collapse

Author Topic: Remora EA  (Read 50185 times)

Offline krisz

Re: Remora EA
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
What the EA price is going to be?
Hi Viltsu,
I have some numbers in my head, but it is not finalized. So until that I don't want to say anything. I'm thinking about a first price, and a yearly fee. I think this business model is good for me and for the customers, because after the sales I have to take care for the customers and for the EA to update it if it is necessary.

Offline timetotrade

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Thanks for your response. Yes the cracked article was funny to read, but probably true. At least you have been honest and what you have said makes good sense. I do understand where you are coming from. Anyhow I will keep and eye on the robot and see how it progresses. Never know it may turn out to be good. :)

At least this EA is not another breakout/volatility one, thank god for that. Was getting sick and tired of those strategies, they are flooding the market, probably another reason why they are not doing so well now. Anyhow I notice the Remora live account is only small, it has just 2 grand deposit. I have said this many times before, anyone selling an EA really needs to show more confidence in their strategy, by having at least 10 grand. I am not saying that this is going to be a bad EA, but it would just be good to finally see a vendor with a large live account that they are willing to risk. Since you are always going to get enough people to purchase at the start, while things look good. Small account balance will easily be made up with initial and ongoing sales. That is until the WCS happens at some point.
Hi timetotrade,
I think 2000 USD is not so small. Beside that, I will open an MT4 account with 1000 USD where the MT4 version of this EA is going to be running. I'm sure, I won't increase the amount in MT4 version, because I trust more in Dukascopy. JForex and MT4 versions logic are the same, the only difference is going to be everybody the broker. I'm with Dukascopy.
Also for me 2000 USD is not small. I live in Hungary, the average yearly salary is 2,724,000 HUF, that means 13,162 AUD. In Australia the average yearly salary is 72,000 AUD. The difference is more than 5 times. So if we look at the rate, I'm with your numbers :) Of course I know why the salaries are higher, because it is really dangerous http://www.cracked.com/funny-163-australia/ :)
Definitely if I will get enough money from the sales, I will increase the Dukascopy's account. I'm not saying it will be 10000 USD, depends on the sales of course. And maybe some will say 10000 USD is small, if the vendor trust his product, should it run with 100,000 USD, and so on...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:46:04 AM by timetotrade »

Offline deathlord

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
I'm thinking about a first price, and a yearly fee. I think this business model is good for me and for the customers, because after the sales I have to take care for the customers and for the EA to update it if it is necessary.
Oh we have heard that one before  ;D

Offline mikepipmaker

• Pursuit of Pippyness
  • Love to be cheerleader :-)
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
Hello krisz. Good to know you have your ea closer to sale  :D 

I remembered your posts reg. backtests at http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=11048.msg278438#msg278438

just a quick question: Your current backtest looks good. It does seem that you were talking about same ea in the thread above, so how did your solve the backtest not coming out good for older years?  Just take care that you do not unintentionally curve fit or over optimize just to get backtest millions. We have seen enough. reasonable good backtest is fine with me and a little more info on strategy will be great. from what is given, it is tough to guess what it is... the sl and tp do seem pretty narrow to have survived 2008/2009 ranges which were 5x higher than what we normally see..  :P
No method or EA can be successfull if we keep changing the rules and be impatient.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
The vendor's website is down at the moment.
Hi,
Do you still have this problem?

Yes. I have now tried it on 3 different computers and none can get the site. I have now tried again from my ipad with the same result.

Offline viltsu

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
Hi,

Yes. I have now tried it on 3 different computers and none can get the site. I have now tried again from my ipad with the same result.

Weird,

The site is working fine to me.

Offline krisz

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »
Hello krisz. Good to know you have your ea closer to sale  :D 

I remembered your posts reg. backtests at http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=11048.msg278438#msg278438

just a quick question: Your current backtest looks good. It does seem that you were talking about same ea in the thread above, so how did your solve the backtest not coming out good for older years?  Just take care that you do not unintentionally curve fit or over optimize just to get backtest millions. We have seen enough. reasonable good backtest is fine with me and a little more info on strategy will be great. from what is given, it is tough to guess what it is... the sl and tp do seem pretty narrow to have survived 2008/2009 ranges which were 5x higher than what we normally see..  :P
Hi Mike,
Yes it is the same EA, since then I could remove all the bad trades from the backtest text file, so now it looks good  ;D :P
NO, JUST KIDDING! :)
In that time I was looking at the trades why it doesn't really works end of 2008 (it survived but had big DD)... and got a simple idea... this EA shouldn't trade on choppy market. Take a look at the backtest from 2008 Sept., when the financial crisis reached the forex really. Between 2008. sept. and 2009. March (7 months) it had only 17 trades. Simple, it shouldn't trade in choppy market at all. And that was it. This strategy is quite simple, that's why I trust in this system.
Little more about the strategy: I use moving average to get the trend, a filter to avoid the choppy market and looking for entry positions. For the main strategy I have a closing part, but if I would remove that, the backtest wouldn't change so much, just to avoid the bigger loss (10-20 pips vs. 45 pips).
In 10 years it had 1600 trades, which means 160 trades a year, so 3 trades a week. It's not a HFT robot :)

Offline krisz

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
Hi,

Strange...
Try with this online proxy: http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://remora-ea.com
it has a small banner, but you can close this window.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
Hi,

Strange...
Try with this online proxy: http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://remora-ea.com
it has a small banner, but you can close this window.

