding any local versions of that one. But we may set them up again with the auto version to see if that is now working OK.

Online dutchie

« Reply #5024 on: May 04, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »

I wish that was true.
Found the error.
I used same magic number 83000 for all 3 pairs.
the sum of all open position for magic number was 7.6 lots.
And that number was shown in the EZE screen and set me on the wrong foot
What I saw was 7.6 open lots for each pair.
Which wasn't correct.
Warning: use different magic numbers for each pair.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Belkaglazer EA by reinerh
[Today at 02:13:07 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 01:39:34 PM]

Re: Forex Gold Investor EA by wallstreet.forex.robot
[Today at 10:57:42 AM]

Re: EA Controller by diyforexskills
[Today at 10:26:56 AM]

Re: EA Controller by Nadir
[Today at 10:10:51 AM]