collapse

Author Topic: Best Scalper  (Read 236138 times)

Offline donbon2

Re: Best Scalper
« Reply #1575 on: June 12, 2018, 09:21:11 PM »
dont panic - I know this will be useful again - but you just cant use Asian Scalpers right now -- every possible scenario is against them and it is not the time

dasher look at VF2 - this is doing well right now - I suggest moving to that over the next 3-4 months and use that money for BS when it comes good again.

I love BS it has been a great ride - but time to let the market do what it does first - then we get some more out of it later.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)
Forex Diamond - EUR + GBP + YEN (very small account)

(Martingale Trend Strategy - Zone/Parabolic/SuperTrend
 starting lot size 0.01)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #1576 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
dont panic - I know this will be useful again - but you just cant use Asian Scalpers right now -- every possible scenario is against them and it is not the time

dasher look at VF2 - this is doing well right now - I suggest moving to that over the next 3-4 months and use that money for BS when it comes good again.

I love BS it has been a great ride - but time to let the market do what it does first - then we get some more out of it later.

Once a strategy starts getting counter-traded by the market makers, many months pass before its profitable again. Best Scalper has been on sale with stellar live results for long and has been added to thousands of portfolios, so theres now a plenty of capital to counter-trade for the market makers for a long time.

Offline alaali

« Reply #1577 on: June 13, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »
Maybe it will work better if less people are using it. Let check after 3-4 months and see what is the situation.

Offline Jax

« Reply #1578 on: June 13, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »

Hi, you said what now we can't use Asian Scalpers, for some reasons like spread, slippage, etc. So, maybe you know what must happened or what condition need to be needed for return to this strategy?  :)

Thanks

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #1579 on: June 13, 2018, 12:11:07 PM »

Hi, you said what now we can't use Asian Scalpers, for some reasons like spread, slippage, etc. So, maybe you know what must happened or what condition need to be needed for return to this strategy?  :)

Thanks

Donbon2 has mentioned this before: ideally, we would need to see 3-5 trades per session hitting full TPs again for the market to be considered favorable.

What we have right now is 1-2 trades per session closing in small profit below the TP at best and rather frequent full stop-losses.

Unless and until this situation changes, the risk-reward ratio for this strategy will remain unjustifiably poor.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #1580 on: June 13, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »
Maybe it will work better if less people are using it. Let check after 3-4 months and see what is the situation.

The strategys performance might recover after most of its current users drop it from their portfolios. This would render its counter-trading unprofitable.

Theres always someone on the other side of your trades who is unwilling to lose to you as much as you are unwilling to lose to them. Before, you were successfully counter-trading them with this strategy which prompted them to increase their capital and now they successfully counter-trade you. As you cant increase your capital as fast by as much in response, you can only drop your strategy for the time being and wait for enough of its other users to do the same which would make counter-trading it unprofitable for a lack of liquidity provided by its users.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #1581 on: June 13, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »
I will post when I see conditions change - but I dont expect this for months
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions
Forex Trend Detector - EUR normal and high frequency + GBP (small account MM 0.5% Recovery)
Vol Factor 2 -- EUR MM1.3% + YEN MM1.2% + GBP MM0.9%  (((My Number 1 recommended EA at the moment)))
WS Evo 2 - EUR MM1.2% + GBP MM1.2% + YEN MM1.2% (I do not use WS Asia or Recovery Version)
Forex Diamond - EUR + GBP + YEN (very small account)

(Martingale Trend Strategy - Zone/Parabolic/SuperTrend
 starting lot size 0.01)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #1582 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:07 PM »
This situation isnt unique to Best Scalper. Once any strategy becomes used widely enough for its trades to establish enough joint liquidity, it becomes counter-traded for profit by the market makers. They dont resort to any dirty tricks - just allocate more capital to their opposite trades to outweigh yours and push the market against you in their favor. This is the very reason why no strategy ever lasts and the market is ever-changing. Otherwise, you would be expecting a permanent loser with infinite capital on the other side of your trades which is irrational by any means.

