The Donna Forex Lounge > Off-Topic & The Airing Room

What do you do when you feel lonely....?

(1/2) > >>

Keysen Johnson:
Sometimes I feel like nobody cares about me and that I worth nothing....... my kids are married or don't live with me anymore they have their own life.......... how to fight this feeling...??? thanks.........

Humble Trader's Fx:

--- Quote from: Keysen Johnson on February 18, 2020, 02:05:46 PM ---Sometimes I feel like nobody cares about me and that I worth nothing....... my kids are married or don't live with me anymore they have their own life.......... how to fight this feeling...??? thanks.........

--- End quote ---

Hear you! A lot has to do with one's personality: If you are an extrovert, normally they don't have issues but for introverts who have spent most of their lives working and contributing to their family, the hard part comes when they say "thank you", if they do say that much, and just walk into the void.

I think most world philosophers had voiced the same philosophy, "know thy self". I mean really get to know yourself, it is not as easy as it sounds. Having spent your life sacrificing and giving to others, we don't naturally take the time to think deeply about our mortality and how limiting life could be, especially if we don't pause now and then to "smell the flowers".

There is much I can talk to you about but the following stories might help in this:

http://iliasleousis.blogspot.com/2017/05/episode-xl-mam-kaka-nani-and-sixteenth.html

The following is for the younger croud but the message is the same:

http://iliasleousis.blogspot.com/2015/06/episode-xxxiii-love-is-ink-wisdom-is_7.html

Stay strong.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

peter_s:

--- Quote from: Keysen Johnson on February 18, 2020, 02:05:46 PM ---Sometimes I feel like nobody cares about me and that I worth nothing....... my kids are married or don't live with me anymore they have their own life.......... how to fight this feeling...??? thanks.........

--- End quote ---

Don't get involved in trading forex :o Seriously, this has to be one of the most 'isolating' of all 'professions' if you can call it that - staring at charts, systems, EA's you need to be content working 'alone' which of course is very different to being lonely. Forums like this really help and can guide you through a lot of the pitfalls. Otherwise, I would structure your day to ensure you spend at least a few hours of each day in the company of others; which could simply mean going to the nearest coffee bar, walk in a busy park, anything which brings you into human contact. The trick is not to fall into the trap of staring at screens all day!

Parenthood is all-consuming for some 20 years and many feel the same 'vacuum' as you I am sure - now you have a wonderful opportunity to chase your own dreams - good luck!

diyforexskills:

--- End quote ---

Volunteering can be a fulfilling pastime. I joined CompterPals for Seniors some time ago after retirement, sharing my incomplete computer skills with those who had no clue at all but who wanted to be connected to their friends and offspring. Originally it was for help with Word and Windows, but these days it's help with smartphones and tablets that seem to be in demand.

Nuadagas:
I think it's really something where you can devote some time to me as well on way many levels that it can't resists here. You should have some hobby or other doings, I bet there are some social movements where you really can introduce yourself and try to take it further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version