collapse

Author Topic: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)  (Read 1507 times)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
Re: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
You have a good rating at forum, so I can install EA at demo for u at my server, if you share here monitoring. I sure, it will be interesting for all Donna's users.

Thank you for the offer, but I am not sure what you are offering exactly? I believe I can install the free demo test version myself through mql5.com?

"normal account size" different for different brokers: if the broker have a minimal volume per trade 10 shares, so normal size nearly 5000-10000 (10 000 for expensive shares like GOOGL and AMZN) for normal risk.

I have an account with Admiral Markets and they have a minimum of only 1 (in some cases even less I believe), and you can even trade US stocks without commissions for now (not sure if they will keep that forever).

For now a correlation between demo and live over 90%, so any problems :)

I understand. And maybe my question was not very clearly worded, but what I meant was if you backtest over the same period that you have live results for now, what is the correlation there?

1. mql5.com Demo can be used only at Strategy Tester. It cannot be used at Demo account.

2. Yes, for current period were only few trades and at Tester I have the same trades as at Live, so correlation is 1 to 1. I said 90%, because at the distance it can be lower - it's impossible have 1 to 1 at longterm.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
1. mql5.com Demo can be used only at Strategy Tester. It cannot be used at Demo account.

Oh, OK! I did not realise. In that case, yes I would like to take that offer and make it public for the people here to see.

2. Yes, for current period were only few trades and at Tester I have the same trades as at Live, so correlation is 1 to 1. I said 90%, because at the distance it can be lower - it's impossible have 1 to 1 at longterm.

Thanks for that. Good to know the correlation is high so far.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 12:07:47 PM »

Oh, OK! I did not realise. In that case, yes I would like to take that offer and make it public for the people here to see.

Thanks for that. Good to know the correlation is high so far.

Contact with me via pm

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
By the way, are you trading different portfolios on the myfxbooks account from the first post? Seeing as the one is in profit and the other in loss on the same period, and they have traded different stocks.

Yes, 2 monitoring have a different portfolios. At Admiral markets MT5 version with the Moderate portfolio and risk x1.5 (M15 + H1). At Darwinex Demo MT4 version with the H1 Conservative presets for MT4 (I will port it to MT5 soon, because results are really cool) and begin Live tests for it.

So is it the M15 ones that caused most of the losses? My bet would be that the H1 ones do better and I saw there are H4 ones as well, which may do better still.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
By the way, are you trading different portfolios on the myfxbooks account from the first post? Seeing as the one is in profit and the other in loss on the same period, and they have traded different stocks.

Yes, 2 monitoring have a different portfolios. At Admiral markets MT5 version with the Moderate portfolio and risk x1.5 (M15 + H1). At Darwinex Demo MT4 version with the H1 Conservative presets for MT4 (I will port it to MT5 soon, because results are really cool) and begin Live tests for it.

So is it the M15 ones that caused most of the losses? My bet would be that the H1 ones do better and I saw there are H4 ones as well, which may do better still.

I found out myself now that the answer is yes.

However, I also did the visual backtests and found out that the M15s backtest much better than I would have expected. And the H4s much worse. Intriguing.

Have you looked at the daily time frame as a possibility?

Also, I am a bit concerned over-optimisation might play a role here, given the amount of indicators that seem to be involved. Although the H1 forward test has shown it not to be an immediate problem. I guess time will tell.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »

I found out myself now that the answer is yes.

However, I also did the visual backtests and found out that the M15s backtest much better than I would have expected. And the H4s much worse. Intriguing.

Have you looked at the daily time frame as a possibility?

Also, I am a bit concerned over-optimisation might play a role here, given the amount of indicators that seem to be involved. Although the H1 forward test has shown it not to be an immediate problem. I guess time will tell.

H4 and Daily have a small number of trades. I don't want to use it at the moment. Better H1 and M15. Overfitting is a problem for all systems, but i made optimizations since 2013-2014 year. I think, worst case is a stagnation for the system.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »
OK, so we have set up a small live test account of mine which will be running the MT4 version ported to MT5 (for reasons ivanvp can explain better than I).

Link for all to follow:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FLechdrop/stock-trader-pro-live-test/6421703

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:23:43 AM by FLechdrop »

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »
OK, so we have set up a small live test account of mine which will be running the MT4 version ported to MT5 (for reasons ivanvp can explain better than I).

Link for all to follow:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FLechdrop/stock-trader-pro-live-test/6421703

MT4 and MT5 always were the same :) Here are PRESETS from MT4 ported to MT5, because for MT5 I optimized presets separately, however, I am not satisfied with their work.

Unfortunately, once again the Strategy Tester in MT5 shows a picture that is completely different from the real one. Therefore, I decided to do the old-fashioned way: optimize on MT4 and use the resulting sets on MT4 and MT5.

In addition, I will close my account at Admiral Markets and open a new one with a portfolio similar to FLechdrop. I use the same portfolio on the Darwinex Demo and I very satisfied with the results:

Also, at the moment I have maken discount for the system - $750.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Your biggest nightmare in trading by drunkfx
[Today at 07:22:20 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by drunkfx
[Today at 07:21:05 AM]

Re: How to choose a broker? by drunkfx
[Today at 07:20:14 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:56:27 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 09:30:02 PM]