collapse

Author Topic: Why some of us are more interested in Automated Trading?  (Read 11705 times)

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
Re: Why some of us are more interested in Automated Trading?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »
I first replied to this thread 2 years ago. Time flies!

Nothing has changed, though.

Its normal to be "interested" in having a cash register on autopilot.

Its also never going to happen (getting them to spit out cash). The only ones telling you otherwise are the ones selling the cash registers.
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:44:27 AM by lonewolf »

Offline Corey Anderson

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
There are many kinds of traders in Forex trading . the traders who basically do not depend on their own trading only these kinds of depend on automated trading. Basically the investor depend on this trading approach not the trader who are actually real professional trader

Offline indicator

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2017, 05:35:22 AM »
People who use automated trading they think they will get more profit from it. Robot will make money for them very easily. As a matter of fact there are both possibility may be automated trading bring profit some time. , They should not totally depend on them.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
I have a question and I would love to hear all your opinions on it - doesn't automated trading make people's anxiety problem worse? They essentially lose control over it and have to rely on a machine to do it for them, isn't that even more stress-inducing?

Offline tugatrader

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2017, 08:56:59 PM »
I have a question and I would love to hear all your opinions on it - doesn't automated trading make people's anxiety problem worse? They essentially lose control over it and have to rely on a machine to do it for them, isn't that even more stress-inducing?

I think the problem with over anxious people is that they cannot handle their emotions and comply with a defined strategy for manual trading, so they prefer to trust a robot. It may be even the case that someone only looks at the results after a while. If they are not constantly checking their performance, they may not suffer so much

Offline hybrid

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2017, 08:48:05 PM »
Yes this type of people do not wait for proper time of trading nor they had patience to collect small profits . They want a big jump so they try to find automated trading thinking it is a quick way of earning. They are not fully aware side effects of automated trading.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »
Yes this type of people do not wait for proper time of trading nor they had patience to collect small profits . They want a big jump so they try to find automated trading thinking it is a quick way of earning. They are not fully aware side effects of automated trading.

What are the side effects of automated trading ? Not that I do not agree with you, just asking from pure interest

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:40 AM »
Why? Because human tend to be lazy and hoping to get a quick free lunch and getting rich quick. I believe to me this is the best answer.

Offline Aaronpp

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
Mainly many are interested in automated commerce because they want to have more time for themselves, dedicate to another job or have more free time without abandoning trading and equally obtain favorable profits for themselves but still get a service that works perfectly and takes care of making profits favorable is very complicated because most seek to swindle their customers, stealing their money and charging commissions so high that they lead to loss. This is why most operators prefer manual trading because it is safer than trusting their money to another person or company whose true intentions are unknown.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »
Why? Because human tend to be lazy and hoping to get a quick free lunch and getting rich quick. I believe to me this is the best answer.

Nah, the reason of this is that manual trading becomes obsolete. You can't compete with algos placing trades manually, especially if we compare trading performance for scalping style. For long-term investment trades, yes humans still outperform machines, but trading is mostly speculation and profits can be maximised by increasing number of profitable trades.

Offline FxTS

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2019, 08:27:39 AM »
Automated trading becomes more and more popular nowadays. One of the main reasons is that now it is quite affordable: almost any trader could transform his strategy into algorithm and use it to create an EA.
There are three main approaches to automated trading:
- automatization of existing strategies used for manual trading. This is the most popular way to creata a bot, when you just describe your strategy as an algorithm containing several actions performed under particular conditions. In fact, even manual strategy itself should contain such information.
- creation of special strategies for autmoated trading. The main difference is that in such case the strategy created exclusively for automated trading, so it is almost impossible to use it in manual trading. For example, such strategy should require to make dozens of trades with very small profit strictly in accordance with the rules, otherwise it would lead to losses. Most of such strategies are scalping ones, while some of them are based on arbitration or corellation principles.
- execution automatization. This approach used mostly by large institutional players that need to execute huge orders. Since it would be quite difficult to create large positions through manual testing they employ special bots that execute orders as close to specified prices, as possible. Most of such bots use various MAs or VWAP - that is why these indicators work so great.

It is also possible to define theree steps of automatization:
- automated searching for patterns - something like advanced screener that informs trader on patterns he is looking for,
- automated position opening - an EA finds the setup and opens the position while trader manage this position later,
- fully automated trading when EA performs all steps of trading process from searching for setups and opening positions to closing it.

To my mind, automated trading would gain more followers and become one of the most important improvements in trading process of each trader.
Education, Exploration, Experimentation

Online FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
Yes, the upside is that it will always follow rules, never trade emotionally and never miss entries given enough available margin, whereas the downside is that an algorithm is simply not as adaptive as a human being in spotting different kinds of opportunities and taking into account a huge variety of background information.

Theoretically one could think of a super-algo that incorporates all that, but that would be extremely difficult to program, if only because you have to think of a nearly infinite amount of factors and combine them all in a way that makes sense. Of course machine learning may be the way forward here, but it will have to incorporate weighing different factors differently in different circumstances, extrapolating information from the past into the future. Just using a portfolio of simpler algos suitable for different circumstances and selecting for those would be far easier than to create one 'human-like' algorithm.

browse forum