Best Scalper survived for quite some time because hardly anyone was using it after its initial failure back in 2014 (save for ForexGermany who runs all commercial bots into their end regardless of their performance). So it was not counter-traded for all these years, as there was simply no profit in pushing the market against it - the more popular initially profitable breakout strategies were targeted instead. Then, as Best Scalpers use grew from people who saw these results, it crossed a point beyond which it became lucrative for the market makers (aka market movers) to counter-trade this strategy.

What happened to this bot is not only bad but also good in a way, as it also demonstrates why a lasting profitable Forex strategy is impossible by definition, unless very few people trade it with very small amounts.

Offline Gpoint

« Reply #1583 on: June 13, 2018, 01:45:30 PM »
This situation isnt unique to Best Scalper. Once any strategy becomes used widely enough for its trades to establish enough joint liquidity, it becomes counter-traded for profit by the market makers. They dont resort to any dirty tricks - just allocate more capital to their opposite trades to outweigh yours and push the market against you in their favor. This is the very reason why no strategy ever lasts and the market is ever-changing. Otherwise, you would be expecting a permanent loser with infinite capital on the other side of your trades which is irrational by any means.

Best Scalper survived for quite some time because hardly anyone was using it after its initial failure back in 2014 (save for ForexGermany who runs all commercial bots into their end regardless of their performance). So it was not counter-traded for all these years, as there was simply no profit in pushing the market against it - the more popular initially profitable breakout strategies were targeted instead. Then, as Best Scalpers use grew from people who saw these results, it crossed a point beyond which it became lucrative for the market makers (aka market movers) to counter-trade this strategy.

What happened to this bot is not only bad but also good in a way, as it also demonstrates why a lasting profitable Forex strategy is impossible by definition, unless very few people trade it with very small amounts.

Lo chiamavano "Er sentenza"....
Vaia brodo...

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #1584 on: June 13, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
It's human nature to turn negative when things don't turn out as expected,  EA'S are no exception.  Since we base most of our decisions on historical data, I will again mention that BS is behaving like it did last year from mid May to about mid June; unless this losing trend continues for at least another month, I don't think we can justly pronounce BS dead.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:06:01 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #1585 on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »
It's human nature to turn negative when things don't turn out as expected,  EA'S are no exception.  Since we base most of our decisions on historical data, I will again mention that BS is behaving like it did last year from mid May to about mid June; unless this losing trend continues for at least another month, I don't think we can justly pronounce BS dead.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Last May, it was ninja news (aka black swans) that caused the losses which were promptly followed by strong streaks of winning trades, with multiple TPs hit per session.

This time, its big losses for no evident reason, with few break-even trades in between.

Online dasher1980

« Reply #1586 on: June 13, 2018, 08:24:51 PM »
Dont worry guys, I decided to stop this bloodbath on my accounts. So switched off all my BS EA's, so be prepared for some good profits, am sure all the green pips will start now :)

Offline grgr

• Elite
« Reply #1587 on: June 13, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
any idea for reverse trading?

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #1588 on: June 14, 2018, 01:10:24 AM »
Dont worry guys, I decided to stop this bloodbath on my accounts. So switched off all my BS EA's, so be prepared for some good profits, am sure all the green pips will start now :)

From your mouth Dasher to FxGod's ears and our trading stations$$$$.  ;)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline grgr

• Elite
« Reply #1589 on: June 15, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »
forex is a waste of time (and money). No ONE great EA or strategy made me money. Only viper who had luck to get out of drawdown, nothing else, but a pure luck.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Do you think you can do Forex business anytime? by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 02:31:34 PM]

Re: What inspires you to trade? by slimboydim
[Yesterday at 10:21:28 AM]

Re: Volatility Factor by Tyler
[Yesterday at 07:15:56 AM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by torrie602
[Yesterday at 02:44:34 AM]

Re: Wall Street Forex Robot by Svenson
[June 22, 2018, 11:34:50 PM]

Re: Volatility Factor by nick3232
[June 22, 2018, 10:43:42 PM]

Re: Trading Personalities -- Best Lifestyle, Goals, Values, and Psychology by reinerh
[June 22, 2018, 09:48:49 PM]

Re: Volatility Factor by FLechdrop
[June 22, 2018, 09:47:13 PM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by rsmereka
[June 22, 2018, 08:16:08 PM]

Re: Forex Force 2.0 by jwatts7701
[June 22, 2018, 07:07:48 PM]