collapse

Author Topic: Harmonics Trader EA  (Read 149000 times)

Online reinerh

Re: Harmonics Trader EA
« Reply #990 on: July 17, 2017, 01:12:24 AM »
and i got walters mail,

so he got that fixed as well so it seems.
new myfxbook home see below, accounts added soon.

they all will be fully verified.............

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexfidelitas

Online Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #991 on: July 17, 2017, 01:25:48 AM »
Guys

I had an issue with the new version because for some reason the previous one opened 4 trades instead of 3 - it completely screwed things up so my new version wouldn't work.

Even though it's 01:30 in Belgium Walter took over my pc and sorted it out. Nowhere can you get that level of support and assistance when things aren't quite right.

I really want this thing to be successful because the guy deserves it. So many scammers and wasters have made millions out of Forex, it's time a really genuine guy got his fair share too.

Thanks to Walter, and good luck to us all for the coming week.

Here, here: Solid rock! A man of integrity!

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

« Reply #992 on: July 17, 2017, 02:14:08 AM »
Guys

I had an issue with the new version because for some reason the previous one opened 4 trades instead of 3 - it completely screwed things up so my new version wouldn't work.

Even though it's 01:30 in Belgium Walter took over my pc and sorted it out. Nowhere can you get that level of support and assistance when things aren't quite right.

I really want this thing to be successful because the guy deserves it. So many scammers and wasters have made millions out of Forex, it's time a really genuine guy got his fair share too.

Thanks to Walter, and good luck to us all for the coming week.

Here, here: Solid rock! A man of integrity!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Emerging Bullish Gartly 1 but only after I refreshed the EA; could be a coincidence.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Lingsbord

« Reply #993 on: July 17, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »
I have it too Ilios
I'd rather have a bottle in front o' me than a frontal lobotomy

Offline Walter_HT

• HarmonicsTrader
« Reply #994 on: July 17, 2017, 09:35:06 AM »
Thanks for you kind words people, that's what keeps me going!

BUG ALERT!!!!!
That Gartley only shows up if you refresh (open settings and click ok)
The fib retracement XB gets wrong then?
I already found the bug and will fix it ASAP.
Keep an eye on your in box.
Update will follow asap!
Walter
www.HarmonicsTrader.com

"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties" ~Chopin~

Offline Walter_HT

• HarmonicsTrader
« Reply #995 on: July 17, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
The bug is fixed!
v4.3.1 can be downloaded and installed.

The bug was: Deviation of Fib retracements get wrong when reopening settings and clicking ok.

When just applying the EA and not change any setting afterwards, this would not have been an issue though.
And also in Back Testing this would not have occurred, hence the fact that I was not able to catch this bug.
(And market was closed when working on that so it could not be tested in real time)

I am very confident that we now have a stable version!

Again, so sorry for your trouble and hope that all works out well!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:34:14 PM by Walter_HT »
Walter
www.HarmonicsTrader.com

"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties" ~Chopin~

« Reply #996 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »
The bug is fixed!

The bug was: Deviation of Fib retracements get wrong when reopening settings and clicking ok.

When just applying the EA and not change any setting afterwards, this would not have been an issue though.
And also in Back Testing this would not have occurred, hence the fact that I was not able to catch this bug.

Hello, Walter.

Does this mean that the "Emerging Bullish Gartley 1", is "not" a warranted pattern and should be closed, or should we just hang on?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline Walter_HT

• HarmonicsTrader
« Reply #997 on: July 17, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »
That is indeed NOT a warranted pattern!  So close it if you will or can.
De fib retracement for X-B may only be 0.618 plus or minus 5% deviation which gives a max retracement of 0.648.
But if you refreshed the EA it became 10% deviation, and as you can see on the chart, the retracement was 0.672 and it past the test.

It is anyhow still a valid Gartley, but with too much slack.

See screen shot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:52:01 PM by Walter_HT »
Walter
www.HarmonicsTrader.com

« Reply #998 on: July 17, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
The bug is fixed!

Hello, Walter.