Thanks for the link. This gets the site to show up.

I wonder what is causing the problem then? Am I on some sort of "banned" list?  :(

Offline Bumblebee-

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »
Hi, Could you please upload the backtest into www.myfxbook.com/strategies? I would like to see the backtest more in detail.
Thanks.

Offline viltsu

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:58 AM »
This EA looks very interesting, but I need more history with MT4 version.

Offline krisz

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »
Hi, Could you please upload the backtest into www.myfxbook.com/strategies? I would like to see the backtest more in detail.
Thanks.
Hi,
Done :)
Here is the link: http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/remora-ea/52895

Offline Eddi Megabot

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
At least this EA is not another breakout/volatility one, thank god for that. Was getting sick and tired of those strategies, they are flooding the market, probably another reason why they are not doing so well now. Anyhow I notice the Remora live account is only small, it has just 2 grand deposit. I have said this many times before, anyone selling an EA really needs to show more confidence in their strategy, by having at least 10 grand. I am not saying that this is going to be a bad EA, but it would just be good to finally see a vendor with a large live account that they are willing to risk. Since you are always going to get enough people to purchase at the start, while things look good. Small account balance will easily be made up with initial and ongoing sales. That is until the WCS happens at some point.
Hi timetotrade,
I think 2000 USD is not so small. Beside that, I will open an MT4 account with 1000 USD where the MT4 version of this EA is going to be running. I'm sure, I won't increase the amount in MT4 version, because I trust more in Dukascopy. JForex and MT4 versions logic are the same, the only difference is going to be everybody the broker. I'm with Dukascopy.
Also for me 2000 USD is not small. I live in Hungary, the average yearly salary is 2,724,000 HUF, that means 13,162 AUD. In Australia the average yearly salary is 72,000 AUD. The difference is more than 5 times. So if we look at the rate, I'm with your numbers :) Of course I know why the salaries are higher, because it is really dangerous http://www.cracked.com/funny-163-australia/ :)
Definitely if I will get enough money from the sales, I will increase the Dukascopy's account. I'm not saying it will be 10000 USD, depends on the sales of course. And maybe some will say 10000 USD is small, if the vendor trust his product, should it run with 100,000 USD, and so on...

For me (it's a subjective thing) a 100$ account has the same informative value like a 10'000$ account. A real $ account is a real $ account, if the EA works with 0.01 lot it should work also with 1 lot (that's not a rule and not 100% correct but that's an assumption I take). So no urgent reason for a large live account.

The exception is when someone starts stupid sales pitch like "We are a team of 10 people with 20 years experience in Forex each and we are all seasoned fund managers bla bla bla" and then they show up a 50$ account. That's ridiculous.

Offline viltsu

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 03:48:34 AM »
Hello krisz,

When do you start MT4 account with Myfxbook?

Thanks,

viltsu

Offline Nadir

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »

For me (it's a subjective thing) a 100$ account has the same informative value like a 10'000$ account. A real $ account is a real $ account, if the EA works with 0.01 lot it should work also with 1 lot (that's not a rule and not 100% correct but that's an assumption I take). So no urgent reason for a large live account.

Yes you are very right with that but that it's not the matter. The information is the same but I give you an example which shows that the amount of the risked real money can be important:

I can easily code a so-so martingale-bot, odds are good that it will give very good profits about 6 months and then blow the account. We see this often. If I use 100 USD here and sell one license for 100 USD and do proper advertisement then I am likey to get a few customers after let's say 3-5 months with good results. I very well know here that my bot will fail after 6-12 months but just 2 payments would be enough to give me good profit.
Such a scammer wouldn't easily dare to create a 10.0000 USD real account because then it would need 101 customers at least.

I don't say that Remora's amount isn't enough. It seems fine to me and he looks clearly trustworthy in my opinion.

@krisz
If you can't manage to run myfxbook with the Duka account how about creating another account with 100-500 USD at another broker and copying the trades? (Reducing lot size of course or using 10000 Cent USD and copying 1:1)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:38:59 PM by Nadir »

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 04:18:02 PM]

Re: HotForex by pinoytrader
[Today at 01:01:09 PM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:22:37 AM]

Re: LEGEND by atomico
[Today at 12:04:43 AM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 10:46:40 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 10:28:27 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 09:34:40 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Yesterday at 03:08:15 PM]

Re: Best Quotes by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:03:23 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 01:12:25 PM]