collapse

Author Topic: Fidelitas  (Read 12558 times)

Online dupapa

Re: Fidelitas
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2017, 02:03:55 PM »
well everyone here has only ever been welcoming to reinerh, but if he still feels he needs to stop providing signals

as much as I agree with all you, an wish that he would still continue,

what else can we do,

good luck Reinerh

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »
Well,

My first day of trades to report 10 losers unfortunately for -308 pips.

Maybe I will end in profit before my subscription expires!

Offline compujock

« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »
All trading (all good trading anyway) has ups and downs.  If a trader never has downs, you should be very worried!  As no down days means its probably a martingale, grid, or hold and hope strategy and will blow our accounts some day.  So, when we have down days we should be very happy!  :-)   As long as there's more ups than downs in the long run, it's all good.

Thanks Reiner!   Looking forward to more ups and downs.  :-)

Demo Test of Serial Scalper 2.0 manual strategy from fxquickroute:

Online Humble Trader's Fx

« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
All trading (all good trading anyway) has ups and downs.  If a trader never has downs, you should be very worried!  As no down days means its probably a martingale, grid, or hold and hope strategy and will blow our accounts some day.  So, when we have down days we should be very happy!  :-)   As long as there's more ups than downs in the long run, it's all good.

I think you clearly misunderstood; I have no problem with the ups or downs, Reiherh, himself made it a point to emphasize this.  The concern I am voicing here is that after the current subscription ends, there will be no more ups or downs, for you or for me,  unless you have a private special arrangement.  ;)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline compujock

« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:46 PM »

I think you clearly misunderstood; I have no problem with the ups or downs, Reiherh, himself made it a point to emphasize this.  The concern I am voicing here is that after the current subscription ends, there will be no more ups or downs, for you or for me,  unless you have a private special arrangement.  ;)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
Sure.  No, I wasn't commenting on or answering anyone in particular.  I meant to just be speaking in general terms.  And maybe I should have worded that better.  :-)   It's just that Reiner has had to deal with so much drama and criticism, I thought he might enjoy seeing someone thank him for losses.  :-)  People (especially that other forum) tend to complain incessantly when losses come (especially the over leveraged ones).

« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader
Sure.  No, I wasn't commenting on or answering anyone in particular.  I meant to just be speaking in general terms.  And maybe I should have worded that better.  :-)   It's just that Reiner has had to deal with so much drama and criticism, I thought he might enjoy seeing someone thank him for losses.  :-)  People (especially that other forum) tend to complain incessantly when losses come (especially the over leveraged ones).

I agree; this is such a poor form of communication, but when cool heads prevail, the Universe becomes a better place for all. I hope Rein appreciates what I am claiming here, "Cool heads = tranquility".

Have a nice day.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline reinerh

« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »
compu or anybody else who might know ???

does anybody know what kind of safeguards myfxbook has in place that trades dont get copied without the traders consent ??

as you all know i am for full transparency but.................

for full verification one has to provide the investor password, so that means anybody could copy it if they have access to their systems, like an employee for example. i am sure they must have some safeguards in place but it always had me worried over the years.

by accident earlier this year i ran across a service redistributing signals from mq en masse. fee was like $ 30 a month and they had lots of mq signals listed.

its kinda funny, i was in contact with a fellow provider who of course had his accounts also fully verified, and that little fact never even crossed his mind.

so just curious if anybody has any insights.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:45:32 PM by reinerh »
new myfxbook home see below, accounts added soon.

they all will be fully verified.............

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexfidelitas

Offline oportunis

« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »

does anybody know what kind of safeguards myfxbook has in place that trades dont get copied without the traders consent ??

since for full verification one has to provide the investor password, so that means anybody could copy it if they have access to their systems, like an employee for example. i am sure they must have some safeguards in place but it always had me worried over the years.

by accident earlier this year i ran across a service redistributing signals from mq en masse. fee was like $ 30 a month and they had lots of mq signals listed.

You can verify it with investor password when you choose myfxbook autoupdate. Once it is verified you change it to update via myfxbook EA. Than you can change investor password to something you know only. EA doesn't need investor password, it needs email and myfxbook password and it sends updates every xy minutes you want.

Offline reinerh

« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »

since for full verification one has to provide the investor password, so that means anybody could copy it if they have access to their systems, like an employee for example. i am sure they must have some safeguards in place but it always had me worried over the years.

