collapse

Author Topic: Compu-Forex  (Read 3394 times)

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
Re: Compu-Forex
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
Hi guys,

Please update to V1.21 from my website.

EA will now initialize the data download when you load/restart the EA. It will also inspect the indicator output before allowing trades off the data.

I have included a basic money management routine. You decide the initial lots and the EA will increase lots in line with EQUITY on the account as it grows.

The swap alert is working but I have at least 1 broker(swissquote) that appears to change swaps every hour. You can select swap alert to false if this happens. It also automatically re-initializes the EA if a swap alert is triggered, so the EA can see if the swap changes affect the trading basket(unlikely but you never know).

Good trading

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:56:17 AM by kennyhubbard »
Wealth Creation Through Technology
www.compu-forex.com

Online reinerh

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »

hi kenny,

i just tried to load the update, discovered that the trendtrader link is not working.

the swap one works fine.

keep up the good work :)
new myfxbook home see below, accounts added soon.

they all will be fully verified.............

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexfidelitas

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:12 PM »
Hi reinerh

Thanks for the feedback......sorry about that.

The link should be working now. :-[
www.compu-forex.com

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
Hi Kenny and welcome  - you have some promising bots, but grid trading is unlikely to produce a sustained profit longer term, unless you use a very strict SL for basket trades to avoid an account meltdown. I also think you may be approaching this the wrong way around; ie being too technology focused, rather than on a good low risk trading system in the first place. There are decent EA writer(s) already on this site who can knock up a decent EA once you provide them with the strategy, and this is the key IMHO - so maybe adopt a two pronged approach and avoid these high risk ( gird/marti & scalp) systems, with more focus on the 'system'.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your input. I apologize for the slow reply. I have taken some time to consider how best to respond.

First off let me start by admitting that I am all about the technology. I believe that there is no holy grail out there and the best systems will use incremental steps to improve it's performance, leaving no pip unturned, so to speak. This is my strength I think it will be good to follow this route. We all have different routes.....this is just mine.

You are correct about grids and that they are unlikely to succeed in the long term but one has to look at why. IMHO the big problem with grids is that they trade few pairs and once they are in a series of trades, they no longer produce any profit until the grid has closed in profit. Often the silent killer in these systems are months of drawdown, whilst swaps gnaw away at the equity. Don't even get me started on the futility of hedge grids.

Conversely, my system still continues to produce profit whilst some pairs may have a drawdown, still winning some 80% of trades. Even then trades that build a grid end up producing some income.

Consider for a moment a pair like USDTRY which produces, typically $130 per 0.1 lots per month. This is $1560 per year, or 15.6% return(on a $10k account). I know this doesn't clear the drawdown but I believe you can see the benefits. It's a hidden gem, like compound interest.

Consider that most grids need to clear themselves ASAP to keep making money, leading to either increased lot sizes(martingale) or tight grids. Both of these threaten the safety of your account.

Conversely, in my system, for the 2 reasons first mentioned, we are not concerned with clearing out the grid at the risk of the account. We adopt it as a carry trade. We therefore trade so conservatively that it is unlikely that your account will ever be threatened with a blowup, and still produce satisfactory returns.

There will be those that try and increase returns by trading larger lot sizes and they may even blow up their accounts but I am aiming to have clients achieve consistent 5% per month and be able to do it with 1:50 leverage.

I might point out some other advantages of my EA. It is relatively unaffected by latency*. It doesn't matter if it isn't connected to the internet 24/7*. One of my demo accounts I run from my laptop which is routinely disconnected from the internet for up to 18 hours at a time while I travel. The way it enters it's orders means that it is less exposed to flash crash/fat finger trading. Advanced trailing stop to lock in profit. You don't have to turn it off for news events, which it loves. As you can see technology has something to contribute.

To coin a phrase.....there is so much winning here you going to get sick of winning  ;D

*Obviously results will be better when run off a VPS. I am just illustrating that it is not a critical requirement like some EA's
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:45:50 AM by kennyhubbard »
www.compu-forex.com

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 05:31:18 AM »
Hi Kenny

Both EAs are humming along nicely. About two or three marty type closures only so far after two weeks. Up $79 trading 0.02 lots per trade.

But a clarification pls from your previous Post. Eg if the EA had taken a Buy on the audusd at 1.10 some years ago, and that trade was never closed as price dropped to around 0.70 over the years, how many additional Marty steps would have been added and could potentially all these trades still be in DD?  (less any money earned via swap if applicable).
That is, how large is the grid and is there any cut off; or should we do that manually based on our own assessment?

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
Hi DIY,

Glad to hear it is going good so far :-)

Of course, you seem to know how to go straight for the Achilles heel....

The scenario you mention does seem to be a worse case and I will examine it in more depth. Initial tests suggest a 75% drawdown over a period of 3 years at 0.02 lots on a $10k account. What I cannot determine at this stage is the amount of swap collected, because my tester does not have the historical swap rates.

It is also worth noting that RBA was continually cutting interest rates over the period which contributed significantly to the AUD decline. I would suggest that in a case where you are consistently trading against a declining interest rate differential, it would be worth using your discretion to exit on a fundamental basis.

Fortunately when trading such small lots, you do have time on your hands to make such an assessment.

