collapse

Author Topic: Compu-Forex  (Read 893 times)

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
Re: Compu-Forex
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
Hi guys,

Please update to V1.21 from my website.

EA will now initialize the data download when you load/restart the EA. It will also inspect the indicator output before allowing trades off the data.

I have included a basic money management routine. You decide the initial lots and the EA will increase lots in line with EQUITY on the account as it grows.

The swap alert is working but I have at least 1 broker(swissquote) that appears to change swaps every hour. You can select swap alert to false if this happens. It also automatically re-initializes the EA if a swap alert is triggered, so the EA can see if the swap changes affect the trading basket(unlikely but you never know).

Good trading

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:56:17 AM by kennyhubbard »
Wealth Creation Through Technology
www.compu-forex.com

Offline reinerh

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »

hi kenny,

i just tried to load the update, discovered that the trendtrader link is not working.

the swap one works fine.

keep up the good work :)

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:12 PM »
Hi reinerh

Thanks for the feedback......sorry about that.

The link should be working now. :-[
www.compu-forex.com

Offline kennyhubbard

• compu-forex.com
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
Hi Kenny and welcome  - you have some promising bots, but grid trading is unlikely to produce a sustained profit longer term, unless you use a very strict SL for basket trades to avoid an account meltdown. I also think you may be approaching this the wrong way around; ie being too technology focused, rather than on a good low risk trading system in the first place. There are decent EA writer(s) already on this site who can knock up a decent EA once you provide them with the strategy, and this is the key IMHO - so maybe adopt a two pronged approach and avoid these high risk ( gird/marti & scalp) systems, with more focus on the 'system'.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your input. I apologize for the slow reply. I have taken some time to consider how best to respond.

First off let me start by admitting that I am all about the technology. I believe that there is no holy grail out there and the best systems will use incremental steps to improve it's performance, leaving no pip unturned, so to speak. This is my strength I think it will be good to follow this route. We all have different routes.....this is just mine.

You are correct about grids and that they are unlikely to succeed in the long term but one has to look at why. IMHO the big problem with grids is that they trade few pairs and once they are in a series of trades, they no longer produce any profit until the grid has closed in profit. Often the silent killer in these systems are months of drawdown, whilst swaps gnaw away at the equity. Don't even get me started on the futility of hedge grids.

Conversely, my system still continues to produce profit whilst some pairs may have a drawdown, still winning some 80% of trades. Even then trades that build a grid end up producing some income.

Consider for a moment a pair like USDTRY which produces, typically $130 per 0.1 lots per month. This is $1560 per year, or 15.6% return(on a $10k account). I know this doesn't clear the drawdown but I believe you can see the benefits. It's a hidden gem, like compound interest.

Consider that most grids need to clear themselves ASAP to keep making money, leading to either increased lot sizes(martingale) or tight grids. Both of these threaten the safety of your account.

Conversely, in my system, for the 2 reasons first mentioned, we are not concerned with clearing out the grid at the risk of the account. We adopt it as a carry trade. We therefore trade so conservatively that it is unlikely that your account will ever be threatened with a blowup, and still produce satisfactory returns.

There will be those that try and increase returns by trading larger lot sizes and they may even blow up their accounts but I am aiming to have clients achieve consistent 5% per month and be able to do it with 1:50 leverage.

I might point out some other advantages of my EA. It is relatively unaffected by latency*. It doesn't matter if it isn't connected to the internet 24/7*. One of my demo accounts I run from my laptop which is routinely disconnected from the internet for up to 18 hours at a time while I travel. The way it enters it's orders means that it is less exposed to flash crash/fat finger trading. Advanced trailing stop to lock in profit. You don't have to turn it off for news events, which it loves. As you can see technology has something to contribute.

To coin a phrase.....there is so much winning here you going to get sick of winning  ;D

*Obviously results will be better when run off a VPS. I am just illustrating that it is not a critical requirement like some EA's
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:45:50 AM by kennyhubbard »
www.compu-forex.com

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Harmonics Trader EA by deathlord
[Today at 10:30:59 AM]

Re: Rocket EA (TulipFX) by deathlord
[Today at 10:21:41 AM]

Re: Shorts-n-longs (PA, S&R, etc.) by alextrader79
[Today at 10:10:25 AM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by Walter_HT