collapse

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 8534 times)

Online deathlord

Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
Usually you get 5 activations (but sometimes more) and that means that you can install the EA on 5 different hardwares (the count of the activation left is indicated in your mql5 profile).
Just to be clear, is that for simultaneous installations and can this count be reset?

Online corre971

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:59 AM »
Usually you get 5 activations (but sometimes more) and that means that you can install the EA on 5 different hardwares (the count of the activation left is indicated in your mql5 profile).
Just to be clear, is that for simultaneous installations and can this count be reset?
Not, the count cannot be resetted, and at every installation on 1 hardware (pc or vps not mt4 terminal) u lose 1 activation. On one hardware then u can run all the mt4 terminals u want with the single activation u have already used. So, if u do nof change often vps all will be ok

Offline reinerh

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »
Not, the count cannot be resetted, and at every installation on 1 hardware (pc or vps not mt4 terminal) u lose 1 activation. On one hardware then u can run all the mt4 terminals u want with the single activation u have already used. So, if u do nof change often vps all will be ok

that would be crappy if you are right corre. meaning that could be used up fast, then you have to shell out 2k again.

does not make 100% sense to me, but maybe thats the way it is.

Online CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »
I'm not sure but I think you might be able to appeal to the vendor for more activations, but that might not be true. I've had the same VPS for so long, I've never had an issue with using too many activations.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2017, 04:28:11 AM »

that would be crappy if you are right corre. meaning that could be used up fast, then you have to shell out 2k again.

OBJECTION YOUR HONOUR, HEAR SAY !!!

Hello Joel,

After the period of rental, if I decide to purchase, does the number of activations reset?

I ask because during the trial, I may use most of the activations in order to test the various configurations; as you know, there are 4 levels of risk alone.

And after that expires, and with the purchase, I may decide to use those on several different live account to protect capital, spread risk, and so on.

So far, it's great, I don't know the logic, but it's excellent, no human can trade like this!

Regards, John

Hi John,

I have good news, the activations will reset, but not only this, the activations works this way: one activation is spend each time you install the expert in a different computer or VPS. But in this computer/vps, you can install the expert in all the mt4 instances and accounts you want. Then, what you need to be careful is not use a lot of computers.

Best regards,

Joel
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:31:53 AM by The_Snowman »

Online deathlord

« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:23 AM »
Well, I hope this system works well with VPS containers, because one of the reasons for using a VPS is, that the container can be moved across different hardware in case of error or defects.

So I am bit skeptical about this activation thing. You're always depending on others to keep the system up. Similar with mqllock which is acting up and causing problems for weeks now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline wroeckert

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »

If you change Hardware or , like me , you change Windows and run out Actvations you can ask the support, then you get a new activation

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:39:25 AM by wroeckert »

Online donbon2

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »
easy to see how this trades - aggressive -- nice gains but then gave it all back - seems it is missing one filter to be absolutely top notch
Broker - Pepperstone / IC Markets
VPS - Amazon EC2    N Virginia

EA - Best Scalper (Version 1.32 1600-1800 only on IC Live02) / Momentum H1 Conservative / PZ Grid / Custom built with Strat Quant

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4

Offline reinerh

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2017, 01:03:36 PM »
Well, I hope this system works well with VPS containers, because one of the reasons for using a VPS is, that the container can be moved across different hardware in case of error or defects.

So I am bit skeptical about this activation thing. You're always depending on others to keep the system up. Similar with mqllock which is acting up and causing problems for weeks now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mq lock is a complete joke. it literally destroyed a vps of mine a few years ago. not even cns could fix it they had to give me a new one.

mql5 is the mothership of mt4 and they are definetely more on top of things then mqlock.

Offline alaali

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
I read somewhere that it will be updated to stop trading on Fridays. Maybe this will improve the things a little bit.

easy to see how this trades - aggressive -- nice gains but then gave it all back - seems it is missing one filter to be absolutely top notch

Online CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
What do you mean gave it all back? The vendor's MyFxbook is up 455% since inception.

If you're looking at trading over the span of a week or two to determine profitability, you may as well withdraw all your money from your brokerage account, put it in front of you and light it on fire. At least that way it'll keep you warm for a little while.

This EA is very profitable and stable over the long term. If you get deterred because it didn't make you money in a week, well fine. Don't use it. More liquidity for the rest of us anyhow.

As for Friday trading, I think the jury is still out on that one. Eliminating Friday trading would surely get rid of the worst price action that the EA has seen in the past couple of years, but I'm not convinced that that's a constant over several more years. I think some better back testing might reveal even Fridays to be profitable long term.

Offline reinerh

« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
canadian,

i analysed the longest sfe account, and friday off is better by quite a bit.

that of course might change, i remember nfp moves being very much one way.

this fridays action clearly hit sfe stops dead on, and that sure was weird as heck. as if the mm knew where they were at.

there will be better days coming this fall for sure.

Online CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
canadian,

this fridays action clearly hit sfe stops dead on, and that sure was weird as heck. as if the mm knew where they were at.

Well maybe that's the ticket; trading friday NFPs only. On Aug' 4th, SFE did very nicely after all.

Offline reinerh

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2017, 07:18:05 PM »
canadian,

Well maybe that's the ticket; trading friday NFPs only. On Aug' 4th, SFE did very nicely after all.

no no no, sfe is awfull on friday longterm, joel made the right choice disabling.

i am sure it had good fridays as well, but going back in history friday is bad.

my bot also took a bit of a loss on friday, but a tiny one. so i will let it do its thing on fridays.

Online CanadianPsycho

• Global Moderator
  • Free markets are sexy
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2017, 07:49:48 PM »
Well I meant specifically NFP fridays since the last couple have gone well. I was wondering if you or anyone else had looked at action on the NFP specifically. So here's what the myfxbook for the vendor shows.

Aug 4th, +1.30%
Jul 7th, +1.04%
Jun 2nd, -0.53%
May 5th, -1.34%
Apr 7th, -1.81%
Mar 10th, -0.93%
Feb 3rd, +0.22%
Jan 6th, -0.78%

So some pretty dismal results so far this year on NFP Fridays. I'm just wondering if this is consistent behavior so far as you can tell reinerh.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by felipebr
[Today at 01:35:04 PM]

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by GoldSpanner
[Today at 01:08:10 PM]

Re: Shorts-n-longs (PA, S&R, etc.) by alextrader79
[Today at 12:49:15 PM]

Re: Anyone a member of Asirikuy.com? by felipebr
[Today at 12:28:13 PM]

Re: What are your bad habits while trading forex? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 12:00:58 PM]