To answer your answer about the grid size, I cannot really say......you select a multiple of ATR for the grid space(default 4). This is the H1 ATR so the grid space will be bigger if the currency is more volatile. Then we have the bargain stop-order system, which introduces a variable. If the currency drops rapidly with no retracements, the grid space will also be bigger as it will only take a new trade on retracement.

I have attached the test results for you to consider.

I am currently experimenting with an equity stoploss where when any single currency exceeds a certain drawdown, it will close those positions.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:00:23 PM by kennyhubbard »
www.compu-forex.com

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 06:02:04 AM »
Thanks Kenny
I see that your website is coming along nicely.
The equity stop would be a nice feature; manual close option is always available, but psychology often gets in the way of a rational decision.

A 75% DD over 3 yrs for one pair is not too bad I guess for  worse case scenario as long as the other 40 odd pairs behave and make profit. Still, would need another mining boom for the Aussie to climb back out of that DD!

Can we assume that similar grid logic applies to Trend Trader? I am running both Swap and Trend EAs concurrently and will start testing the beta RSI EA.

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 07:26:33 AM »
Hi DIY,

Yes, the trend trader is the same logic. Essentially both EA's look for the same entry on the short term. The swap EA then looks for swaps and trend EA looks for trends.

Unfortunately the grid logic that I use for the swap EA does not hold true for the trend EA in that there is absolutely no long term benefit to holding open a grid and instead it costs money. And unfortunately trends do change.........I don't have quite as much confidence in this strategy which is why I'm not really out there trying to sell it.

Also note that the Trend Trader will also trade CFD's and Indices, so there are a couple of additional setting that you need to pay attention to.

Look at Trade_ONLY_fx which allows you to disable the "non_fx" instruments on your platform. Also pay attention to Force_Minlot.....If your lotsize is set to 0.02 lots, the EA will trade this or the minimum lotsize permitted by your broker and when it comes to non-fx instruments, this can often be 1.0 lots. Force min_lot will then avoid trading anything that cannot be traded at your selected trade size of 0.02.

Historically my testing has not yielded good results with the non-fx instruments. Perhaps in the future as I improve the logic......
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:28:39 AM by kennyhubbard »
www.compu-forex.com

Online reinerh

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
kenny,

your explanation to peter i concur 100%

it does make a lot of sense to me = mainly your small lot sizing but entering most all pairs.

an exit strategy you mentioned = pair eq loss limit also makes sense. make it $ based, at x $ dd a pair close out.
lot size .04 the value i would pick is about $80, so $80 a pair in dd close out that pair.

the 80 number subject to change, just my feeling so far.

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2017, 07:56:58 PM »
Hi reinerh,

I am considering making it a % per pair, obviously user entered but typically around 5%......obviously you could enter 1% which would give you around $100 on a $10k account.

I am also experimenting with some trend protection but there is a fine balance between producing trades and avoiding drawdown. Possibly I will combine the trend protection with the equity stoploss, where a trade will only stopout when the EA detects an adverse trend.

Anyway, lots to think about :-)

www.compu-forex.com

Online reinerh

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
Hi reinerh,

I am considering making it a % per pair, obviously user entered but typically around 5%......obviously you could enter 1% which would give you around $100 on a $10k account.

I am also experimenting with some trend protection but there is a fine balance between producing trades and avoiding drawdown. Possibly I will combine the trend protection with the equity stoploss, where a trade will only stopout when the EA detects an adverse trend.

Anyway, lots to think about :-)

kenny,

i had a hunch you are thinking %......... thats not a good idea.

for small acounts = not everybody will have 10k accounts the percent wont work, because increments are too small.

over the years i have seen this also with a lot of marties, and its just not the best approach.

a $ figure is much simpler.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2017, 02:15:44 AM »
I don't know what I am doing wrong but yesterday I set up 2 new Demo accounts and added the Swap EA to one account at default and the Trader EA to the other demo account at default i.e. I did not change any of the settings in either EA and so far there has not been a trade open on either platform.
Yes Live trading is ON and yes the EAs are on the EURUSD 15 min chart?

Any clues as to why they may not be trading or is there some other trick to this.

Thanks
Pete

Sudden thought- is it because the base currency of my accounts are in AUD$?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:40:13 AM by petermatt »

Online reinerh

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2017, 02:48:08 AM »
peter,

no worries, it goes in spurts. kinda interesting to watch, you will see.

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
petermatt,

Exactly as reinerh says :-)

As a precaution please check the Experts Tab for any info. Some brokers also seem to be "lazy" to download the data for some reason. If it hasn't traded by tonight, please let me know and we can try analyse a bit further.

www.compu-forex.com

Offline petermatt

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »
petermatt,

Exactly as reinerh says :-)

As a precaution please check the Experts Tab for any info. Some brokers also seem to be "lazy" to download the data for some reason. If it hasn't traded by tonight, please let me know and we can try analyse a bit further.

Hi Kenny/reinerh,

Thanks for the advice. I did that and found I was logged in as "Investor" because I had changed the Account Password but not re-logged in using the new password.
 ::) ::)

We will see what next week brings LOL.
Pete

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by CanadianPsycho
[Today at 04:22:22 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 01:39:34 PM]

Re: Forex Gold Investor EA by wallstreet.forex.robot
[Today at 10:57:42 AM]

Re: EA Controller by diyforexskills