collapse

Author Topic: Why some of us are more interested in Automated Trading?  (Read 13579 times)

Offline iMusingKiMi

Re: Why some of us are more interested in Automated Trading?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2019, 08:40:11 AM »
Yes, the upside is that it will always follow rules, never trade emotionally and never miss entries given enough available margin, whereas the downside is that an algorithm is simply not as adaptive as a human being in spotting different kinds of opportunities and taking into account a huge variety of background information.

Theoretically one could think of a super-algo that incorporates all that, but that would be extremely difficult to program, if only because you have to think of a nearly infinite amount of factors and combine them all in a way that makes sense. Of course machine learning may be the way forward here, but it will have to incorporate weighing different factors differently in different circumstances, extrapolating information from the past into the future. Just using a portfolio of simpler algos suitable for different circumstances and selecting for those would be far easier than to create one 'human-like' algorithm.

I do agree on your explanation. Most algos out there are actually a set of simpler rules instead of 'human-like' algorithm. For instance like cross-market trading or spot-futures arbitrage which exist over the decades that still profitable, just not as profitable as before. With the existence of such algo out there, some people tend to believe 'human-like' algo can be created, beat the market and predict the future with its market movement. If human himself can't predict the future, how are they going to set those kind of rules? Algorithm is a set of rules to be followed in calculations or problem-solving, not to predict future.

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2019, 12:30:56 AM »
I use automatic trading because only curious how to attach ea to the platform then running it, afterward, I am back to manually, because still more comfortable when trade manually rather than with robot trading

Offline Nasdaq100

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »
I think people who participated in this thread in 2014 most likely already regret using EAs by now after losing money

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
I think people who participated in this thread in 2014 most likely already regret using EAs by now after losing money

Maybe, because now already on 2019 and no update anymore,  good ea I think will survive to make money for more than two years more, but when trying some ea, most of them leading to failing quickly, in addition, martingale ea.

Offline Umar

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Good point. I also think that today we are facing more volatility on the markets than ever before. In addition, market moves are sometimes not aligned with actual fundamentals. This means that more EAs will make wrong trading choices and probably blow your account swifter

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »
Good point. I also think that today we are facing more volatility on the markets than ever before. In addition, market moves are sometimes not aligned with actual fundamentals. This means that more EAs will make wrong trading choices and probably blow your account swifter

What volatility? Take a look at the Daily ATR on EURUSD and you will see that volatility as measured by ATR has not been as low as it is now since 2014.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2019, 09:40:52 PM »

Market forex is unique, there is uncertainty, not like as math science, it's about probability, using automatic trading almost them designed based on the technical toolbox, while fundamental analysis based on news and its impact, it`s fair if ea sometimes fail

Offline plamar

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
Because they do not want to do work. That's is why! 8)
Sorry for my bad english...

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2019, 10:58:30 PM »
An interesting few takes from Bloomberg about the market we are operating in, either fundamentally or automated.

"Its a microcosm for the global currency market over the past decade. While overall turnover has picked up worldwide, foreign-exchange managers have lost money for seven of the 10 years since the end of 2009 and some of the biggest funds have been forced to shut down. Market shocks such as the removal of the Swiss francs currency cap and the devaluation of the Chinese yuan have only complicated matters further. And shifts in central bank policy have also caught traders unawares and left them nursing losses.

Globally, FX managers have posted cumulatively negative returns since 2011, based on the Citi Parker Global Currency Manager Index. That has seen currency-only hedge funds, once a hot part of financial markets, retreat in numbers after nearly tripling in the years before the global financial crisis. Traders are suffering from volatility sliding to near-record lows, based on the JPMorgans Global FX Volatility Index."
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2019, 10:45:54 PM »
Because they do not want to do work. That's is why! 8)

I think because dream to get easy money without hardworking
use automatic trading, just need step install, and running then waiting for the result
although many times fail

Offline Foxy_Trader

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »
Oh yes! The easy money thing  8)
Nothing changes - people want to have everything and do nothing instead.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Pegasus FX by Pegasus FX
[Today at 03:37:27 PM]

Re: Will forex become the most popular Earning platform in future? by Tobei
[Today at 07:41:02 AM]

Re: How else to choose a broker? by Tobei
[Today at 07:36:12 AM]

Re: Forex Optimum Representative by Tobei
[Today at 07:31:35 AM]

Re: Personal business by Tobei
[Today at 07:27:24 AM]