Does this mean that the "Emerging Bullish Gartley 1", is "not" a warranted pattern and should be closed, or should we just hang on?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Thanks, Walter.

I think I am going to hang on until it retraces back to opening price, 1.4452 and then close it; that is if it does retrace: :-\.

It's part of the risk.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:06:37 PM by Humble Trader's Fx. »

Offline Lingsbord

« Reply #999 on: July 17, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »
So I have an emerging bullish butterfly which no-one else seemed to have. Price action came down far enough to trigger 3 shorts and then went up.

This morning price action came back to a tiny profit level and triggered 3 more shorts on a Gartley that shouldn't have been there, and once again the price action went up.

I'm now 6 trades short and underwater.

However, I'm not concerned. These are swing trades and I'll ride them to the stops or the TPs regardless.

Bugs happen, shit happens, the markets happen. No big deal, I still fully believe in what we're doing here, and after all even if these trades all go against me it will be my first losing trade since we started, so I could hardly complain.

Offline castlebrook

« Reply #1000 on: July 17, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »
Hi guys,
I was thinking about buying this EA and I've read some of this thread. I get the impression that this is not a set and forget EA. Would I be right in that?  You guys seem to be monitoring trades quite closely and closing lots of your trades independently.  Many of you have different trades too.

Would that be a fair assessment?

Also the EA seems to be a work in progress ref bugs etc. Is that fair?

Thanks.

« Reply #1001 on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
Hi guys,
I was thinking about buying this EA and I've read some of this thread. I get the impression that this is not a set and forget EA. Would I be right in that?  You guys seem to be monitoring trades quite closely and closing lots of your trades independently.  Many of you have different trades too.

Would that be a fair assessment?

Also the EA seems to be a work in progress ref bugs etc. Is that fair?

Thanks.

Hello, castlebrook.

Yes and no: You caught this thread at a time when there has been an update, which had a minor bug, that is why we are keeping close look at it. Basically, we should have known better, most of us are seasoned traders. "You should never activate an update or new EA on a real account." I for one, did activate it on my live account because as I have stated earlier, Harmonics Trader, is only one of my EA's and the risk is very small.
I have been using this EA more than 2 years and the results have been very good. Yes, it helps to monitor it, as with most EA's  and I have found when I use my better judgment, I get slightly better results but that is my style; others who have set and forget, are also showing phenomenal results as of the new version (two versions ago.).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline Lingsbord

« Reply #1002 on: July 17, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
Hi castlebrook

I'd say this is absolutely a set-and-forget EA, or that's what it's intended to be anyway. We're all a bit trigger-happy that's all.

I would say the product is fully developed, but the guy is always looking to improve where he can. Any bugs are new bugs that come about from the new releases, they're not there before, so once they're dealt with, they're gone. Previous versions have been around for a good while now so I think he knows what he's doing. If you're into Harmonics, there's nothing else out there like this.

I'm in, real money, and very happy so far.

Offline Lingsbord

« Reply #1003 on: July 17, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »
So the strangely occurring butterfly and the bug-powered "Gartley-that-wasn't" have cost me 8%

Luckily I made way more than that last week.

Online CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #1004 on: July 18, 2017, 03:42:37 AM »
I got nicked leaving those two series of trades open on the bearish black swan and emerging bullish shark losing me a solid $10K, but I'm not too choked about it. I was toying with closing them out when they were about $13 in the green, but I do intend to keep the EA going as it goes and just let it do its thing. What's always burned me on Harmonics in the end is just that trigger happy kind of thing and it's because it skews the R/R portion of the trading strategy.

One of the big advantages of harmonics is that it gives us big reward setups and it's really easy to look at something like 40% of a big reward, grab it, and kinda muss up the metrics of what makes the strategy a long term success.

So...OUCH! But carrying on. :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:41:41 PM]

Re: Q&A Broker rebates and discounts by HFT Group
[Today at 12:21:19 PM]

Re: Fidelitas by nwboater
[Yesterday at 11:27:18 PM]

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by donnaforex
[Yesterday at 08:08:32 PM]

Re: Fidelitas by reinerh