You can verify it with investor password when you choose myfxbook autoupdate. Once it is verified you change it to update via myfxbook EA. Than you can change investor password to something you know only. EA doesn't need investor password, it needs email and myfxbook password and it sends updates every xy minutes you want.

hmm, not so sure about this since i read that they log into the server several times a day to verify again that all data is correct, and or if they cant log since the pw was changed now the verification is gone.

so in order to do so they must have the valid current password. that again means they could be logged in continuously.

this is quite the complex issue........................

Offline oportunis

« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
This I don't know, but you can check this easily with demo. If the verification is gone after few days than this is true if not than you can use this for real account :)

Offline reinerh

« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »
This I don't know, but you can check this easily with demo. If the verification is gone after few days than this is true if not than you can use this for real account :)

yupp, thats a very good idea.....................

i have written them today also to find out, i am determined to get to the bottom of this.

i seen so many providers over the years having no verification and that made total sense to me , but from somebody thinking about joining whatever signal, assurance is needed that its not faked thats also clear. so there is a total conflict of interest.

see thales below, non verified at all. and he is a damm good trader.........................

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/finbou/finbou-thales-main/2121852

Offline compujock

« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2017, 06:11:22 PM »

hmm, not so sure about this since i read that they log into the server several times a day to verify again that all data is correct, and or if they cant log since the pw was changed now the verification is gone.

so in order to do so they must have the valid current password. that again means they could be logged in continuously.

this is quite the complex issue........................
What opportunis said is what I've done in the past as well.  I haven't had anything verified recently so not sure if things have changed.  If it is continuous login now, then we will all have to figure out how to deal with that...

« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »

as you all know i am for full transparency but.................

for full verification one has to provide the investor password, so that means anybody could copy it if they have access to their systems, like an employee for example. i am sure they must have some safeguards in place but it always had me worried over the years.

its kinda funny, i was in contact with a fellow provider who of course had his accounts also fully verified, and that little fact never even crossed his mind.

Hello, Rein.

What you are asking, " if I understand correctly", is almost impossible.  From the broker providing you the platform to myfxbook and beyond there is always that possibility of someone copying your signal covertly, unless you set up your own service where you distribute your own signal and even there if anyone is savy enought and knows about you from your ISP provider, they can get your signal but that is one for the espionage duds to worry about.  :D

As I have suggested to you earlier,  you should just continue providing your singnal through the services you have been using and don't worry about the rest.  You can vary your name and signal every month for example so that those claiming to copy without your permission will have a hell of a time; just one suggestion.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online dupapa

« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:52 PM »
Reinerh.

Ive always verified and then straight after changed the investor password for my account. About once a year it looses the verification.

I think it's a one time check.

The checks they do on data I assume they download at end of data the broker data. And then verify accounts vs this.

I very much doubt each and every user account is logged into daily and the data downloaded per account.

That's like downloading the exact same data thousands of times

So verify it. Change it.

Use the ea as it only user email and pass

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Offline reinerh

« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2017, 09:12:36 PM »
Reinerh.

Ive always verified and then straight after changed the investor password for my account. About once a year it looses the verification.

I think it's a one time check.

The checks they do on data I assume they download at end of data the broker data. And then verify accounts vs this.

I very much doubt each and every user account is logged into daily and the data downloaded per account.

That's like downloading the exact same data thousands of times

So verify it. Change it.

Use the ea as it only user email and pass

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

this might not work anymore, see attachment. you cant even show any account anymore publicly without verification. fantastic idea for signal followers = transparent.

but not for anybody concerned about getting copied behind his back. i googled today and read several concerns like mine.

so i cant show any of my other accounts anymore, and the signal one will go dark too after subs are expired.

will look into other publishing sites, mt4i and fxstat but myfxbook sure was my favorite so far.

oh well...................

none or less i will try your approach dupapa, and if that works all is good.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:33:53 PM by reinerh »

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Scalper by alaali
[Today at 05:03:20 AM]

Re: ECB ending deposit protection? by CanadianPsycho
[Today at 01:41:52 AM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by CanadianPsycho
[Today at 01:39:01 AM]

Re: ECB ending deposit protection? by oportunis
[Today at 12:02:21 AM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Humble Trader's Fx