collapse

Author Topic: Worst time to trade Forex  (Read 239 times)

Offline SweetPrincess

Worst time to trade Forex
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:23:42 PM »
In Forex trading, there are times when you can trade to make profit and when you can incur losses. Based on my own experience, the worst period to trade is during festival period when people are going to Christmas holidays. Banks are also closed during this period. What do you think?
Sweet_Princess

Offline Neurotic

Re: Worst time to trade Forex
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »
Yeah, and a worse time to trade can be while we lost a lot and we are angry or greedy, it is the worst time to trade with Forex, as we will tend to make wrong decisions.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 12:06:10 PM »
Yeah, and a worse time to trade can be while we lost a lot and we are angry or greedy, it is the worst time to trade with Forex, as we will tend to make wrong decisions.

True. Revenge trading usually only leads to further losses. If you've lost money stop for a bit, analyze your mistake, then go forward. Don't try to get them back at all costs.

Offline forexbaby

• Private fund trader
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:22:15 PM »

if lost, stop and review.

Then start with smaller lot to test first

Also Dec 3rd week to 2nd week Jan. No point trading!

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
There's generally little point in trading during major global holidays. The market is almost asleep then.

Offline Mitchell Marsh

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »
My strategy produces good entry points on only trendy market! So, for me rangy market is not appropriate for trading! I always avoid rangy condition of market!

Offline diamond

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Yes the time when we loose money is a worst time for trading. It is quite sensitive time because our mind thinks differently . We want to overcome this loss. We are in bad mental situation. In forex market 24 hours are for activity you have to choose best time of trading. No one can say any special time best or worst for you except you.

Offline Siti Nurhaliza

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
I fully avoid last 4 hours of Friday! Because of so many spikes! Besides, maximum institutional Forex traders are not available on this session! Thats way I am not interested.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »
I would say the worst time to trade is NFP, but then again for some people it is the best time. It actually depends on your perspective and trading style.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
It still depends on your trading style and perspective. But I believe most traders hate summer holidays for European and US markets due to extremely low volume and volatility. As I always mentioned, every strategy needs decent volatility to be profitable.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
It still depends on your trading style and perspective. But I believe most traders hate summer holidays for European and US markets due to extremely low volume and volatility. As I always mentioned, every strategy needs decent volatility to be profitable.

The winter holidays can be just as much of a poor time to trade due to lack of volatility and liquidity. Generaly, the fewer people on the market, the harder it is to trade.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:28 AM »

The winter holidays can be just as much of a poor time to trade due to lack of volatility and liquidity. Generaly, the fewer people on the market, the harder it is to trade.

Yeah, but as I know it is worst on summer due to most money managers will go for their long vacation usually.

Offline Luisa Arraes

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 10:44:37 AM »
Based on me, corrective sessions are too complicated to trade! Because, there have enough number of sellers and buyers, so you may not get any decent directional move as like trendy market.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »
Based on me, corrective sessions are too complicated to trade! Because, there have enough number of sellers and buyers, so you may not get any decent directional move as like trendy market.

One has to learn to trade corrections because most currency pairs seem to be in correction a lot of the time.

browse forum

* Recent Posts